Home
Posted By: Benben Wyoming Antelope unit 20 - 02/20/17
Can anyone provide information on this antelope unit? I haven't hunted it before but we're thinking about applying this year. I think the numbers will be down again in South Dakota so we're looking west. Are there generally good numbers in 20?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Mike
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Wyoming Antelope unit 20 - 02/24/17
Check with Ryan (Colorado1135) on here. I know he hunts Wyoming for goats. Not sure which unit but he might know about 20.

Rooster
PM Sent to you .
That unit had lots of antelope last year, saw plenty of nice bucks. But access to public land can be tough. Plus with opening not being until October 15th, expect anything and everything for weather.
Posted By: deputy30 Re: Wyoming Antelope unit 20 - 02/24/17
I have heard the harsh winter is being pretty tough on the antelope and mule deer. Any truth to that?

Thanks
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Wyoming Antelope unit 20 - 02/24/17
I haven't seen any official numbers from WGFD surveys, but I could't Imagine this winter is doing the wildlife pops any favors.

There's thousands of mule deer along the highways around here right now, where most years you'll see just a few scattered herds. I saw 3-4 dead in the fences along a single highway two days ago near Lone Tree, and there's easily 20-25 dead along the highway between Granger and Kemmerrer.

I haven't seen too many dead antelope or elk though...just mule deer.
Posted By: Benben Re: Wyoming Antelope unit 20 - 02/24/17
I appreciate the information. Thanks
Mike
© 24hourcampfire