Home
Posted By: Rolly West Texas Hog Hunt - 12/02/16
I am looking for a ranch/outfitter in west Texas that will take a rifle hog hunter for guided 2-3 day hunt this mid-winter. I would prefer to stay on the ranch and eat on the ranch. My wife will be accompaning me but she is a non hunter. I would like someplace nice but it doesn't need to be a spectacular place either. Nice, clean, neat with good help, good food, good beds and a genuine ranch type atmosphere.
Can I get any personal recommendations from you guys and perhaps a contact number and/or web page ?

Thanks
Posted By: EdM Re: West Texas Hog Hunt - 12/02/16
Why only west Texas?
Posted By: Tejano Re: West Texas Hog Hunt - 12/02/16
What are you calling West Texas? To me West Texas is the Trans Pecos area and there are very few hogs out there except for some localities that have a bunch like Balmorae.

Some people think of Abilene as west Texas and the Nail Ranch there has lots. It's a nice place but pricey although I don't know the cost for hogs only.

Areas with the most hogs are south and east Texas all the way to the coast.

There is a nice ranch in Brady with hogs you might try the Chamber of Commerce there or the taxidermy shops for info.

I have shot so many I only do it for meat anymore so sorry that I don't have any specifics.
Posted By: viking Re: West Texas Hog Hunt - 12/03/16
Do you want archery or rifle. If archery, I know of a place about 30 miles west of SA.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: West Texas Hog Hunt - 12/03/16
Most wild hogs ive seen were in the pecos river country of west Texas and north of the rocky canyon country of SW Texas.

Any country 40 miles either side of the river in the desert/praire country that isnt heavily trapped or hunted has tons of them.
Posted By: Rolly Re: West Texas Hog Hunt - 12/04/16
I called West Texas because I will be driving from the Phoenix area and I wanted the hunt area to be as relatively close as possible. The hunt will be a rifle only hunt. Daylight too. Not intereted in helicopters or the night vision goggles shooting business. Just old time hunting. Nothing fancy.
Posted By: hanco Re: West Texas Hog Hunt - 12/05/16
Tons of hogs around Austin, all over Texas really.
Posted By: Tejano Re: West Texas Hog Hunt - 12/05/16
As Jaquar said Pecos River or Balmorhea but I don't know of any hog hunting operations around there. I would check with the various outfitters that hunt west and see what they could offer. Around Eldorado (be sure to pronounce it Eldahraydo) there are some, west but not really West Texas. Magnum Outfitters operates out of Eldorado check their web site. He doe's mostly more glamorous hunts but might know of some options.
Posted By: powdr Re: West Texas Hog Hunt - 12/05/16
Check with "Free Hog Hunting in Texas". While not free at $299 for 3ays and 2 nights it's hard to beat. Several packages available. Nice lodge and food. Check it out...I'm going to. powdr
© 24hourcampfire