Home
for plains game in 30-06?
Yes
168gr. TSX. Also, 180-200gr. Partition.

RS
so i should buy a cheap case of remington hog hammer?
Used both the 30 cal and 375 version -- perfect performance.

Edit: 168-gr and 270-gr TSX versions.
A case?!

RS
Originally Posted by Brian
so i should buy a cheap case of remington hog hammer?
If they shoot good
Either will be good. Choose whichever your rifle likes. Mrs Blacktailer used the 165TSX in her 308 for PG up to zebra and it worked fine.
Swift A-Frame.
I have done two plains game safaris. One with the 180 a-frame in 06, and one with the 168 TSX. The performance of the 168 was clearly superior. Now my full time 30-06 load.

I'm sure you have seen JJhack comments on the 06 with the 168 - what lead me to try it and proved to be true (for me).
Whichever one your rifle shoots best. My only suggestion is to switch to the TTSX vice the TSX.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Used both the 30 cal and 375 version -- perfect performance.

Edit: 168-gr and 270-gr TSX versions.

This is the combo I used.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Swift A-Frame.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

But as someone else said, if you go to Barnes do the TTSX..Ive used both over there, to good effect. Somewhat prefer the A-Frame for not particular reason..
I used the 168 TTSX in 30-06 in SA in 2012. Took 7 animals with very good performance and all pass thrus except on the Eland. He still went down to one shot. I would use the same combo if going again.
Les
I killed eleven different species of game in South Africa with 150 grain Accubonds from my 30-06 with no problems whatsoever so either one of your bullet choices will be fine.

[Linked Image]
A-Frame; unless you want to follow them around, then go with the TSX.
© 24hourcampfire