Home
Posted By: Mike70560 Zimbabwe Lion - 04/06/16
I posted this over on AR a couple of days ago. This is a great lion taken in an area where there were few lions 10 years ago.

When I first hunted with Martin in 2009 I remember him telling me was paying the council the trophy for lions but not hunting them to help buildup the population. A couple of years later he started hunting them. When the first one was killed it was decried as the "Last Lion on the Omay" by Bumi Hills and Lion Aid. Since then several lion were taken on the Omay with quality steadily improving.

Feast your eyes upon this specimen. It was taken a couple of days ago in Omay North by a client hunting with Martin. They were on the 3rd or 4th day of a 21 day safari when the lion was taken. They are on leopard now.

Congratulations to the hunter and also to Martin for his conservation efforts.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/06/16
That is one HELL of a lion!
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/06/16
WOW!
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/06/16
Martin who?

Also, if an American shot it, it cannot be brought back to the USA. Was the client an American and, if so, what will he do with it?
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/06/16
Martin Pieters, he operates Omay North and South and is also a licensed PH in Zim, and is actually a very good PH.

I am not sure what the client plans to do with it. Communication is limited, they are only on about day 7 on a 21 day hunt.

Yes the client is American. Like many others the hunt was booked prior to the ban. Some people chose to hunt and support conservation efforts, other chose not to hunt.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/06/16
Beautiful Lion. Too bad we can't get the story of ,how the PH had grown the population of Lions in his area, out to the general population..
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/06/16
That's a beauty!

Posted By: BH63 Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/07/16
Nice pus!

I think lion hunting is pretty much doomed for US citizens. Methinks elephant hunting is not too far behind.

BH63
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/07/16
Americans can still hunt lion,just cannot Import the trophy.
Posted By: test1328 Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/07/16
Eye God, that is a fine specimen of a lion. If I had the wherewithal, I would hunt a lion and an elephant just to do it, trophies be dam*ed.
Posted By: Therack Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/07/16
What is the AR website you posted on?
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: Zimbabwe Lion - 04/07/16
accuratereloading.com

© 24hourcampfire