Home
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/08/14
Last one, sorry for the overload of pics guys!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[img:center]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/FishN4Eyes/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2394_zpsf6484a74.jpg[/img]
[img:center]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/FishN4Eyes/IMG_0973_zpsd53a1279.jpg[/img]
Posted By: PARA45 Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/08/14
I don't think anyone is complaining! Congratulations on a fantastic safari, and beautiful family!
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/08/14
Congrats!

I need to get my daughters hunting over there. Maybe when they are done college.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/08/14
Chris�you guys got some really excellent trophies. Good to see the whole clan involved!
Posted By: test1328 Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/08/14
Beautiful pictures, fantastic trophies all around, and a great family to share it all with! Congratulations and thanks for sharing. It's fantastic that you could share it with your Dad, wife, and daughters. Must have been a fabulous hunt.
Posted By: EricM Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/08/14
Congrats!! What a cool trip to experience with the family!

Eric
Posted By: agazain Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/08/14
You'll never tire of that kudu!
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/09/14
An excellent family trip. Just a great way to spend time together. Could you please
give us a rundown of cartridges, rifles and bullets?
Posted By: hatari Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/09/14
Ok, we're talking again. My envy has subsided. What a GREAT report!
Posted By: maddog Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/10/14
Absolutely beautiful pics. Congrats to all of you!

maddog
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/10/14
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
An excellent family trip. Just a great way to spend time together. Could you please

Thanks for all the nice comments, 'Fire guys!

I shot my buffalo with a .416 Remington Winchester Model 70 shooting 400 grain Federal Swift A-Frames. One shot DRT.

My Dad shot his buffalo with a .375 H&H Winchester Model 70 shooting 300 grain Federal Swift A-Frames. One shot DRT.

My daughter (the 16 YO one) shot the 60" kudu with the .375 and I also shot the eland with it and my Dad shot his waterbuck with it as well.

All the other animals (2 zebra, 2 wildebeest, 2 impala, and one waterbuck) were shot with a Remington Model 700 30-06 CDL shooting 180 grain Federal Trophy Bonded Tips. The TBT are a helluva good bullet in my opinion and I recovered two that looked great. Personally I love them.

Any other questions, just let me know and thanks again, it was a fantastic trip with the girls and my Dad.

Can't wait to get back!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/10/14
DRTs on the buffalo are GREAT!

Buffalo are really best enjoyed when they don't show you why they're classified as dangerous game grin
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/10/14
Originally Posted by ingwe
DRTs on the buffalo are GREAT!

Buffalo are really best enjoyed when they don't show you why they're classified as dangerous game grin

I agree totally!!!!!!

The one I shot took one big jump forward and fell over dead. (I guess not a TOTAL DRT)

My Dad's did about the same.

Neither one hurt my feelings.

I like to shoot my rifle but one shot kills on buff are A-OK with this guy! grin
Posted By: LateBloomer Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/12/14
Very happy for you all my friend...doing it with the family is a PRECIOUS and most memorable event...You are blessed brother!!!
Congratulations!!!

Thierry does it again!!! grin
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/14/14
Originally Posted by LateBloomer
Very happy for you all my friend...doing it with the family is a PRECIOUS and most memorable event...You are blessed brother!!!
Congratulations!!!

Thierry does it again!!! grin

Hi Roland,

Thierry is a machine.

We've got a few other adventures planned so stay tuned! grin

Hope your are having a good summer!

Chris
Posted By: AMRA Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/20/14
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Thanks for all the nice comments, 'Fire guys!

I shot my buffalo with a .416 Remington Winchester Model 70 shooting 400 grain Federal Swift A-Frames. One shot DRT.

My Dad shot his buffalo with a .375 H&H Winchester Model 70 shooting 300 grain Federal Swift A-Frames. One shot DRT.

My daughter (the 16 YO one) shot the 60" kudu with the .375 and I also shot the eland with it and my Dad shot his waterbuck with it as well.

All the other animals (2 zebra, 2 wildebeest, 2 impala, and one waterbuck) were shot with a Remington Model 700 30-06 CDL shooting 180 grain Federal Trophy Bonded Tips. The TBT are a helluva good bullet in my opinion and I recovered two that looked great. Personally I love them.

Any other questions, just let me know and thanks again, it was a fantastic trip with the girls and my Dad.

Can't wait to get back!

Awesome report and pics!
You are a VERY blessed man.
What is the speed of the 30-06 TBT Load?
Posted By: Ngwenyama Re: Zimbabwe in Pics - III - 07/26/14
Vic Falls brings back some lovely memories. Kudos to you on a adventure and lasting memories!
© 24hourcampfire