Home
Posted By: CharlesL Bags are packed - 06/25/16
The bags are packed and travel clothes laid out just in time with only 5 days and 22 hours to spare. crazy
Posted By: dale06 Re: Bags are packed - 06/25/16
God luck!
I have been three times and recall the anticipation.
Post your results when you return.
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 06/27/16
Thanks. I will definitely post the results for better or worse.

After months of increasing distance on my walking and working my way up to averaging 8 miles per day with a few days over 11 miles I started having problems again with swelling in my right knee. Fortunately the orthopedic surgeon had a cancellation and I got an appointment this afternoon. He drained the fluid and gave me a cortisone shot that should give me a few weeks. Getting old sucks, but it is better than the alternative.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Bags are packed - 06/27/16
Dude, you are waaaaay overprepared! wink

Myself, being the cool dude that I am, I didn't pack my bags until TWO days before my travel day. Course, I had my rifle uber-cleaned and ammo loaded and packed 2 weeks before, even though I had to re-clean my rifle two more times after going to the range again. And again. And again.
grin

You're gonna have a blast. I'm really looking forward to the reports.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Bags are packed - 06/27/16
Originally Posted by CharlesL
Thanks. I will definitely post the results for better or worse.

After months of increasing distance on my walking and working my way up to averaging 8 miles per day with a few days over 11 miles I started having problems again with swelling in my right knee. Fortunately the orthopedic surgeon had a cancellation and I got an appointment this afternoon. He drained the fluid and gave me a cortisone shot that should give me a few weeks. Getting old sucks, but it is better than the alternative.

Good for you Charles. I hope you have the time of your life. I'm like you in that I need things in order, all the way down to getting my own synvisc/cortisone shots about two weeks prior to leaving August 11.

Doc's a tough ol' bastid....nothing phases that guy. smile
Posted By: hatari Re: Bags are packed - 06/28/16
Has anyone mentioned you turbo suck?? smile

I'm so envious! You will have the time of your life. BTW, your life will be ruined, thinking eveyday only of Africa and how to get back. You will join the cult of the damned!
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 06/28/16
Must be nice to be independently wealth and not have to work everyday. smile I work on my lists during breaks at work. Pack done the last two days that i have before departure.

I hope to have epic tales to tell. If not I guess I will to make it up. wink
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 06/28/16
Thanks hatari. This is suppose to be my last "trip of a lifetime". Each of the previously ended by the Princess and I discussing the trip on the plane ride home. It could not end until I get my bucklist aninimal ... Cape Buffalo. She is not going with so we won't have our normal conversation, but I will be doing some deep thought on whats next and working if I won lottery.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Bags are packed - 06/28/16
Originally Posted by hatari
Has anyone mentioned you turbo suck?? smile

I'm so envious! You will have the time of your life. BTW, your life will be ruined, thinking eveyday only of Africa and how to get back. You will join the cult of the damned!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ALL THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Enjoy!
Posted By: Owl Re: Bags are packed - 06/28/16
Best wishes. Take LOTS of pictures. Might be worth taking an extra SD card or two for your camera. Keep a daily journal so you don't forget the tiny and most important details.

Jeff
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 07/01/16
Sitting in the AA lounge in Dallas. Plane is here and boarding in 50 minutes.
Posted By: BMD Re: Bags are packed - 07/04/16
Good luck I am under three weeks before heading across the pond myself.
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 07/13/16
Hard to believe the trip is coming to an end and I am on my way home.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Bags are packed - 07/14/16
WE NEED PICS!!!!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Bags are packed - 07/14/16
Originally Posted by ingwe
WE NEED PICS!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 07/14/16
Pics and story to follow. I have get home and upload photos to a photo site in order to share.
Posted By: BMD Re: Bags are packed - 07/14/16
Pics. As if I need more to fuel the fire countdown to 9 days
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 07/15/16
Hunting report later, but here is a taste.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tmc0304 Re: Bags are packed - 07/15/16
Just got back, good luck [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: tmc0304 Re: Bags are packed - 07/15/16
[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: BMD Re: Bags are packed - 07/16/16
Great pics! Congrats on a great hunt!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Bags are packed - 07/16/16
CharlesL: Nice hard headed buffalo!

tmc: those are both exceptional trophies!

You guys keep the pics and stories coming...I gotta live vicariously through you!
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 07/16/16
When moving photos and videos from my portable hard drive (an absolute must) to my computer I discovered a long video. It turns out that Pieter had set his video camera up and it recording for the whole photo session. That was very cool to watch. I think it will be better than the photos when I want to relive the moment.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Bags are packed - 07/17/16
Originally Posted by CharlesL
Hunting report later, but here is a taste.

[Linked Image]

Very nice OLD bull! Way to go! I want to read the full story, so get to work, bud!
Posted By: BMD Re: Bags are packed - 07/17/16
Packing today one week wheels up!
Posted By: tmc0304 Re: Bags are packed - 07/17/16
Genet Cat. I was lucky. Sometimes better to be lucky than good. [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: BMD Re: Bags are packed - 07/17/16
Nice
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 07/19/16
Working on it. For some reason when you are gone for two weeks everyone (at work and home) expects you to spend your time working on their stuff when you get back. smile
Posted By: BMD Re: Bags are packed - 07/24/16
We are in plane about to go wheels up you ladies and gentlemen hold down the fort
Posted By: CharlesL Re: Bags are packed - 07/24/16
I am jealous! Have a great time. I will be expecting photos and a report.
© 24hourcampfire