Home
Posted By: ingwe GOLDEN.... - 08/01/15
For decades this has been called a Golden Jackal in Africa.

Now it has been renamed to a Golden Wolf and is considered a 'new' species...

I believe here we just call them coyotes.

The resemblance is striking.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4ager Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/01/15
A DNA test between then and 'yotes would be interesting.
Posted By: ingwe Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/01/15
No kidding. so would a behavioral analysis. Coyotes are a breed unto themselves when it comes to how they are raised and socialized...

I don't know how jackals do it.
Posted By: Biebs Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/01/15
Now all the SCI guys will have to scramble back to Africa to check the new species off their lists :-)
Posted By: rattler Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/01/15
Originally Posted by ingwe
For decades this has been called a Golden Jackal in Africa.

Now it has been renamed to a Golden Wolf and is considered a 'new' species...

I believe here we just call them coyotes.

The resemblance is striking.

[Linked Image]

yeah was reading where they got seperated from the European golden jackle earlier this week.....figured they were the same cause they largely looked the same though there are some physical and behaviorl differences.....course they look alike along with looking like coyotes as they all share a similar type of habitat and though it looks simple its pretty damn good camo for sneaking up on critters in grasslands....
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/01/15
Originally Posted by Biebs
Now all the SCI guys will have to scramble back to Africa to check the new species off their lists :-)
Nope,killed a schitload of "Golden Jackals/Wolves" here in New Mexico.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/02/15
Just wait......being it is now a "wolf" it will fall on some state protection list
Posted By: ingwe Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/02/15
Thats what I was thinking, and you'll be able to buy little plush replicas in the Jo'burg airport...
Posted By: tedthorn Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/02/15
Funny but true
Posted By: EdM Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/02/15
Just hung a rug of one here in Idaho. I am looking at it as I type. My wife took it when we all went over in 2011. Her weapon was a Land Cruiser. grin
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/03/15
Originally Posted by EdM
Just hung a rug of one here in Idaho. I am looking at it as I type. My wife took it when we all went over in 2011. Her weapon was a Land Cruiser. grin

Too much "gun". grin
Posted By: Valsdad Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/31/15
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Originally Posted by EdM

Too much "gun". grin

Yeah, I bet it WAY over penetrated. wink

Geno
Posted By: KMGHuntingSafaris Re: GOLDEN.... - 08/31/15
Originally Posted by EdM

Land Cruiser in Idaho?
Posted By: hatari Re: GOLDEN.... - 09/01/15
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Originally Posted by EdM

Land Cruiser in Idaho?

Grocery getter.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: GOLDEN.... - 09/01/15
be funny if someone compared the DNA to the North American coyote, and discovered a direct match smirk
Posted By: EdM Re: GOLDEN.... - 09/02/15
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Originally Posted by EdM

Land Cruiser in Idaho?

Clue in to "when we went over"... That said, yes, many old Land Cruiser here in north Idaho including a far bit of FJ-45's.
© 24hourcampfire