Home
Posted By: Gary O "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
I see them advertised from time to time. Gentry Custom as an example. Do they work? Are they quieter? What say you?
I have an injured rotator cuff...

Posted By: akjeff Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
I really don't see how it's physically possible? Quieter than other muzzle brakes, perhaps, but it's still going to be loud compared a normal barrel. With todays high tech recoil pads, and super bullets, that allow cartridges that what were once considered "too light" for big game, to be just fine.....I don't see the need for muzzle brakes. JMO.

Jeff
Posted By: maddog Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
Never used one, but most guides/phs, etc., don't like them. Too loud for anybody standing to the side. Not trying to be a smart a**, but if you need a muzzle brake, go to a different caliber that you can handle.

maddog
Posted By: keith Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
Gary, I don't have a Gentry but I do have 7 different kinds, they are all LOUD!

Some may ask, why do you use them. Well, I shoot tiny, tiny groups with those rifles off the bench out to 400 yards. If I take the muzzle breaks off, the tiny, tiny groups to to patterns.

This has been true of cartridges from 300WM, 7 Mag, on down.

I always use a set of electronic ear muffs when hunting, with or without a muzzle break. I can hear 3x better with the electronic ear muffs which adds significantly to the "Outdoor Experience" to say the least.

I would caution anyone from ever shooting a rifle with a BOSS or Muzzle break on it without some kind of ear protection.

Once you get used to using electronic ear muffs, you will feel "Blind" without them if you are hunting in thick wooded areas.
Posted By: MTGunner Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
All are loud! As for PH's not liking them, I would suggest that you discuss this with your PH prior to the hunt. I did and it made his job noticably more comfortable. Also, observe all firearm safety rules to insure a safe and enjoyable adventure.
Posted By: Gary O Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
I have a physical injury to my rotator cup that makes recoil above the .243 level impossible. Plus I am considering a plains game African safari. What I was hoping for is some decent counsel based on experience...
Posted By: maddog Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
Gary, shoulda said so, in the 1st place. What about a bolt action 30-06, of heavier weight and a mecury recoil reducer, put in the stock?

maddog
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
maddog,

pay attention. his first post mentioned the rotator cuff problem.

Jim
Posted By: Steelhead Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
You'll notice he also edited his original post at 12:20pm.

YOU pay attention
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
Touche!

Jim
Posted By: Steven_CO Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
I've had several different types of muzzle brakes. I think the Gentry is a little quieter for the shooter. Anyone along side is still going to get a lot of blast though. Could be I'm getting older and everything is getting quieter though.
I only have a few rifles with brakes and remove the brakes for hunting. However, if I had a physical limitation that required a heavier cartridge I wouldn't hesitate to use a braked rifle to hunt. IME most initial shots at African game are well planned, with positioning of shooting sticks, shooter, trackers and PH involved. Although all this can be done quickly with pre-planning, your PH can position trackers and himself to avoid most/all of the muzzle blast, if they're prepared. If the situation goes downhill in a DG hunt and you need shots at incoming game muzzle blast from a brake is likely to be the least of the problems IMO.

So I'd say discuss with PH in advance and use the brake.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
That sounds like a good plan to me.

The only other thing I would consider is shooting from the other shoulder (assuming it's not a 2 shoulder injury). Since my eye dominance is in opposition to my dominant hand, I've never had a problem shooting port.
Posted By: colorado Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
Either that or stick with your 243 and put a Pachmayer Decelerator recoil pad on it, if you don't have one on already. A well placed shot with a 105g Speer Spitzer at 3000 fps killed elk fine in Montana when I lived there in the 70s.

Chuck
Posted By: jorgeI Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
PH's ears are like everyone else's except possibly more damaged. They hate brakes just like any other person does that has to be next to one when at the range. But they are also in the business of making money and you are the client. They'll have no issue with them, they'll just jam their fingers in the ears a bit deeper and smile.
Originally Posted by Gary O
I have a physical injury to my rotator cup that makes recoil above the .243 level impossible. Plus I am considering a plains game African safari. What I was hoping for is some decent counsel based on experience...

