Home
Posted By: GAZ32 April 2017 ZA photos - 08/20/17
I forgot to post my album here for everyone to see!

Back in April, my buddy Mike and I headed out to South Africa on a 10 day trip that we won.

Initially I was planning on bowhunting everything, but it proved to be insanely difficult to do a spot and stalk on any animal.

I managed to shwack a very nice 30" wildebeest and an old impala ram with my bow, but the animals I really wanted were kudu and nyala. I tried for 3 long days to get close to either but they were very weary. The closest I could get was 80 yards on an old kudu bull before I was busted. I eventually said screw it, I'll use a gun. Of course the animals I stalked previously were even more flighty, so it was still a good challenge.

While I enjoyed my time there, I'm not sure I'll head back South Africa again. To be clear, Theron African Safaris did a fantastic job of giving me my first African experience, which proved to be a challenging hunt. However, ZA seems like the place to go if you're into just driving around and shooting things or canned hunts, and I'm just not into that kind of thing.

For my next African hunt, I want a more "wild" experience. Something more analogous to backpack elk hunting. Any recommendations?

Imgur Album Here!
Posted By: Zengela Re: April 2017 ZA photos - 08/20/17
Zimbabwe Zambezi Valley. Still wild and wonderful. Do a buff before it gets spoiled.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: April 2017 ZA photos - 08/20/17

Great pictures. Looks like a good hunt.
© 24hourcampfire