Home
Posted By: captdavid Black bear hunt - 03/17/17
What is the best deal, both price and success ratio, for a black bear hunt over bate? Color and size are not that important, just a representative trophy. Captdavid
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Black bear hunt - 03/17/17

I would say you're looking at $ 2,500-$ 4,500 depending on the location, accomodations, and trophy quality.

I hunted Alberta last year and it was on the upper end of that range but it was with a very popular, very successful outfitter known for big bears.

I ended up shooting a beautiful color-phase 7'3", 365 lbs. boar with a 20 inch skull with my bow.

A bait hunt for black bears is a fantastic bow hunting opportunity in my opinion.

I researched a bunch of them and that is how I ended up with the range of prices I described.

Hope this helps and hope you find a hunt!
Posted By: moosemike Re: Black bear hunt - 03/17/17
Maine is generally the most affordable. Usually $1,500 will get you a good hunt.
Posted By: atse Re: Black bear hunt - 03/17/17
Idaho offers hunting over baits. You might check with some outfitters there.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Black bear hunt - 03/18/17
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes

I would say you're looking at $ 2,500-$ 4,500 depending on the location, accomodations, and trophy quality.

I hunted Alberta last year and it was on the upper end of that range but it was with a very popular, very successful outfitter known for big bears.

I ended up shooting a beautiful color-phase 7'3", 365 lbs. boar with a 20 inch skull with my bow.

A bait hunt for black bears is a fantastic bow hunting opportunity in my opinion.

I researched a bunch of them and that is how I ended up with the range of prices I described.

Was this a spring or fall hunt?
Posted By: JDK Re: Black bear hunt - 03/19/17
Are you looking for a Spring or Fall hunt, or does it matter?
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Black bear hunt - 03/19/17
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes

Was this a spring or fall hunt?

Spring
© 24hourcampfire