Home
Posted By: Chuckbuster ??Air Fare?? - 06/02/15
About what does Airfare run to Johannesburg or Windhoek? Departure would be either Detroit or Chicago. Just dreaming right now, airline/travel sites are such a pain to search.
Thanx
Kevin
Posted By: 16gauge Re: ??Air Fare?? - 06/02/15
cost the wife and I about $2K (each) to fly from Detroit to Atlanta,and then to Johannesberg last summer. (Round trip).
Posted By: ftbt Re: ??Air Fare?? - 06/02/15
Google is your friend ... especially their air fare finder:

https://www.google.com/flights/
Posted By: Chuckbuster Re: ??Air Fare?? - 06/02/15
Thanx
Posted By: tedthorn Re: ??Air Fare?? - 06/02/15
My wife and I flew to East London South Africa in June 2014 coach comfort bulkhead

St Louis to Atlanta
Atlanta to Johannesburg
Johannesburg to East London

$2850 each round trip.....6 flights
Posted By: Paladin Re: ??Air Fare?? - 06/13/15
Originally Posted by ftbt
Google is your friend ...

So is Steve Turner.

Posted By: Buzzie Re: ??Air Fare?? - 06/14/15
SFO-JFK-Joburg was $1650 RT. Just got back from SA and tickets were purchased July last year. Visit Lori Gynn at Travel Express
Posted By: Chuckbuster Re: ??Air Fare?? - 06/18/15
Thanx all

"The Bucket" just got deeper...
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/16/15
Buy as early as possible. That does help. It's also easy to have to pay $3000 RT L/V to Atlanta to Joberg
Posted By: tedthorn Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/17/15
Actually the best deals are closer to your departure date

Posted By: Heeler Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/17/15
Time frame of trip also plays a factor. June and July are 'prime time' for RSA. First trip was first week of September and $1,650 R/T. Second trip was first week of July and about $500 more.

KCI-ATL-Joberg
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/17/15
Originally Posted by tedthorn

I paid pretty high waiting till the last 6 weeks and even then I got one of the last seats. If someone had waited they wouldn't have made that flight. But I just been once.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/17/15
I prefer to book as early as possible because I like the Delta EC seats on the bulkhead. I think the time of year has more to do with cost anything else, as Heeler mentioned.
Posted By: Johann Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/18/15
I fly to SA almost every year for between $850-$1200 round trip ether direct or through europe. Just look around and you'll find good deals. Best of luck.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/18/15
Delta Coach Comfort no matter who you book through. Steve, Debbie they all know their stuff.

Mike
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/18/15
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Not to start a pi$$ing contest, but I don't agree at all. I have booked my best rates in December or January before DSC and SCI. Not saying you can't grab a deal at the last minute, but I'm done with the center seat, cattle car section.

Mike
Posted By: Chuckbuster Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/19/15
Appreciate all the input, really just in the wishing/dreaming stage right now.
Kevin
Posted By: northcountry Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/19/15
Originally Posted by Chuckbuster
Appreciate all the input, really just in the wishing/dreaming stage right now.
Kevin

Kevin
Just remember you are not getting any younger each day gets harder and harder, better make it happen soooon. Good Luck . Cheers NC
Posted By: MoTurkeyHunter Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/22/15
I booked on Delta about 6-7 weeks in advance and paid $2300. FWIW.
Posted By: Johann Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/22/15
Looking at some of these prices I am glad my friend works for Delta and I fly on his buddy list. Saves me money so I can hunt more animals!
Posted By: 257wby Re: ??Air Fare?? - 07/26/15
Flying non rev is great when you get on. Not so great when you're 10 on the list and 8 seats are available. It's a crap shoot. First class or center back seats, or a night in the terminal. We used to non rev a bunch before 9/11. Not so much any more.
© 24hourcampfire