Gary...if I were you, I'd try & get JJ Hack's opinion on the .243 . He can give you answers from the operator side regarding the both muzzle brakes & caliber...hell he might even be able to book you.
Posted By: safariman Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
I will likely see JJ later today, will ask him to look at this post and add input.

I am still in the camp of getting the 243 and loading it up with heavy TTSX's, then shooting very carefully like we all should do anyway.
Originally Posted by safariman
I am still in the camp of getting the 243 and loading it up with heavy TTSX's, then shooting very carefully like we all should do anyway.

I'd think the 85 gr. version would work very well.
Posted By: hatari Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
Answers:

Quiet muzzle brakes
Military Intelligence
Humble naval aviators
Unicorns
Brilliant Crimson Tide fans

Question: Things know not to exist in the real world!

Posted By: jorgeI Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/07/10
Humble? what is that????

PS: Naval Aviator is capitalized please... smile
Posted By: Tonk Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/08/10
Gary O, now did you ever look at that PAST RECOIL PAD!!! It beats the daylight out of any so called "muzzle brakes" period. Like I told you in the PM, they are sold at Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops. They are a MISSOURI made product out of Columbia. Now what more could you ask for besides cake and Ice-cream?
Posted By: Pugs Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/08/10
Originally Posted by hatari
Answers:

Humble naval aviators

Question: Things know not to exist in the real world!

My wife says she was surprised to find that Naval Aviators were capable of love, respect, admiration and envy.

She was not surprised to find that those feelings involved no one but themselves. grin
Posted By: Blair338RUM Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/08/10
Gary,

Put a brake on the gun and don't worry.

Tell your PH you are forced to use one for medical reasons.

Buy some of those baffled ear plugs on a string for the PH to use if he wishes....

If you want to cut recoil even more; install a Danuser Counter Coil in the butt.........heavy but they work (at least in shotguns).
Posted By: hatari Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/09/10
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Humble? what is that????

PS: Naval Aviator is capitalized please... smile

Sorry. Didn't mean to slight Pugs. wink
Posted By: jorgeI Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/09/10
Grrrrr smile
Posted By: Ringman Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/09/10
Gary O,

There is a fellow here in Grants Pass who makes a brake, for another firm, so quiet his daughter no longer needs to use ear plugs when firing a .223 for deer hunting. It has no side holes and is very cleaverly designed. Someohow the sound is projected forward in relation to the firearm at least as much as without the brake.

I use the best kick pads the funsmith can get and the old fashion brakes on my shootin' irons. I hold them lightly like I would a rimfire; including my .375 firing 270 grainers at about 3,000 feet per second. Also I use electronic hearing protection when hunting. Everyone I know, except one guy, uses them while hunting. It's modern like centerfires.
Posted By: Gohip2000 Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 11/09/10
Quiet muzzle brakes...
They are called silencers
Posted By: bbrc Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/09/10
Hi,
I suffer shoulder problems too and now never use a shotgun without an active recoil reducer or a rifle without a moderator.
Check this link below, I chose this for my shotgun but I know they've supplied them for rifles.

http://www.recoilsystems.com/html/ISISlight/isis-light.asp

I'm sure you have similar products over there but that is what I fitted to my shotgun and can recomend them, make for a faster second shot as well.
I would make sure your scope has plenty of eye relief though as the gun will move back more.
Rgds
Posted By: Tonk Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/09/10
Savage has a new stock that takes care of a lot of recoil! You couple that with a PAST RECOIL PAD and your recoil on a .375-Wby is down to what a .270 Winchester would be or less even.

