Home
Posted By: Krazi Small space heater - 10/26/20
Have a seasonal cabin and also a metal building. The well pump,pressure tank and a stool are in a six ft square insulated bathroom in a corner of the metal building. There is a 2ft or so long baseboard heater that I struggle keeping the room at the right temp to keep it from freezing. Temps outside may get below 0 and I might not make it up there to check things for a week or so in the winter. All electric and expensive . What could I look at for heat that may work better then the baseboard that is there? I'm guessing that one is twelve years old or so.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Small space heater - 10/26/20
Something that small wouldn’t an infrared heat lamp work just fine?
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Small space heater - 10/26/20
oil filled radiator
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Small space heater - 10/26/20
I would go with a small ceramic electric heater. Efficient, put out a decent amount of heat and are safe.

I use them under our livestock waterers for additional heat to keep water thawed when temps really drop.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Small space heater - 10/26/20
Insulted heat tapes?

We blow all the pipes out at our cabin.
Posted By: Krazi Re: Small space heater - 10/26/20
I guess I am looking for something I can set and forget. I think the temps for the next week are teens for lows to the 50s. I would like to keep it 40 or so.
I am guessing something with a thermostat you can set.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Small space heater - 10/26/20
I'm thinking that a 2' baseboard heater is only 500 watts. You'll need to find one that has more wattage.
Posted By: antlers Re: Small space heater - 10/26/20
I use these throughout my house. They work great.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-1500W-Electric-Fan-Forced-Heater-HF-1008B-Black/419011167
Posted By: Matt24 Re: Small space heater - 10/26/20
I have a similar setup in my shop. I have a little electric heater for the winter to keep things from freezing. I bought an outlet adapter that turns on at around 35 degrees and then off at 45ish. Simple and effective. if you google "temp controlled outlet" you'll pop up lots of options.
Posted By: Krazi Re: Small space heater - 10/26/20
will look into that too
© 24hourcampfire