Home
Posted By: Oldman03 Another pig - 02/18/17
Alan's girlfriend has been after him to take her hog hunting. So today they loaded up the pirogues and headed into the bottom. He said they saw about 12-15 in a bunch. About noon I got this pic.

[Linked Image]

They finally got out of the bottom and we had a pig to clean.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: efw Re: Another pig - 02/18/17
Happy birthday to you that looks like some tasty pork! I love hogs and hog hunting!
Posted By: captdavid Re: Another pig - 02/18/17
Where I hunt, most, would brag about killing a 200 pounder! captdavid
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Another pig - 02/18/17
Yep, and I agree. I think most people over estimate the weight of a hog. I guessed this one at 125-130 and it went 136.

I've seen some wild hogs that I thought would go over 200 a few times.

We raised hogs, when I was growing up, so I have an advantage. It takes a might big hog to get to the 300+ weight. Not saying they are not out there, I know they are. Just not as many as people think.

Kinda like boone & crocket bucks.... they are there, just not many.
Posted By: hanco Re: Another pig - 02/21/17
Until we got a scale we thought we were killing 250 pounders. Turns out they are 200 lbs. The biggest we have weighed in Burnet is a 225 lb sow. She was about to have a litter. When we kill a large one, we throw in a dollar apiece to guess the weight. I haven't won yet.
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: Another pig - 02/21/17
Good looking hog for sure! I always tell people when I take them fishing that they can call a fish any weight they want ……… as long as they don’t ask me for the scales. Most don’t ask again!
Posted By: captdavid Re: Another pig - 02/21/17
Hancock, I know what you mean. I think those scales magically shrink that weight! Ours did it about 75 lbs for those around 250. Seems like they reduced them by around 75:) captdavid
Posted By: captdavid Re: Another pig - 02/21/17
Hancock, I know what you mean. I think those scales magically shrink that weight! Ours did it about 75 lbs for those around 250. Seems like they reduced them by around 75:) captdavid
Posted By: VernAK Re: Another pig - 02/21/17
Do they have webbed feet?
Posted By: hanco Re: Another pig - 02/24/17
Pigs thrive most anywhere
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Another pig - 02/25/17
Heck, guys - some of us could miss the weight of a jackrabbit by 4 pounds!
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Another pig - 02/26/17
That looks to me like a perfect size to eat. Good job.
Posted By: Owl Re: Another pig - 02/27/17
Randy,

Congrats to Alan and his lady friend.

Jeff
Posted By: hanco Re: Another pig - 03/27/17
[Linked Image]

Killed this pig on the 19th. He will go 225. Big Sandy Texa
© 24hourcampfire