Home
Tendrams, on the AR site, came up with a brilliant idea.

---------------

Anyone going to Namibia any time soon? Given the recent Ricky Gervais Giraffe controversy, wouldn't it be fun to set up a one-off bidding system (all money to Namibian conservation of course), whereby Gervais and others could possibly "pay" for a hunter to NOT shoot a giraffe? Of course, we hunters would need to step up and bid against the greenies to allow the execution. Wink

Think the greens would pony up if we said, "outbid the hunters and I won't shoot this giraffe?"
Nary a one would.
I guarantee that. I've often challenged my "anti" and "hugger" friends to donate as much as I do either directly, indirectly through licenses, by the Pittman-Robertson Act, etc...no takers. But they'll sure talk about how awful I am for killing an "innocent" pig/deer/turkey/name-it.

Sheesh.
Little do they know what happens to Bambi and his ilk if we nasty old hunters are put out of business.
That's what happens when you live in Disneyland.
Innocent or not, cartoon animals talking and walking around like people give youngsters a sense that "they be like us"...

And, as those youngsters grow up and don't learn better, they're out "hugging trees" and "protecting" banbi and her little friends.

When in effect, they're dooming animal populations to chaos, predation and often starvation with devastating results.

In that scenario, man can't be a manager, can only be a predator.

DF
No doubt about it. And if you read the rhetoric being posted on some sites about Ian Gibson, man....
Originally Posted by RevMike
No doubt about it. And if you read the rhetoric being posted on some sites about Ian Gibson, man....

I can just imagine.

Poor guy, doing his job. Can't but feel for his family and friends.

And, now we have to contend with the haters, throwing rocks and making inappropriate comments.

DF
Inappropriate doesn't even begin to describe it. Complete and total vilification is a more apt description. Haters and antis forget that this is a human being they're talking about. There's something about the anonymity of the internet that that seems to give people license. Perhaps it's because they'd probably lose a few teeth every once in a while if they spewed their comments face to face. 'Tis a shame how we human beings treat one another, huh?
Sounds like the makings of a good sermon.

There was a piece in the Rotarian Magazine some time back about that very issue, internet behavior. I'll try to find a link and post.

Man's inhumanity to man is as old as civilization. The Judao-Christian ethic sorta smoothes it a bit, at least on the surface. But fleshly, animal behavior is never that far under the surface and seemingly, it doesn't take much for ugly to erupt.

DF
http://therotarianmagazine.com/technology-comments-unbecoming/

Here's the link.

Interesting. Let me know what you think.

DF
Excellent article!
It does bring out some interesting points and pretty well nails what we see all too often here on the Fire.

DF
And you still can't convince "antis" who are sitting at home in a nice easy chair that this is really a good idea.

http://gothunts.com/see-what-happens-to-an-elephant-after-elephant-hunting/
© 24hourcampfire