Home
Posted By: SilentT Hunt Botswana - 06/15/12
Hello gang,

I'm a long time lurker and have finally decided to become a site sponsor and offer some exceptional hunts. This first one is really something:

The offer is for plains game in Botswana. Hunting can be done by either bow or rifle. Kanana is 100,000 Acres of privately owned game farm situated in pristine Kalahari Bushveld roughly 250km SW of Maun, Botswana. The property holds an over abundance of game. The land has been largely Eco-tourism for the last several years and it is now going back to hunting.

All accommodation is full board in Motswiri Lodge - the luxury tented safari camp situated in the heart of Kanana Wilderness.

The packages are:

PACKAGE 1

9 nights of Accommodation � so 8 full hunting days

1 Eland
1 Kudu
1 Blue Wildebeest
1 Red Hartebeest
1 Gemsbok (Oryx)
1 Zebra
1 Impala
1 Warthog

$ 6495

Or

PACKAGE 2

5 nights of Accommodation � so 4 full hunting days

1 Kudu
1 Zebra
1 Gemsbok (Oryx)
1 Blue Wildebeest

$3695

Observers at $200 per day - However, we are trying to facilitate an opportunity for hunters and decision makers of the future to come and experience an African Safari so if you have a son/daughter or grandson/granddaughter (under the age of 18) that you would like to bring over with you, there will be no charge for them at all for the Safari and I will add in a non-trophy Gemsbok (Oryx) and Warthog for them to hunt at no charge.

INCLUDED IN PACKAGE PRICE:
Services of a licensed Professional Hunter/s
Tracker, skinners and driver
Accommodation, meals, drinks and alcohol for duration of the safari
Transport to/from the airport in Maun
Hunting vehicle(s)
Hunting permits where required
Rifle import permits
Preparation of trophies and delivery of trophies to local taxidermist
Daily laundry
Botswana Tourism Levy
12% VAT

EXCLUDED IN PACKAGE PRICE:
Flights to and from Maun Airport, Botswana, including airport taxes
Taxidermist, packing and shipping fees of trophies
Any gratuities (obviously at clients discretion)
Accommodation expenses before & after the trophy hunting period
Sightseeing excursions/trips other than on Kanana Wilderness
Any Insurance and medical expenses of any kind
Any additional trophies at our published trophy price

Please review my website under the BOTSWANA section for some recent trail camera pictures and more information.

www.huntingforadventure.com

Tom Addleman
(816) 213-6646

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/15/12
Wow!! If this is for real (and I have no reason to think it's not) those are great deals. What about the rumblings of hunting being shut down it Botswana? I'm leaving for a hunt in Zim in two weeks so this year would be out for me. Can these be booked for the '13 season and beyond? Also, can additional days be added?

Mike
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/15/12
So far as I know regarding a shut down, it only applies to the Okavango Region.
Posted By: Heeler Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/15/12
Dang you Tom!!! You know I just booked for RSA in 2013 just recently. Laffin'

That's a dang good deal!!!

I'll be talking to you in the future though.
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/15/12
That there is a helluva good deal in a cool part of Africa.

Nice hunt offer for sure!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/15/12
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes

^^

What he said!
Posted By: SilentT Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/15/12
You bet guys. These hunts can be booked in 2012 or 2013. The dates are starting to fill but there are still a lot of good dates left. Not trying to be salesman or pushy...but if you are serious don't wait around on this one.
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/20/12
I can't Hardly stand it!
In fact, as of today...

I'm All In!

I've been looking hard, and after a couple of add ons, this is my dream hunt for a first time plains game Safari. I'm like a kid waitin' for Christmas now!

Thanks Tom,
Jeff

Posted By: ingwe Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/20/12
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes

A BIG +1

Screaming deal on Package #1.....
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/21/12
Man would I love to do that #1 deal next year. Dumb question, but how hard is it getting to wherever you get to in Botswana?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/21/12
JGR...I cant answer for sure but last time I went that way, Maun Botswana was a simple connecting flight out of Jo'burg ( a Hub)
I am guessing it wouldnt cost alot more than getting into Windhoek, Namibia...consult Steve at Gracy travel, San Antonio for a recent quote...others in the biz can provide as well...
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/21/12
The package price listed includes the trophy fees on the game animals listed?

If so, some additional questions for clarification:

If any of the game animals listed in the package are not taken, is there a refund given on the trophy fee?