I just took off my muzzle brake that was added for the purpose of working up loads at the bench. It is a .470-Capstick with a little more powder room in the case. Nonetheless it kicked like a MISSOURI MULE when the trigger was pulled on a full house load. The PAST RECOIL PAD makes it feel like a .300 Win mag shooting 180 grain loads.
Posted By: Tonk Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/10/10
Hey Jorge! Now how about Airborn Ranger does it get the same recognition as the Naval Aviator? Gotta Go Up The Hill, Gotta Go Down The Hill, Gotta Go Airborn.
Posted By: Ackman Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/10/10
Originally Posted by Gary O
I see them advertised from time to time. Gentry Custom as an example. Do they work? Are they quieter? What say you?
I have an injured rotator cuff...

There's no such thing as a "quiet" muzzle brake. Anyone who claims his brake is quiet.....have him prove it. Ask him to light one off using his brake and no ear protection. It doesn't have to be anything big, a 22-250AI or 243 would be fine. See if he'll do it. He won't.
I have several Gentry brakes on my rifles,they aren't any less noisy to people around you,but they are for the shooter.They are because the holes are drilled at an 11 degree forward angle,so the blast is pushed forward.I also like them because after I've shot a deer or pig by the feeder,most of the time the other animals just look around,they can't tell where the shot came from.KAMPFELD CUSTOM makes his with a 17 degree forward drilled holes and I have a few of those.I have advanced arthritis in both shoulders and the brakes are a blessing to me.
Posted By: BigUglyMan Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/14/10
All brakes are quiet once you saw them off the end of the barrel and thrown them away.
Posted By: Tonk Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/15/10
I found out years ago, that big bore rifles that have lots of muzzle jump can be tamed by way of Mag Na Port job done on the end of the barrel. One can hardly notice the ports, loud more than normal but it is NOT a muzzle brake, which is louder and dosen't help muzzle lift that much.
Posted By: Ringman Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/16/10
Tonk,

You apparently have not seen all the brakes that are available. I have one than I had to drill some holes angled down in order for it not to go down when I fired it.
Posted By: MarkR Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/16/10
I have a Montana .325WSM with a brake from Robert W. Hart, hunting buddy of mine shot it and told me it kicked about like his .223, I try and wear ear protection but have on several occasions had to shoot and it is loud but the blast of gasses past my left ear is great.
Posted By: Tonk Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/16/10
Ringman did I say I have seen ALL the muzzle brakes available! NO I DID NOT..........Thank You!

Sorry but I don't quite understand what your trying to tell me. How about rewording your post so I can make sence of it and what you did actually do ok.
Posted By: Ringman Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/17/10
but it is NOT a muzzle brake, which is louder and dosen't help muzzle lift that much.

Ringman did I say I have seen ALL the muzzle brakes available! NO I DID NOT..........Thank You!

Sorry but I don't quite understand what your trying to tell me. How about rewording your post so I can make sence of it and what you did actually do ok.

Sorry to cause you an apparent upset. The wording in the upper post implys muzzle brakes are louder (I agree sorta) and don't help with muzzle lift.

The muzzle brake I had installed was so effective at muzzle control it actually pushed the rifle down upon firing. The old brake was good but this one is way better at reducing recoil. It is a new one on my .375-.416 Rem. I was firing 270 grainers at 2,970 feet per second without the slightest discomfort; except for having to raise the rifle after firing.

I don't come here to make or have trouble. One of my motives, in fact, is to learn. Also I come here for fun conversation as though we were sitting around a campfire. Unfortunately we can't read or hear the inflection in one's posting like we can hear that in one's voice sitting next to us.

I have been listening to a lecture called "The Ultimate Proof". It makes me more away of individual words and the modifiers or lack of modifiers of those words. Very fun lectrue.
Posted By: BCBrian Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/17/10
You can eject ultra-high speed gases away from you (and your ears) - or you can eject them sideways to you - and your ears.

Only those taken in by advertisements paid for by muzzle brake manufacturers will believe that their ears won't be able to tell the difference.

