Home
Anybody use these? Looking for non lead factory ammo getting ready for new California regulations lead ban. I know, I know its dumb and stupid but I'm to old to move.
You are never too old to improve your situation.....
Great bullet on game. Wife has slayed 2 deer and 2 elk the last few years from her 7-08 at a lowly 2700 MV.

Shots have been from 200-400 yards. 3 of 4 critters have dropped in tracks or in their bed, her cow elk from yesterday ran 15 yards leaking like a sieve at 365 yards.

Haven't recovered a bullet yet. All exits...
I've used the 150 E-Tip at 2,900 fps in my 7mm RMag on several animals ranging from Kodiak Blacktail to Eland.

I've been very happy with their performance.
Posted By: GRF Re: Nosler 140 Grain e-tip 7mm-08 - 12/04/16
Not the same but similar i used the 140g TTSX in my 7-08 this year and everything died well (4 animals). A 270 yard broadside rib cage in and out shot on my WT dropped him after 4-5 steps.

My testing indicates that the E-Tip, GMX and the TTSX operate very much the same.

I think you will be satisfied with bullet.

Nothing but good results with the 150 Etip out of a 7 Saum.
Used lots of Barnes, E-tips should work the same.
i like the barnes ttsx in 7-08mm. (also in 7mmRM, 35 whelen, 6.5 creedmoor for that matter)
I much prefer the Etip to any Barnes offering, no question.
Originally Posted by GregW

Reason?

Greg, do they make a 120 E-tip for you?...usually a step down in weight is a good thing with monos...
Only my opinion and experiences as we are only through two seasons with Etips, but I get larger non-bone wound channels and loads a bit easier to find and then fine tune.

Other reason is just observation. I've killed quite a bit with ttsx and I've had critters run multiple hundreds of yards with perfect double lung broadside shots.

With Etips, furthest critter has gone 15 yards with like shot placement.

Etips will hit pressure before ttsx....

Originally Posted by ingwe

Greg, do they make a 120 E-tip for you?...usually a step down in weight is a good thing with monos...

Only 7mm 140's I think...
Agree with Greg on the etip. I've had nothing but good luck with them, BC is better, and they open up really well. My only issue is the lack of good reloading data on them. Being that I'm a lazy reloader, I actually have to look for pressure. Ha
Some a-hole has a bunch of 7mm 150 gr E-Tips in the classifieds...

P
Thanks guys, just ordered some from Midway
FYI, Nosler.com has the 7mm 140 etips on sale right now until the 20th I believe.

7mm 140 etip sale linky

Nosler (Shooters Pro Shop) has 7mm 140 E-tips (over run) on sale for $23.95/50.
sbsmith
© 24hourcampfire