Substitution of game animals allowed? In other words, if say for example an individual has no interest in Red Hartebeest or any other animal on the package list, would a credit of the trophy fee for that animal be given to apply towards a different species or a second trophy animal??
Posted By: Motorist Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/21/12
Wow, it's like DREAMLAND offer...price is more than good and if 8 animals can be take for 8 days is should be ZOO...LOL
Alas 5 of listed animals is already taken and zebra is not on my list...otherwise it is tempring offer...
Posted By: SilentT Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/21/12
The package price listed includes the trophy fees on the game animals listed? YES

If so, some additional questions for clarification:

If any of the game animals listed in the package are not taken, is there a refund given on the trophy fee? No refund but the animals would be carried over to another hunt if you rebooked for another safari.

Substitution of game animals allowed? In other words, if say for example an individual has no interest in Red Hartebeest or any other animal on the package list, would a credit of the trophy fee for that animal be given to apply towards a different species or a second trophy animal?? Unfortunately no, there might be a little room to swap out for one animal of the same price but this package is so good that there will not be much changing of the package. If you want different animals I would suggest paying a daily rate and then hunting off of the trophy fee list.
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/22/12
Tom,

Very nice offer. Good luck to the guys who book, it should be fun!

Originally Posted by luv2safari
So far as I know regarding a shut down, it only applies to the Okavango Region.

As I understand it, after this year hunting in Botswana will basically end with a few exceptions. There will still be some elephant hunting in government areas. The other exception is private areas such as the one in Tom's offer.
Posted By: SilentT Re: Hunt Botswana - 06/28/12
Mike,

That's exactly right.

Forum members,

There are still a few spots available but this has really filled up quickly. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: SilentT Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/06/12
A few dates available in June and then September on for next year.
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/20/12
My girl & I will see Kanana in 2 weeks...
I can hardly wait!
Posted By: Rcutchen Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/22/12
I'm on the books for 6/21/13!
Driving my wife crazy because it's all I talk about.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/22/12
Originally Posted by Rcutchen
I'm on the books for 6/21/13!
Driving my wife crazy because it's all I talk about.

wait till you get back...she'll kill you....
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/22/12
My son and I are set for RSA/Limpopo for May '13 and my wife won't even let us talk about it anymore around her!
Have to admit I am worried. There have been early negotiations on wall space.
Let's just say that this is gonna cost me a lot more than an Africa trip!
Posted By: PieterKriel Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/22/12
[/quote]wait till you get back...she'll kill you.... [/quote]

I know a good taxidermist who can do a full mount pose. smile
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/22/12
Yes, but in what pose, Peter??????
She'll just put my head on the wall..........right over her new living room ensemble.

But seriously, I have communicated with several individuals who have hunted Kanana and everyone says it's great. Can't wait.
Posted By: ghost Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/22/12
When I booked a flight from here (near DC) to Windhoek, Windhoek was the end stop, with Joburg only being a hub stop,and was the same price as flying to Joburg. Had an indian friend (India indian), who for years, flew into Dulles, then stayed a few days and flew on to LA.. finally got him to understand, book it from Dehli to SF or LA, with a stop over in DC, and will be essentially the same price as just flying to DC,, he's done that the last couple of times now.. you need to look into the pricing. A PH friend in RSA was having folks fly into Port Elizabeth, because it was cheaper for HIM to fly out of there, in country, or some such thing. I told him, I'd check into it, as he is 2 hours closer to East London, than PE.. did and same price from here to either of them. Call the airline direct, or go on line and do "a ticket", to see.. no use spending more than necessary.
Originally Posted by fgold767
Yes, but in what pose, Peter??????

If it was for the bank manager then "on the knees" would be a comfortable one. However, for the the diverse audience and for their viewing pleasure, well now, ....if the trophy was extremely old I may be tempted to suggest a casual homo-erectus mount as opposed to a homo-habilis mount or the boringly common homo-sapiens mount.
Originally Posted by Rcutchen
She'll just put my head on the wall..........right over her new living room ensemble.

But seriously, I have communicated with several individuals who have hunted Kanana and everyone says it's great. Can't wait.