There is always a huge difference - no matter what the ads say.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/25/10
Silencers are legal in South Africa. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to visualize a silencer and a muzzle brake on the same rifle, maybe. If such a thing exists, you would have to borrow one in South Africa as they are illegal or non-existent in the US.
Posted By: colodog Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/25/10
I'm always late to the party, sorry.
You might want to look at Knoxx rifle stocks.
It's a Hogue overmolded stock with a roller/spring mechanism in the butt.
The stock is full size and collapses abt.1 1/2" during recoil.
Sounds a little hokie, I know but it takes a lot of the bite out of my 300RUM.
Search Blackhawk stocks for video at their site.
I got mine from Midway.Good Luck on the search.
No muzzle brakes for me, Thanks!

Posted By: Ringman Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/25/10
colodog,

Can you see your bullet's impact?
Posted By: colodog Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/25/10
Ringman ,no I still can't see the bullets impact.
The recoil is still a little too vigorous but it's considerably easier to focus on placing the shot without my subconscious whispering in my ear about the recoil to come.
Posted By: 1minute Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/25/10
If you need one, get one. Just remember to warn bystanders. If your guide isn't shooting and has index fingers, he should be fine. I have one on a 30-378 Accumark. It makes 120 grains of powder fairly pleasant to light off.
Posted By: Ringman Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/25/10
colodog,

Just curious. It sounds like a really cool idea. I hate recoil.
Posted By: atomchaser Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/26/10
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Silencers are legal in South Africa. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to visualize a silencer and a muzzle brake on the same rifle, maybe. If such a thing exists, you would have to borrow one in South Africa as they are illegal or non-existent in the US.

Silencers are defintely not illegal in the US. In fact they are becoming more and more popular for hunting and general shooting in the US. Obtaining one is a little more complicated than a normal firearm but not that much. Advanced Armament Corp (as well as others) manufactures brakes that allow quick attachment of their suppessors. With the suppessor in place, it definitely calms down the recoil and muzzle blast. You would probably want a barrel that was less than 18 inches since the suppessor adds a good bit of length. The trick may be transiting in and out of the country a suppessor. I think you can file a form with the BATF that allows it, but I'm not positive.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/29/10
The OP is in Oklahoma. Are silencers legal there?
Posted By: atomchaser Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 12/30/10
Silencers are legal to own in OK, but not for hunting (yet). http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76337
Posted By: HAMMERem2 Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 02/11/11
I run a Knoxx Comp stock on my Win 70 in 416 Rem mag. combined with a Vais muzzle break. This setup tames much of the recoil using technology at both ends.

The only down side to the Knoxx stock is you need lots of eye relief on your scope.
I use ear protection when working up loads and practicing, but the relatively few shots fired at game, without ear protection while on safari has never bothered me at all.

I hunted for 22 days split between Namibia and Zimbabwe, and fired 27 shots of which 25 hit meat. This number included both Elephant and Cape Buffalo as well as other plains game. My setup worked very well for me!

In the end, you gotta do whats best and right for you, so you can perform on game. Let the opinions fall where they may.

Posted By: dawaba Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 02/12/11
Originally Posted by Tonk
I found out years ago, that big bore rifles that have lots of muzzle jump can be tamed by way of Mag Na Port job done on the end of the barrel. One can hardly notice the ports, loud more than normal but it is NOT a muzzle brake, which is louder and dosen't help muzzle lift that much.

+1 on MagnaPort. I have the system on 3 rifles. It is great for recoil reduction and the muzzle blast is less violent, especially for prone shooting. And best of all.....you don't have a #$@&*^! ugly brake hanging off the end of your gun!
Posted By: DB Bill Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 02/12/11
I used to suffer shooting the larger bore rifles until I read an article in Precision Shooting about a gunsmith named George Vais describing the muzzle brake he developed that did a good job reducing recoil and didn't add much noise but for me the most important part was the excess blast of gas out the sides wasn't there either. George has gone back to Europe and the Vais brake is being made and installed by a 'smith in San Antonio.

