Home
Posted By: JvR Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/26/12
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/26/12
Those is uuugggly!!!
Posted By: safariman Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/26/12
Yep.... and livestock, I am guessing.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/26/12
I saw some of those in NW Arkansas one time and people thought I was crazy when I told them. I had to take a few people and show them. Last time I was there the sheep was not. miles
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/26/12
I think they are called Jscobs sheep?
Posted By: jpb Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/26/12
Ingwe prefers that breed of sheep over the ordinary common variety because the extra horns provide a variety of handholds... you know he is from Montana, right? wink

[Linked Image]

John
Posted By: GRF Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/27/12
The 4 horned sheep is very strange, I have seen them is Texas. My daughter (high school science teacher) told me that these are a very ancient species of sheep. GRF
Just imagine what the reaction would be if a fellow stumbled up on one of these after he had took in a big snootful of white lightening.

Probably think the Devil himself had him. grin
Posted By: tbear Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/27/12
I have one mounted in my trophy room taken free roaming. A (17 Sq. miles)private island that I hunted for over 25 years had a small herd. They would drift into the trees at night & bed down. Just before daylight they moved into a large field & bedded down with the males looking in every direction. I hunted them for a number of days without success. Finally, I moved into the field well before daylight. As they moved into the field I selected the largest ram & shot about 425 yards with a 7MM Gibbs chambered in a switchbarrel Rem. 700. One shot- one kill. The ram was old & the meat was tough & tasted rank, but then I don't like sheep. Interesting animal & the ones I hunted were challenging to hunt.
Posted By: JvR Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/27/12
These are as wild as hel and very challenging to hunt.
Posted By: blaser_guy Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/28/12
It is an old breed. The females have to hide the newborn to keep the males from killing them. The males kill the newborns so the ewe will breed again.
Posted By: JvR Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/28/12
It is an old breed. The females have to hide the newborn to keep the males from killing them. The males kill the newborns so the ewe will breed again.

Nope !! sheep...??

They mate in March/April(our fall) and lamb in Sep/Aug(spring)
Posted By: JvR Re: Damara 4-horned sheep - 01/28/12
[Linked Image]
Sheep killer !
© 24hourcampfire