Home
Do you think there will be any effect on hunts in 2010 due to the world cup? I'm wondering if airfare will go up or if hunt demand will increase? Maybe soccer fans will try to squeze in a hunt while they are there.

I've got several friends that want to go back with me in 2010, assumining our new Pres. hasn't redistributed our wealth by then.

Bb
I think I'll try to avoid being in South Africa during June and July 2010.

But then I wasn't planning to being there then anyways.
Probably only if you plan to hunt on a soccer pitch or your PH is a footballer.
There will be problem with flights. Maybe the redistribution will enable you to go.
I think fligts will be most affected so book as early as possible otherwise in the bush nothing changes because it's the world cup and most PH's I'm sure are not big soccer fans. Maybe the tracker and skinners but then they mostly support their local teams as international games dont interest them as much.
I'm sure the airlines and big charter/package holiday companies will all be laying on extra flights, but seat availability might still be an issue if you try to book late. As for price increases during that period, I'd say they may well charge an additional premium but oil price will probably be a more deciding factor.

As for hunt availability, I don't think the two things will affect each other much at all. I don't know many hunters who are into soccer. - My guess is that the photo safari industry will probably see a much bigger increase in bookings than the hunting industry. All that said, it can't do any harm to book early if you are considering coming to Africa during that period.
We are planning on going to the World Cup anyway, but I can't see going all that way and not hunting something! I have started looking around for travel packages, but there is not too much info available yet.
Airline costs seldom have much to do with hunting..Costs always go up during the best part of the hunting season anyway..I would say probably not other than it may or may not be a little more trouble to get reservations at the last minute, but book way ahead of time...Besides you can always get better hunts if you book early, that is the nature of hunting.
© 24hourcampfire