I put one on a Lazzeroni Hellcat (.375-cal) that weighed 8 1/4 pounds ready to go and my load was a 300gr Nosler Partition at 2550 fps which is faster than almost all the .375 H&H factory loads and while I won't try to kid it was a pussy-cat to shoot I spent several days shooting more than 50 shots from a bench while working up that load with no adverse effects. When I had it installed I also had them make a "collar" for the threads if I decided to shoot it without the brake.

I took it to Africa for a buffal0, leopard and plainsgame hunt and I told the PH if he could tell the difference with the brake off I'd leave it off. The trackers, etc got a kick out of his inabilitity to consistently be able to tell if the brake was off or on. I also let him shoot it with the brake off ahd on and he said "Put it on you'll shoot better" so I did --- and I did.

I'll also say that with the brake on it was quieter than a 300 WinMag without a brake. It was also much quieter than any of the Weatherby Magnums. It was also quieter than a friend's .338 Magnum that weighed a pound more --- I won $10 when my friend agree it was quieter and another $10 when he discovered it kicked a lot less too.

How does it work? The noise and blast in the face from most muzzle brakes comes about from the very high speed the gas achieves coming out the little holes drilled in the barrel (or sometimes the holes are bigger but the velocity of the gas is still very high) -- the Vais brake is different because in addition to the holes drilled perpendicular to the bore, holes are drilled parallel to the bore -- and these holes intercept the other holes causing the gas to slow down -- (1) the gas is inside the brake a bit longer and (2) the gas is slowed down reducing the blast.

Image the holes drilled perpendicular were a fire hose blasting out water a high speed in a defite direction --- now image a 2nd firehose aimed so it hit's the water from the first hose at 90 degrees --- takes most of the force out of both water (gas) streams, slows them down and spreads them out. The exhaust is a fluid and it behaves exactly like water would.

It's the only brake I'd consider using -- they work. The Vais brake is a perfect example of the old saying "You learn something everyday -- if you want to or not".
Posted By: rifle Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 02/12/11
Put together an 8lbs 6.5x55 and go kill all the Plains game you want....
Posted By: DB Bill Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 02/13/11
They don't call the .375 H&H the African Queen because it sounds "snappy" but rather because, in the right hands with the right bullets, it will do it all.

The day I shot my kudu we were tracking buffalo (I was carrying my .375) when one of the trackers noticed a very nice kudu standing behind a screen of fairly thick small trees and bushes at about 100 yards -- I had a small hole to shoot thru the bull fell to the shot. Cound a 6.5x55 have killed the kudu -- sure but no one carries a 6.5x55 when tracking buff as we were.

I also shot my 43"+ sable while tracking buff and I had a difficult 200 yard shot with the sable facing away looking back over his rump. 1st shot which hit him in the short ribs and came out his chest knocked him down but he was up and running before I worked the bolt. Second shot hit him just below his tail and also exited is front while knocking him down. He got up, trying to run but the best he could do was stagger. By the time I got up to him he on swaying on his feet, game to the end when I broke his neck with my 3rd shot. I wouldn't have tried any of those shots, including the 1st one with a 6.5x55. Side note --- another 100 yards or so and he would have been off our concession and I'd have been out a very expensive trophy fee.

I've no quarrel with your choice of a 8lb 6.5x55 but it does seem a little heavy for it's power --- and I have no doubt a good shot who cherry picked his chances could do very well with it as long as he stayed within it's capabilities. I would, however, not care to spend a lot of $$$ going to Africa and have to turn down a chance at a large Sable or large Kudu if I had a tough angle and had to shoot thru a lot of meat to get to the vitals or if the animal had to be dropped quickly.

