Home
I just lost a life long friend. We hunted his place ( Africa ) and my place ( USA ) for 29 years. I learned a lot from him. We only get so many life long friends and he was the best.

We will hunt again. RIP Friend.

Our last ride, about 2 months ago. Going out to shoot some tweets ( his words )
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

2 old fat boys having some fun.
Great times Mike. Sorry to hear about this. Hope you had a great trip.
Sorry to hear of your loss. I’m sure he’s scouting his new happy hunting grounds now. He’ll have it all figured out when you see him again.
So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Chris
I'm sorry to hear of your buddy passing.

Friends like that are rare and treasured and like you, I'd rather have 4 quarters than a hundred pennies.

Even if you eventually lose them ..
Sorry to hear of the loss of your close friend! May he RIP in a better place! memtb
Sorry to hear this 6mm. May he RIP!
Sorry to hear this, lost quite a few myself
Even though he couldn't hunt anymore (5 Knee replacements due to a car wreck) he still came to help hunt my first buffalo and keep my awesome wife company.
Thank you all for the condolences.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I feel your loss. Hang in there.
Sorry to hear this. You at least got to store some great memories.
29 years is a long time, and that is lot of experience. Big congrats on your long career in the hunting life.
Condolences
Sorry about your loss
Precious memories...condolences!
I can empathize with you 6MM. I had a guy I hunted with from 1988 to 2022. We hunted primarily in Michigan for deer and also once in Montana for mulies and once in Ontario for black bear. He was the lease holder for the land we hunted in Michigan, but despite my offer to split the cost of the lease 50/50, he would insist that only he hold the lease. He was arbitrary in deciding when I could hunt his lease and last year he let me hunt opening day but banished me the second day of the season (11/16/22) when I got his 4 wheeler stuck in a snow drift. He implied that I had got stuck on purpose, which was ridiculous since I drove it in the predawn darkness without headlights and it meant I’d have to walk back to the truck. He ended up calling the next door neighbor, who yanked it out of the drift in about 10 minutes. I apologized profusely but he still insisted I did it on purpose. He created a big scene with his son-in-law who also hunted with us, and like me the son-in-law will never hunt with him going forward.
true friends are few i feel your grief ,may he rest in peace. Pete53
© 24hourcampfire