Home
Posted By: jetblueman Where is "allenday?" - 02/01/09
I haven't seen any posts by Allen Day since May of '08. Does anyone know if he is still around on this forum, or any forum? He was one of the most knowledgable, experienced and consistently insightful posters I've run across. Just wondered if anyone knows where he's been lately. I know that he used to be very active on the AR forum in the early millenium and here as well for the past 4-5 years.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/01/09
Apparently he got PO'd and is at best on sabbatical. Too bad.

Some folks are still in touch with him.
Posted By: hatari Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/03/09
Try this:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2426067/page/0/fpart/1
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/07/09
Who cares???
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/07/09
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Who cares???

The subject matter of the thread seemed obvious. But I guess it went over your head...jorge
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/07/09
Who cares???

Isn't it obvious that everyone but you, cares...
Posted By: Woodchuck Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/09/09
A response of this nature could only come from a looser.
Posted By: trouthunterdj Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/09/09
I always enjoyed Mr. Day. I appreciated his views and that he never wavered. That is the reason he left AR. I appreciate a man who stands up for his convictions.

ddj
Posted By: mark65x55 Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
Who cares???

If only he had taken his little imp, the Ned Beatty look-alike, with him.
Posted By: g5m Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
"Where is "allenday?"

Missed, that's where.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
He sure is g5M. Like I mentioned before, Allen's gone for personal reasons and that's too bad. But I see the in-breds from Darwin's waiting room are back and that's too bad. jorge
Posted By: Popapi Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
Boy do I miss Allen that guy got me lined out on my first custom build, and that was awesome. I wish him well in whatever he does!
Posted By: RickBin Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
I didn't always agree with Allen, but he gave it to you straight.

I hope he's well.

rb
Posted By: THOMASMAGNUM Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
I think he and I butted heads once when I first became a member. He seemed like a good guy who knows his stuff though. I hope I had no bearing on his leaving.
Posted By: trouthunterdj Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
Does anyone know where he is posting? I would like to invite him back.

ddj
Posted By: hatari Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
Originally Posted by jorgeI
He sure is g5M. Like I mentioned before, Allen's gone for personal reasons and that's too bad. But I see the in-breds from Darwin's waiting room are back and that's too bad. jorge

They give you purpose!

Wow, just read this and what struck me as odd was the fact that out of 60 post one guy posted 7 times just slobbering over how the person in question was missed. Talk about a little MAN-LOVE.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
It was so easy, I knew you'd be back after the "inbred" moniker. Guess I struck a nerve. You should have just used my name instead of being so clumsily "sneaky" about it the first time but I've seen your pictures and I can understand your your lack of intestinal fortitude.
You never post here, yet you saw it fit to do a fly-by insult and actually waste time (behind the safety of the internet of course). Yeah you're a class act mark, especially that man love thing, but I guess I can understand given your tastes. Go back to your banjo. I can see why you're hooked on Beatty. Locomotives sometimes are compelled to take dirt roads...jorge
Yawn, I expected so much more and all I get is the �j train� sometimes likes a little dirt road action. Come on Ned you�re better than that.
Posted By: JBoutfishn Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/11/09
Allen most likely left because of BS not unlike that posted here in response to a simple question.
Posted By: trouthunterdj Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/12/09
Originally Posted by JBoutfishn
Allen most likely left because of BS not unlike that posted here in response to a simple question.

Why do we lose our compassion and grace for each other just because we aren't face to face?

ddj
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
Why do we lose our compassion and grace for each other just because we aren't face to face?

It's the only way social misfits can get a word in edgewise! Any other time they'd be getting their teeth knocked out!

There are few around here that I'd give a weeks salary to run into at The War Eagle Supper Club! grin
(For Hatari's entertainment!)

I guess I've just overlooked the fact that Allen had not been posting. Kutenay is another fella that has disappeared.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/12/09
"dirt road" how absolutely classy. Your fixation is telling, and so are your contributions to this thread. But I guess the responses to your degenerate postings are over your head as was my locomotive-dirt road analogy. I forgot I was dealing with someone who pushes on doors that say "pull". Sorry I detracted from the original intent of the thread. jorge
Posted By: Borealis Bob Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/15/09
I always enjoyed Mr. Day. I appreciated his views and that he never wavered. That is the reason he left AR. I appreciate a man who stands up for his convictions.

ddj

AR posts a banner for each religious holiday in order to show respect for the various beliefs of it's far-flung readership. At one point a couple of years ago it posted a banner for a druid observance (somewhat tongue-in-cheek) and Mr. Day got his underwear in a knot over it.

That is why he left that site...said as much in his parting comment.
Posted By: Landrum Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/16/09
Don't get me wrong, I like AR, but I think a lot of those "in honor of" celebratory postings are a dig at Americans and Conservatives in particular. That's the style of the man who runs AR (and at least one of his moderators). But hey, it's his house so his rules apply.

Landrum
Posted By: hatari Re: Where is "allenday?" - 02/16/09
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch

It's the only way social misfits can get a word in edgewise! Any other time they'd be getting their teeth knocked out!

There are few around here that I'd give a weeks salary to run into at The War Eagle Supper Club! grin
(For Hatari's entertainment!)

I guess I've just overlooked the fact that Allen had not been posting. Kutenay is another fella that has disappeared.

24 HCF meeting at the Supper Club? THAT would be a not to miss get togehter. Maybe just the two of us could handle that. I may still have my membership card from the Dark Ages somewhere. grin
© 24hourcampfire