Home
Hows this for a trail cam picture
[Linked Image]
thats different
Very cool. Never heard of one before.

Eric
JJ

Where was that (helluva unusual) pic taken?
It was in Thabazimbi

I have seen only 2 other King Leopard in my life, one was mounted in a museum in London. I really thought they totally screwed up the mount putting a King Cheetah skin on a Leopard mannikin as some kind of 1800's mistake.

However there were no mannikins in the 1800's and the skin when looked at close was clearly a leopard, not a cheetah. The King Cheetah is really about the best looking cat hide ranking right up there with the Snow leopard. However the King leopard is simply beautiful.

Funny, in my whole life I have seen three, one live one, and one mounted in a museum. Then this picture, but still only a photo. It's not cryptozoology but pretty darn close.
If you saw one live, would you shoot it or let it go?
BANG...
Originally Posted by jorgeI
BANG...

yep....

just a color mutation....no different than an albino or black deer....
Hopefully he'll wander over the the Bubye Conservancy in Zim around the middle of August of 2015.... smile
can i be put in your suitcase?
Are you a 36F?...didn't think so, so sorry, no grin
Ive seen pics of King Cheetahs..didnt even know there was such a thing as a king leopard...pretty cool cool
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Are you a 36F?...didn't think so, so sorry, no grin

chit and my wife is only a B so i dont even have proper bribing material cry
smile
JJ BTW i applaud you, you actually brought up something i didnt know existed and i actually have a few cryptozoology texts that are the real deal in that they talk about critters like the king cheetah, that ox that was discovered in Vietnam 10 years ago and those types of cryptozoology critters and not focus on things like bigfoot....
I have seen the cheetah before, but never the leopard version. Would certainly love to have one like that show up on bait with a leopard permit in my pocket.

Has anyone shot a king leopard or cheetah? I've only ever seen pictures of live ones.
Amazing pic there!
King Cheetahs are definitely real and definitely rare. If I recall correctly something like only 50 are known to exist. Don't hold me to it but here is a link to the Hoedspruit Endangered Species Center where I saw one.

HESC
© 24hourcampfire