Have a great hunt and enjoy it a whole lot.
Posted By: medicman Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/22/12
Take her with, she will talk with you about it. Mine still does.
Posted By: ghost Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/22/12
Yeah, best way to overcome any negative thoughts on her part, about the trip, is to take her along. Let her have the experience, and then she'll like it, and you'll have someone besides the son, to share the memories with.
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/25/12
I just recieved a big batch of trail cam pics from Jason @ Kanana and I gotta tell ya that place is insane with game!

I only have about a week before I'll be there & I'm droolin'.
Posted By: SilentT Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/25/12
Yes, I will be posting a few of the pictures here in a bit.

Jeff, you are in for a great safari!!
Posted By: Rcutchen Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/25/12
Jeff,
As I mentioned on the prior page, I'll be there in June of next year. Please post a hunt report when you get back. We'd all love to hear about your trip.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/trailcampics/Cdy02122.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/trailcampics/Cdy01963.jpg[/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/trailcampics/Cdy00862.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/trailcampics/Cdy00812.jpg[/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/trailcampics/Cdy00139.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/trailcampics/Cdy00129.jpg[/img]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/25/12
NICE!! laugh
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/25/12
That Eland is a tank!
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/25/12
Their Gemsbok are freakin' awesome!

I don't know if I can shoot just one....

I have a nice long list of critters to bag though.
Posted By: Heeler Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/26/12
Holy crap!!!! LOTs of nice animals there. And even 3 leopard in one pic.

I gotta say though, that kudu cow with her face in the camera is pretty funny.
Posted By: PieterKriel Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/26/12
Some awesome trophies in there. The gemsbok cow is amazing. Wonder why the next picture of the jackal was not showing a flat jackal? smile
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/26/12
I dunno but I plan to flatten a couple of 'em while there. A friend wants a Jackal rug. I may want one myself...

Has anybody here done a Jackal rug? If so, what's your opinion?

I do intend to have a full size, one piece rug made from a big bull Giraffe if I'm lucky enough to get one.
Posted By: PieterKriel Re: Hunt Botswana - 07/26/12
Fantastic rug mounts they make! It leads from the main bedroom, down the passage past the kids room, past the visitors room into the games room and stops shy of the connecting door to the neighbors... Get two giraffe and a number of jackal. Happy hunting.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SilentT Re: Hunt Botswana - 08/01/12
The list of current available dates for 2013:

April 9th � 30th

May 5th � 10th

June 2nd � 9th

August 10th � 18th

September 7th � 30th

October 1st � 31st

First come, first serve. Deposit locks in your dates.
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: Hunt Botswana - 08/02/12
My last 12 hour shift is over, my bags are packed to leave the ship, and my plans are complete. I fly from offshore Angola to Luanda tomorrow, then to Windhoek, Namibia Friday morning where I'll be met by Angie who is already enroute from home. After some kickin' around there including dinner @ Joe's Beer House and a good nights rest at the Roof of Africa hotel, Jason & me and our ladies will drive into Botswana to begin my great Safari adventure at Kanana.

It's finally here...

& I'm so ready.
Posted By: 257wby Re: Hunt Botswana - 12/03/12
Has anyone gone on this hunt and returned? I'd be interested in a few reports. It looks like there are still some dates open in 2013. The way I understand it, this particular safari operator will still be able to operate in 2014?
Posted By: SilentT Re: Hunt Botswana - 12/03/12
Yes, we have actually had a number of forum members go and return. I will let them post at their leisure if they wish to. All hunts have been a great success with lots of happy hunters and some pretty outstanding trophies. Some of the hunt reports have been posted on other sites and I will not link to them but they are out there.

Yes, the grumblings in Botswana only apply to Public lands. As this is a private property, the proposed changes do not affect them.

I was about to re post this topic and might do so to clean it up again. The outfitter has agreed to renew the offer for 2013 at the same prices for 2012.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Tom Addleman
Posted By: SilentT Re: Hunt Botswana - 12/04/12
We will be at the following shows if anyone wants to swing by and say hi:

Dallas Safari Club are 1524 & 1525 with Sporting International 3 � 6 January 2013

Houston Safari Club are 613 & 615 with Sporting International 10 � 13 January 2013

SCI show are 2030/2032 with The African Safari Company 23 � 26 January
Posted By: hntr1 Re: Hunt Botswana - 12/09/12
I just got back(Nov6-15) and it was better than advertised. You will not be disappointed.
Posted By: SilentT Re: Hunt Botswana - 12/10/12
Thanks Jeff. Glad you had a great time!
© 24hourcampfire