Home
Posted By: hatari Honeymoon in RSA - 10/31/16
My daughter called and want some help planning her honeymoon in South Africa. She gave me a list of tings to she wanted to do and see, and that includes ending up in the Eastern Cape at our friends house in Kenton by the Sea. A little trip up the Garden Route.

To get all of her things in, I came up with this

2 Days in Cape Town at the Grace Hotel

1 night in Fraschoek doing wine country

1 night in Prince Albert to experience a little colonia town in the Karoo

2 nights in George/Knysna at Fancourt

2 nights at Oceana Game reserve

4 nights with our friends in Kenton. Likely to get some hunting and fishing in

I worked this up, and wished I'd done that for my honeymoon!

They will have to wait for another trip to get in Kruger and fly to Livingston for the falls.

Anybody have something to throw in on that route?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 10/31/16
That's pretty comprehensive, Jeff. Lots of stuff packed it. I for one would love to take that train service that is supposed to be an excellent retro to the colonial days with five star service..
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 10/31/16
tag
Posted By: hatari Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 10/31/16
That would be way cool!
Posted By: wesheltonj Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 10/31/16
They might want to look at "The Table Bay Hotel" in Cape Town.
Posted By: Winchestermodel70 Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 11/01/16
The Mont Rochelle Hotel in Franschhoek in the French Region of the Western Cape is in the wine country. It is small, intimate, uber luxurious and has excellent food and service, along with an incredible bar. We hunted Rhino on the Eastern Cape in 2009 and toured the wine country on our way to Capetown afterward. My only regret is that we didn't spend more time at the Mont Rochelle. Highly Recommended!
Posted By: hatari Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 11/01/16
Will forward both of those recommendations, thanks. Did you get the rhino?
Posted By: Winchestermodel70 Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 11/01/16
Yes. Darted him with Tam Safaris. Very enjoyable hunt. Highly recommend Tam.
Posted By: blaser_guy Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 11/02/16
Defiantly do the evening dinner show at Mojo in Stellenbosch. I took my wife the there the last night in country and she still talks about it the most
Posted By: GRF Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 11/03/16
Addo elephant park. Great game viewing.
Posted By: hatari Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 11/03/16
Addo is cool!
Posted By: JRS3 Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 11/05/16
I did a very similar trip on my honeymoon and it was great. Hire a driver service for transportation around Cape Town and Wine Country. It was such a nice addition and we didn't have to worry about a thing. WE stayed at the 12 Apostles on the coast and loved it.
Posted By: hlg Re: Honeymoon in RSA - 11/11/16
May I suggest the Ann van Dyk Cheeta project,just north of Pretoria(I think).Also the Bill Harrup hot air balloon ride near Randburg and can't forget Glen Afric.
© 24hourcampfire