Home
Posted By: pete53 travel insurance for Africa - 03/28/24
anyone have a name of a reasonable insurance company ? what have you paid in the past ? thanks,Pete53
Posted By: Cross Re: travel insurance for Africa - 03/31/24
Spoke with a representative of Ripcord at DSC in January. She said that emergency evacuation insurance is a couple of hundred bucks per year. This would only be for emergency evacuation (health reasons, revolution or civil unrest while you're in country, etc.)

They also offer complete trip insurance but that is something like 10 - 15% of the cost of your trip. It seemed pretty comprehensive.
Originally Posted by Cross
Spoke with a representative of Ripcord at DSC in January. She said that emergency evacuation insurance is a couple of hundred bucks per year. This would only be for emergency evacuation (health reasons, revolution or civil unrest while you're in country, etc.)

They also offer complete trip insurance but that is something like 10 - 15% of the cost of your trip. It seemed pretty comprehensive.

10-15% of the total for comprehensive insurance including emergency evacuation is what I've see. I use Ripcord on my last trip.
Posted By: pete53 Re: travel insurance for Africa - 04/04/24
thank you i did get my insurance now
My first 5 trips to Namibia I used Global Rescue. When I turned 75 in 2022, Global Rescue declined me coverage. I went with Ripcord and was pleased with the coverage and price.
Originally Posted by BulletBud
My first 5 trips to Namibia I used Global Rescue. When I turned 75 in 2022, Global Rescue declined me coverage. I went with Ripcord and was pleased with the coverage and price.

I used Ripcord at age 80. Glad to have the coverage, glad I didn’t need it. 😉
© 24hourcampfire