Home
Posted By: gunner500 Gemsbok video clip. - 05/03/16
Hello Gents, here's a short video clip of my Gemsbok hunt last Oct if you care to google and watch.

"Gemsbok Hunting South Africa October 2015"

John and the guys are first class and will get you set up to hunt Africa. smile

Posted By: JGRaider Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/03/16
gunner, I enjoyed the heck out of that, so thanks for the link! They are one badass animal for sure. You had freaking oryx running everywhere! Heckuva shot too through all the trash. Congrats.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/03/16
Thanks JG, I think about those hunts several times daily, about six oryx busted out of the thickets after the shot, they are scary fast and I understand deadly accurate with those horns.

If your volume is up high enough on your speakers you can hear that 400 gr Woodleigh slap that Oryx then me say....yeah.......I saw her get knocked flat in the thickets. grin
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/03/16
Those Gemsbok are some awesome looking animals. Nice shooting Gunner.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by gunner500
Thanks JG, I think about those hunts several times daily,

Welcome to the rest of your life....I probably told you, cause Ive told others, but Africa is like your first real love.....not a day will pass for the rest of your life that you don't think of her....
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by ingwe

Welcome to the rest of your life....I probably told you, cause Ive told others, but Africa is like your first real love.....not a day will pass for the rest of your life that you don't think of her....

You ain't lyin' Poobah.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/04/16
Very cool, Jerry!

Would you like that video posted here?

Ed
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/04/16
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Those Gemsbok are some awesome looking animals. Nice shooting Gunner.

Many Thanks Charles, you ever get over there, you'll get bit too, HARD!grin
Originally Posted by ingwe

laugh, Again, "The Anointed One" has spoken the truth.
Thanks Ed, and please do, your ole 458 Mag, would be right at home there.
Here's the direct link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdKX06WTOhc
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/05/16
Hey Thanks John, that trip was such a blast. smile
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/06/16

Nice vid and nice gemsbok.

They are such a cool animal.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/06/16
Thanks Fish, that's a helluva nice Sable in your avatar too. smile
Posted By: Biebs Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/09/16
Great job, Jerry. You'll be booking your next one shortly, I'll bet. The fever of my first African hunt has continued on thru to my 16th safari this July, in Zambia this time.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/09/16
Thanks Biebs, you're right, it's TERMINAL! grin

16 trips, damn I have a lot of catching up to do. ;}
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/10/16
Thanks Ed, and please do, your ole 458 Mag, would be right at home there.

I happen to have a custom .375 Whelen Imp in my gun safe as back-up to that .458WM....

Ed
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/10/16
Gunner,

Well done!

I wasn't all that interested in gemsbok on my first safari--until I saw one. Didn't get a shot at a good bull on that trip, which meant of course I had to go back. On my second safari went where there were lots of 'em, and took a good bull, but didn't get one shoulder-mounted until finding an exceptional bull a few years later--and for years it was my only African shoulder mount. Partly that was due to my crowding African shoulder-mounts into the available space--but gemsbok are the most AFRICAN-looking plains game.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/10/16
Well done Gunner.

Do you have any more? It never gets old watching the vids.

donsm70
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/11/16
Thanks for the direct links Ed, and yes, a 375 Whelen AI would be a cool old wildcat to take over, when I started talking a 400 Whelen build, a buddy called it a "mildcat," I think he was wrong. smile

MD, glad you were able to get a big bull Gemsbok, there is spectacular work involved, especially after several trips over to get the one you wanted, I really wanted one, as well as a nice Impala for reasons not quite clear to me, I am most happy with all the animals I was fortunate enough to tag.

Hey Donsm70,

My Outfitter may be able to make us a small synopsis video of all the kill shots, I'll have to ask very nicely and see what happens, glad you're enjoying them. smile
Posted By: GuyM Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/17/16
I too am enjoying your videos! Short & sweet.

Congrats on the Gemsbok! Top of my list, should I ever make it to Africa.

Guy
Posted By: EdM Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/17/16
Very nice. Last week I moved my 2018 Zim buff/sable hunt to 2017...
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/17/16
Gunner,

I passed over this thread I don't know how many times. Just not big on clicking links. But, I'm glad I finally gave in to the temptation.

Great clip, really enjoyed it!

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: prm Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/18/16
Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed hunting Gemsbok. Seeing all those 'black sticks' when looking at the horizon is a great memory.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: postoak Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/20/16
I wasn't interested in shooting gemsbok on my first two trips as the photos I had seen didn't impress me. (Perhaps I was confusing them with the scimitar-horned oryx.)

Once I got on the ground this trip, I was immediately impressed with their size (they look larger IRL than in this video) and coloration. I wound up taking two last week.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/24/16
Thanks Guy, you gotta go man, it's a perfectly legal mindblow. laugh

EdM, good for you friend, what ya taking for firepower?

AKBob5, you're welcome, it was really my pleasure, you ought to give it a whirl, hell, what do we work for anyway?, time to play a bit! smile

prm, damn nice Gemsbok you have there, I've heard them referred to as clows because of their face colors, being close to a busting out herd is anything but clownish, I'd wager heavily those sombucks could be all business if they wished.

Postoak, congrats on the double, I knew I wanted a Gemsbok and a nice Impala before I left home, don't really know why, just seemed right.
Posted By: EdM Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/25/16

EdM, good for you friend, what ya taking for firepower?

AKBob5, you're welcome, it was really my pleasure, you ought to give it a whirl, hell, what do we work for anyway?, time to play a bit! smile

prm, damn nice Gemsbok you have there, I've heard them referred to as clows because of their face colors, being close to a busting out herd is anything but clownish, I'd wager heavily those sombucks could be all business if they wished.

Postoak, congrats on the double, I knew I wanted a Gemsbok and a nice Impala before I left home, don't really know why, just seemed right.

My New Haven M70 416 Rem w/ 350 gr TSX's.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/25/16
Perfect rig, perfect caliber, perfect bullet for the task.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/25/16
Damn right Ed, and concur fully Jorge, that's a badass buzzsaw!
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/28/16

Gunner, oh I have. <grin>. But I really enjoyed your videos!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/29/16
Hell of a deal, I couldn't tell from your posts if you'd ever shot one, that's a dandy, must be in the 40" neighborhood, Congrats of a fine Gemsbok AkBob. smile
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/29/16
Thanks Gunner. I've only made one trip, but man, the bug bites ya hard!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gemsbok video clip. - 05/29/16
Damn right it bites hard, I've had to undergo a severe medicative therapy program to try to keep myself from blasting away 50K a year for the rest of my days on this newly found affliction! grin
© 24hourcampfire