I'd rather be a bit over-gunner instead of under-gunner -- but that's your choice and I'd hate to pay $3K for a couple of drops of Sable blood in the dust and not have a Sable to show for it.
Posted By: MVC593 Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 02/13/11
I have the same Knoxx compstock set up on one magnum gun and I second the effectiveness over the Vais brake alone. I have several guns with just the Vais brake for different reasons and there is no appreciable increase noise for the non-confined shooter or someone standing behind the rifle as difficult as it may seem. In addition, I will wear electronic muffs whenever reasonably possible for the primary purpose of hearing game especially when on stand or still hunting. This is vais website: http://www.muzzlebrakes.com/
Posted By: rifle Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 02/14/11
I understand "your choice of your .375",however the OP has a condition that he needs as light as recoil as possible...
Most of my plains game was killed with a .30/06.I was not hunting anything else.
You have good points,however,it makes more sense to answer the OP's questions,than debate it............rifle
Posted By: DB Bill Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 02/14/11
He mentioned .243 recoil -- not the best rifle for Africa and I assumed from the rotator cuff he wouldn't be up to a heavy rifle. The Vais brake will do an outstanding job on something like a 308, 30/06 or 300 wsm -- don't know if it will get down to .243 levels so maybe the answer is stick with the small plainsgame. It would still be Africa but a very expensive trip for just the smaller animals.
Posted By: Palmetto Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 02/21/11
How long ago was your rotator cuff repaired? Any damage to labrum or anything like that?
Or has it been worked on at all? If it's been 6 months or more I'd put a pad on the shoulder and a good recoil pad on a heavier rifle and give it a try. Mine has healed fine. Been a little less than a year.
Posted By: Dhagaboy Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 03/15/11
The muzzle brakes work for the shooter...no one else around you! But the PH will very quickly cover his ears when he knows you're a bout to fire...! Don't sweat it...fit one and be done! I don't see there's one quieter than the other...they all push the muzzles gases back toward the shooter which is what reduces the recoil!
Posted By: varmintsinc Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 03/19/11
Gary what type of tear do you have? If you have alrealy suffered a complete tear with muscle retraction it will have to be surgically repaired anyways, a cortisone shot could easily get you through a hunt (been there done that for the last 6 games of a college season).

Also with regard to the tear, depending on what your trying to accomplish there might be different brakes that are better choices. If its a tear in the supraspinatius you want to reduce muzzle rise, a tear in the infraspinatus or subscapularis and you will want to reduce the rearward thrust. Also is physical therapy an option to bring greater strength to the joint? I tear in one area can be overcome and the joint stabilized by strengthening other portions.

Good luck on your hunt and prep work leading up to it.
Posted By: Beargrease Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 03/23/11
I have two braked rifles. Remington 700 7STW with factory brake. This is a KDF style brake. Louder than hell but really reduces recoil to .308 Win levels. Tikka T3 Light Stainless 338 Win Mag with Holland Quick Discharge brake. Not much louder than stock and also reduces recoil to about .308 Win levels. Since the Holland brake is closed at the bottom the rifle recoils straight back with zero muzzle rise. I see that Holland is now offering a new radial muzzle brake that is supposed to reduce recoil even more. Here's a link to Holland's.

Holland's Guns
Posted By: ConradCA Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 03/24/11
I try and wear ear protection but have on several occasions had to shoot and it is loud but the blast of gasses past my left ear is great.
What was that? I didn't hear you. Got to turn on my hearing aid.
Posted By: Tonk Re: "Quiet" muzzle brakes? - 03/25/11
Well I still say that the cheapest way to fix your muzzle noise, is to purchase the $38 dollar PAST RECOIL PAD. You can sew it into a hunting vest and no one knows it is there. I have such a vest with 2 of those pads (one in each shoulder) sewn into the vest. A cheap fix that works great! Also does NOT screw up the looks of a great rifle. I don't need a friggin tin can on the end of my barrel!!!
© 24hourcampfire