Home
Posted By: 458Win Daughter wants to hunt Africa - 11/09/12
My daughter Tia wants to hunt Africa and has entered the Prois women's hunting wear contest and the winner gets a free trip to Namibia. She has made the top 12 and the contest now depends on popularity votes. You can look at the site proishunting.com/proisaward/
To read about the contestants. Naturally Tia would prefer you vote for her but there are plenty of other good contestants so take a look and vote to send some lucky woman to Africa.
Hi Phil, registered my vote for Tia.
Many neat stories of these hunters.

I checked out the websites of Grizzlyskins after reading her write-up. Looks like an awesome place to hunt and live.

I don't suppose King Salmon, AK needs a pharmacist/Baptist preacher to re-locate there?

good luck on the contest.
blessings,
Jerry
Done. Good luck to Tia. When is the winner announced?
She got my vote because I feel she deserves it. Hope she wins.
Just voted for her, hope she gets the trip......or it will be down to Dad to pay for it!
All the best of luck.
Paul.
Posted By: GRF Re: Daughter wants to hunt Africa - 11/09/12
Vote done, I hope you and your family are well Mr. Shoemaker

GRF
grinI just voted for Tia with great pleasure!!! Phil, likely you have already given some man's lovely daughter HER dream of hunting Alaska!! Tia's turn but for Africa grin
Done. Good luck to Tia.
A little diesturbed that women like Joella Bates and Brenda Valentine, more or less profeesional on camera hunters are up for this trip. It should be for people who haven't been to Africa IMO.

I voted for Tia.
Tia has my vote.
My vote went to Tia.

Best of luck to you, young lady.

donsm70
remarkable young gal you have there Phil, she got my vote...

Phil,

It was my total and absolute pleasure to vote for Tia.

Finest personal regards,

Steve Timm

She's a great kid, I'll cast a vote.
I voted for her.

ddj
I voted for Tia. She has a great writeup and I liked her comment about nothing beating the enthusiasm of new hunters. I hope she lands a trip to Africa! smile

Eric
Phil, My vote for Tia is in. --- Mel
Hi Phil,

Didn't see this earlier as we spent the day cutting up an elk, something you helped a lot with here a few years ago!

I just voted for Tia. She is obviously the bes.t candidate! Give her my best--and best to all the Hairy Shoes...
Phil,
I want to vote for Tia, but since I'm severely internet challenged, I have not figured out how to vote for her.

If you could please pass on the web site for voting, I'll be like a Chicago Democrat and vote for her and vote often.

Steve
www.proishunting.com
Posted By: mjc Re: Daughter wants to hunt Africa - 11/10/12
My vote for Tia is in

I voted for Tia.

Unfortunately, the system they set up did not allow me to vote more than once.

Dang!

And John, thanks for the address.

Steve
Tia has a vote from me. Good luck to her!

Steve
Posted By: rogn Re: Daughter wants to hunt Africa - 11/10/12
Went to the site but couldn't find a link to the contest, glad to vote , but I guess I need some help.
Done, good luck. I hope you be going with.
Tia just got my vote. Bear
Done... Thanks for letting me know where to vote
Dont know Tia but i spoke a little with Taj.
pretty sure your kids are good as i felt.

so my vote is done.

all the best and good luck for her.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Daughter wants to hunt Africa - 11/12/12
Just voted for Tia.

Jim
Originally Posted by rogn
Went to the site but couldn't find a link to the contest, glad to vote , but I guess I need some help.

http://www.proishunting.com/proisaward/

Look on the right side of the screen, she is in the bottom right corner of the 12 ladies.
Posted By: m77 Re: Daughter wants to hunt Africa - 11/12/12
Voted for Tia.

Pieter
Yep.....
Another vote for Tia!
^
My vote is in. Good luck!

http://www.proishunting.com/proisaward/
I'm in too. Good Luck Tia !
I am in and wish her well. I wish I could take my daughters with me. If I make it one more time I will.

Best of luck to her.
Phil, another vote for Tia!
Done. I hope Tia wins!

Cheers! grin
-Bob F.
Thanks everyone. It is too bad this thing has turned into a popularity contest to determain who has the most friends with computers. That makes it a bit difficult for a young women who spends most of her time in a cabin in the wilds of Alaska. Might just as well have a bikini contest to settle it.

Hopefully all the support from hunters like yourselves will carry some weight.

What's life for if not in part to help out friends and aquaintances. Another here for Tia.
I voted for her too.

I saw that she attended the U of Idaho, and she's right that the bird hunting near there is world class. I miss my days at Moscow.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

What's life for if not in part to help out friends and aquaintances. Another here for Tia.

Yep!!! The 24 Hour Campfire "family" sticks together and supports each other. It's just that dang simple. Period.

Cheers!
-Bob F.
me too!
I just voted for Tia
Done, Phil!
One more for Tia
I'm a friend and I have a computer...one more vote for Tia.
Talked with her this AM and she appreciates it.
When is the winner announced?
Another vote.Good luck.
I voted for Tia GOOD LUCK!!

SAFE HUNTING
I hope she wins.
Done deal. It will be interesting, for sure...

Dennis
Done deal, good luck to Ms. Tia.
And another. Your son can't be the only one getting to spend time in Africa!
The decision is in two weeks and I will be sure to let everyone know. She has been busy trying to reach everyone she can.
Well, I never been a democrat in my life Phil, but I did vote for your girl at home and on my work computer also so I got to feel the power of democrat type thinking for atleast a good cause for once. Hope she wins. Magnum Man
Vote for Tia is in!
Voted for Tia.

Why is Brenda Valentine in a contest to win a hunt?
Voted for Tia!
Just voted for Tia, good luck
The winner was announced this morning and although Tia won the popular vote -- thanks to all of you -- she lost to Ruth Cussak when it went to the judges. Tia said at least it went to another Alaskan.

Guess I'll be looking for a good African PH at SCI this year who wants to trade hunts.

Thanks again to all of you
With pleasure.
Phil.

I hope Tia doesn't feel like she "lost". The judges just chose another contestant.

She is a winner.

Congratulations. donsm70
That Tia is a class act. Hope you find her a great hunt in Africa.
That sucks why have a vote if the judges are gonna pick who they want???
That's a bummer. The popular vote should have controlled. I hope she gets her Africa hunt, one way or the other.

Eric
If the judges are going to pick whomever they want, why do they even allow us to vote?
© 24hourcampfire