Home
Posted By: Dre Hunters and guides attacked - 01/08/17
Saw this on a different. Hunting forum.
Sorry if reposting or wrong place.
https://plus.google.com/105428562764060153399/posts/3FoC4MuH8kE
Holy cow!

Think the key statement was the family was working with border officials on illegal immigration. Apparently we have an informant working for the other side in that area. It's time to be more serious about the border and the drug cartels.
An attack on Americans by foreigners.

Drop some bombs. Big ones.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
An attack on Americans by foreigners.

Drop some bombs. Big ones.

Were it muslims it would be terrorism...okay, maybe not to obama.
As far as I'm concerned the Army should be deployed along the southern border.

Like it or not, we are being invaded. It is shameful that the government has to post signs as far as 100 miles from the border stating that the area past the sign may not be safe.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

Like it or not, we are being invaded. It is shameful that the government has to post signs as far as 100 miles from the border stating that the area past the sign may not be safe.

[Linked Image]

There shouldn't be signs like that anywhere in America.
Coyote_Hunter: I can't believe this!
Sad.
Thanks for this information.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

[Linked Image]

We have no excuse for allowing this to exist!
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

We have no excuse for allowing this to exist!

Dang, we've now agreed on a topic twice in one week. wink

Pathetic isn't it?

We really, really, should start shooting every one of them as soon as they step on American soil........

Casey
They're saying it was friendly fire. F me what a cluster
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

We really, really, should start shooting every one of them as soon as they step on American soil........

Casey

Good ole cold blooded murder rears it's ugly head again.
Posted By: jimy Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/14/17

Read the rest of the story they both got excited and shot each other.......
Posted By: RinB Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/14/17
Look again,
Posted By: dh84 Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/14/17
Build fence!
Originally Posted by jimy

Read the rest of the story they both got excited and shot each other.......

Some reports of no evidence supporting their claims of anyone else on the property... We'll hopefully find out the truth... wink
Posted By: jimy Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/14/17
PRESIDIO COUNTY — The two men airlifted from a remote Presidio County ranch for treatment of severe gunshot wounds last week were either shot by each other or other members of their own hunting party, not attackers from Mexico.

That’s the conclusion the Presidio County Sheriff’s Office has reached after a weeklong investigation. Regardless, the incident triggered a viral fake news story shared across the internet, including by Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, who has previously been criticized for sharing untrue stories.

Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller
Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller

Evidence recovered from the scene of last Friday’s shooting near Candelaria indicate the severe gunshot wounds inflicted on Walker Daugherty and Edwin Roberts were caused by friendly fire, the sheriff’s office said in a statement Friday.

“There were no bullet casings or projectiles from weapons other than those belonging to the individuals hunting on the ranch nor in the RV belonging to the hunting party.”

New Mexico hunting guide Walker Daugherty, 26, and Florida chiropractor Dr. Edwin Roberts, 59, were airlifted from the Circle Dug Ranch last Friday after the Sheriff’s Office responded a shooting incident. Daugherty and Roberts were both taken to El Paso for treatment.

The Sheriff’s Office continues to deny rumors spread since last week that the incident was caused by attackers who entered the Rio Grande-adjacent ranch from Mexico.

A GoFundMe.com page set up by a family friend and statement from a neighbor of Daughtery’s after the incident led to widespread internet rumors and ultimately headlines claiming the two men were attacked by Mexicans trying to steal a recreational vehicle in which Roberts and his wife were sleeping.

“There is no evidence that suggests ‘cross-border violence,’” the sheriff’s office statement said. The sheriff’s office was assisted in responding to the incident by U.S. Border Patrol agents, who searched the area with thermal imaging technology from the air and found no sign of anyone on the ranch other than the hunting party.

“A thorough search of the perimeter of the ranch house by U.S. Border Patrol involving an approximate 30 agents, including expert trackers, concluded that there was no sign of human pedestrian traffic leading to or from the ranch that night,” the Sheriff’s Office statement said.
Posted By: GuyM Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/14/17
This does not surprise me. I wonder what triggered the gunfight?

Guy
Originally Posted by GuyM
This does not surprise me. I wonder what triggered the gunfight?

Guy

Nerves... or a lack thereof
Posted By: GregW Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/14/17
Alcohol or drugs too if I was a betting man....
Posted By: mudhen Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/15/17
Originally Posted by GregW
Lot of speculation about that, especially alcohol...
Posted By: mohick Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/17/17
not illegals after all just pi$$heads being themselves shooting each other
Posted By: hanco Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/17/17
I would not want to be shot!!
Originally Posted by GregW

....claiming the two men were attacked by Mexicans trying to steal a recreational vehicle in which Roberts and his wife were sleeping.

Ya'no, sometimes sleeping qtrs can get a little crowded and confusing. No accusations, just knowing how the human animal is sometimes affected by the Y chromosome in the presence of a XX. Add a slug or three of likker and things can get a little, say, vibrant?
Posted By: Dre Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/18/17
I hope they didn't make up the story about Mexicans and what not.
Really curious because if they shot eachother up and made a fake story I'll want my donation back.
indian giver......
Posted By: Dre Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/19/17
Yes sir!
If they made up a story about illegals just to pay your bills because they got drunk and shot each other ..... F that. I felt bad for the working man.
I want a new boat, but my wife wants a new kitchen. guess who will win that one?
maybe I should just start a fund me with a fake sad story.
If you NEED a boat and your wife WANTS a new kitchen you HAVE a sad story. Man, im sorry to hear about that chitt. Too bad your old kitchen wore out.

PS. Women get tired of their kitchens generally just before they get tired of their hubbys.

Many seem to think new guys are impressed with new kitchens.
Posted By: Dre Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/19/17
Guess I better get that kitchen in sooner than later.
If this was a bunch of drunken or drugged dopes shooting each other, it couldn't have happened to more deserving people.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Casey

Aww, come on now Casey, some of those Texans are the nicest folks you'd want to meet. I can't see shooting them all, just on account of a few bad apples.....

grin

Sycamore
Jimy: Thanks for the article.
Sad situation this one.
Somebody's gonna do some "time"!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: RinB Re: Hunters and guides attacked - 01/27/17
Interesting how quickly some folks latch onto fake news
© 24hourcampfire