Home
Posted By: BMD Return from Omujeve Safari Pics - 06/26/14
Kacee and I hunted with Omujeve safaris last week. She was shooting her 7mm/08 loaded with Barnes 140 gr Tsx. I was shooting .300 wing Mag load with Barnes 168gr TTSX. We hunted hard and out PH was awesome especially with Kacee as most of the animals were taken from 150-200 yds off shooting sticks. The weather was 40-69 degrees it was incredible hunt and already trying to figure out how to return. [Linked Image] she took the blue on stalk with ph and well placed shot from the 7/08 she had her first African trophy, we went back for lunch at the lodge which was first class. Later in the afternoon she took a great Kudu
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] the next day we hunted hard and passed on several animals until this gemsbok was spotted and Kacee made a great stalk and shot on this 42" gemsbok.
Looking forward to the rest BMD. Great start!
After passing a sable the third day she wanted a giraffe and I had told her no sable if you shoot giraffe so we headed to north ranch where she took a giraffe to start the morning.
[Linked Image] she dropped him one shot with 7mm/08 and then two immediate to chest to be certain. He was dead when hit ground from well placed neck shot below head.
[Linked Image]
She added a great waterbuck and I added an impala and wart hog to close out this day at this ranch.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The next day she put great stalk on a black wildebeest.
[Linked Image]

The 7/08 continued to work flawlessly.
I added a jackal and baboon to finish out our first trip to Africa which after being there I have to get back someday
WOW! You guys got some excellent trophy quality! Many Congrats!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ingwe
WOW! You guys got some excellent trophy quality! Many Congrats!

Thanks, went to dr today and was sent to hospital for Doppler as I took a bad fall while hunting and bruised leg. The dr said I should have never gotten on the plane to come home, well I did and after I sonogram(Doppler) exam to dr's disbelief no signs of clots was given a script for the swelling.
Just wonderful trophies with the wife stealing the show! Congrats all around and you are lucky that the leg didn't give you a real emergency.
Daughter smile
Originally Posted by BMD
Daughter smile

Geez, better yet! Good for you dad!
Thanks smile
What a great trip. Your daughter looks ecstatic in all the pics.. She was on cloud nine. Very cool! Congrats!! smile

Eric
We had a great hunt
Originally Posted by EricM
What a great trip. Your daughter looks ecstatic in all the pics.. She was on cloud nine. Very cool! Congrats!! smile

Eric

Thanks
Looks like a great trip. Congrats.
Thanks. Now to find a way to return it is better than anyone can describe.
Congratulations! The experience of hunting in Africa with your daughter makes even more priceless! Again congratulations!
Thanks. It was a dream of hers since she was very young. I feel blessed to have been there with her on her first safari, Africa is an awesome place!
Congrats to both of you. Fabulous pics of some great trophies!

maddog
Thanks mad dog it was an adventure.
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. What bullet was she using in her 7-08?

Thanks GRF
Scott: good on you for spending the money on a full bag. As you have already figured out, if theres an animal you want to hunt, it costs a lot more to come back for it than it does to just hunt it while you are there.

Buttt�theres lots of animals to come back for�... wink
Great pics and nice trophies! Just got back myself. First trip, and hard to imagine I won't go back.
Originally Posted by GRF
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. What bullet was she using in her 7-08?

Thanks GRF

140gr TSX
Originally Posted by ingwe
Scott: good on you for spending the money on a full bag. As you have already figured out, if theres an animal you want to hunt, it costs a lot more to come back for it than it does to just hunt it while you are there.

Buttt�theres lots of animals to come back for�... wink

There are plenty to return for and can't wait to return. There is no place like Africa and it is better than anyone could have described. It is now in my blood!
Scott

Big Big congrats to the both of you on a superb stack of animals and memories that you will take to the grave.

As far as going back? I sure am !!

I'm fighting jet-lag here at 4am now but dreaming of going back in 48 to 60 short months

I totally understand and thanks it is truly amazing over there.
Originally Posted by tedthorn

I'm fighting jet-lag here at 4am now but dreaming of going back in 48 to 60 short months

It wont be that long, you'll figure out a way�... wink
Great job, Dad! A hunt to be proud of for sure.
Dad and daughter in Namibia....what awesome memories are made of. Fantastic stuff BMD. A huge congrats to both of you.
Great pics and congrats to the both of you on sharing the experience with us!
Thanks it was everything everyone made it out to be and more. Thanks y'all
This is one of the best threads ever posted in the African forum! Tip of the hat to you for getting her there and to her for the great shooting!

Mike
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
This is one of the best threads ever posted in the African forum! Tip of the hat to you for getting her there and to her for the great shooting!

Mike

Thanks it was a dream of hers and I was blessed to be able to make it come true.
Hella cool hunt and some very nice trophies! Congrats to the both of you.
Thank you
BMD;
Thanks so much for sharing your hunts with us yet again Scott and especially this one.

Please send Kacee hearty congratulations on all of her trophies - the gemsbok and kudu look like grand ones to me. cool

As many others have said, you've built memories and more important bonds that will last you both for the remainder of your days here Scott. Well done indeed sir and so good to see on several levels.

Thanks again and all the best to you all this Fourth of July.

Dwayne
Congratulations on an awesome hunt!
Thanks.
Originally Posted by BC30cal
BMD;
Thanks so much for sharing your hunts with us yet again Scott and especially this one.

Please send Kacee hearty congratulations on all of her trophies - the gemsbok and kudu look like grand ones to me. cool

As many others have said, you've built memories and more important bonds that will last you both for the remainder of your days here Scott. Well done indeed sir and so good to see on several levels.

Thanks again and all the best to you all this Fourth of July.

Dwayne

Hope y'all have a great fourth as well.
Great photos!!!
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Great photos!!!

Thank you
Congratulations on great safari, done right! cool

You took some excellent animals and got a taste of what some of us have been touting for years. Africa is All That.

To those who keep saying "maybe", "someday", "I wish", JUST do it, and do it soon. Things are changing rapidly in Africa. Next year might be too late.

Again, it looked like a great hunt, and I sure thank you for sharing it with me.
Congratulations!!!
WOW...that's a huge IMPALA!!!
Thanks and he is right if you guys are on the fence. Get off the fence and make it happen!
Fantastic Father / Daughter hunt. Congratulations on fine trophies and thanks for sharing.
Always grateful to see folks share their adventures and pictures, but mostly the personal stories that accompany them. Headed over myself the 3rd of Aug so just can't digest enough!

Congrats to all!
Thanks and get ready for the hunt of your life if haven't been there before.
[Linked Image]

Better pic of gemsbok
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Some better pics

Some of my best hunts have been those that I shared with my son.
What I like most of your photos is the expression on your daughter's face, that says it all.

Thank you for sharing, and congratulations!
Thanks nothing like hunting with your kid and seeing them succeed.
Fantastic Scott!

Just incredible.
Thanks Jeff. Kacee and I will never forget this trip memories after I am long gone. We left on Father's Day what more could a guy want.
© 24hourcampfire