Home
Ok looking at maybe getting a sleep number bed. 2 friends have one and absolutely love it.
I just have a hard time with the price u less it’s worth it
Pros and cons
Have a tempered ic now, second one first one edges broke down and low place where she sleeps and the second is doing the same
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Ok looking at maybe getting a sleep member bed. 2 friends have one and absolutely love it.
Pros and cons
Have a tempered ic now, second one first one edges broke down and low place where she sleeps and the second is doing the same

What kind of "member" are you talking about...... grin
Have one and love it. I do find it a bit cold.
Sleep number bed?
Had one for years. Never go back to a regular mattress. We put a heated mattress pad on in the winter.
Number. Not member.

Holy cow I laughed.
Posted By: sse Re: Anyone have a sleep member bed - 01/27/21
can be tough to sleep with an enlarged member
Lol I’m slow sometimes
We have a Kalifornia King, with the elevating head mattress. We ain’t impressed! We experimented with many pressure adjustments, and couldn’t make comfortable. We added the mattress pad, expensive for the split, elevating type mattress, and did help a little with comfort. If you get the adjustable, elevating head type bed.....the split sheets are very expensive. We have serious buyers regret!

We keep our bedroom in the upper 50’s for temperature, and never found the bed to be cold. No different than any other bed! memtb
We bought a sleep number ILE I think it's called. It has the same foam thickness as the 8. Last year. It is a good bed. Has a 25 year warranty. My wife loves it. I like it. I got tired of spring mattresses lasting 5 years. I would go to the store and try them all and see what you think.
It is nice to be able to change the firmness as you want.
first one edges broke down and low place where she sleeps and the second is doing the same

In my best Roy D. Mercer voice, "just how big an ol' girl is she"......grin

My wife and I have had a king-sized Sleep Number for about 12 years. Still holds air. We both still love it.

Never before in my life did I ever keep a mattress for even half that long. It's been worth every penny.
Posted By: EdM Re: Anyone have a sleep member bed - 01/27/21
More than pleased.
You really need to go try them at the store. There’s a big difference between models.
We have had a P5 Queen for about 15 yeas now.
I have a real bad back from abuse over the years I have a very hard time sleeping on anything but a Sleep Number bed.
We just purchased our 2nd a P6 California Kind Split Top.
I had Sticker Shock but we purchased it any ways.
Our 1st bed is moving up to our Property in Arizona when we get our new bed.
I am tired of sleeping in my truck or on the ground when I go up to Arizona.
It will be real nice to have a real bed to sleep in when I go there from now on.

Memory Foam destroys my back completely
Posted By: DHN Re: Anyone have a sleep member bed - 01/27/21
I had one for 19 years. Got it when I was 40, it was OK then, but as the years went by I realized my lower back was hurting more and more. When the air valves started going bad I replaced it with a King Koil Xtended Life, I sleep much better. I would not go back. I am a side sleeper, that may have some effect.
We've had a queen size for ten years, was good at first but has since started leaking from the valves. Overall, not really impressed.
Is sleep member like limp dick? grin Seriously, I know people who have one and like it a lot. I'm a simpleton and still have my $250 memory foam mattress I bought 8 years ago. I'll probably get one when I feel the need for a change.
My member sleeps very well on one.
We have had a P6 Queen for almost 4 years. My wife has back issues from her early nursing career, and she absolutely loves it. I am not as picky. We do use significantly different settings, though, and I would not enjoy a non-adjustable mattress set the way she likes it.
We had a king for three years. We could never get comfortable with it. Gave to my sister and they love it. So for us it's 50/50. Some love it, some hate it. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground. Good luck.
do u remember the days when your member...
Originally Posted by ro1459
Some love it, some hate it.

That's true. I've slept on them several times, always hated it. I was talking to a buddy about them today, he hates them too.

It doesn't seem like there's any in between, you either love them or hate them.
Had one about 10 yrs ago - loved it for the first two years then the foam in the middle that separated the two mattresses gave out and it was like sleeping in a big hole. Replaced the foam in the middle and I could never get close to the wife, it made both of us roll away from each other. Tried cutting a little of the foam away to lessen the height and we were back in a hole. Ended up trying to stuff towels down the middle to even things out and they just balled up causing lumps. Gave it to my son in law cuz I was pissed at him, then he got pissed at me for pawning if off on him and he had to take it to the dump. Would I buy another - HELL NO! Biggest waste of $4500 I ever spent.
If it leaks down you just file a warrant claim and have them fix it.
Have had a queen for over 10 years, wife wanted it, I said OK.

They are 2 beds with the foam like another poster mentioned.
Sleeping in the middle doesn't work well.
Plus she is a 45 and I'm a 95, so there is a significant difference
between the halves.

Also, it's not that good for no sleep activities. Hands and knees
sink deep, takes a little adapting when you aren't so young and spry

When we travel now, we rarely get a bed that measures up.
Some are pretty good, none are as good as ours.

I did have to get a bladder and replace some foam ,
not a real big deal.

Glad we bought it, when it's shot another will replace it.
I’m just skeered chitless that whatever my wife peruses on the Internet they’re talking about $4500 mattresses.
Posted By: DHN Re: Anyone have a sleep member bed - 01/27/21
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
If it leaks down you just file a warrant claim and have them fix it.

That depends on how old it is; mine was nearing warranty expiration, they said they would prorate the remaining time toward purchase of a new one. No Thanks.
My brother and his wife got one probably about 10 yrs ago. They used it for maybe 2-3 months.....then gave it away.
Ours is about 11 or 12 years old. We need to replace the foam around the edges but the air bags are in great shape. They don't break down. If they sag, just add more air. If you think you want the memory foam on top, take a look at a plain bed and buy the foam at Costco. It'll save you a bundle. Also, the foundation is just a plastic box. For a fraction of the money, you can make your own. I made ours in 2 pieces so it's easier to move. Of course with the price of plywood these days, the plastic one might be cheaper.
Someone mentioned that they're cold. A foam topper takes care of that. We put a 2" one on ours. It's plenty of insulation and not so thick that you sink in.
Posted By: ERK Re: Anyone have a sleep member bed - 01/27/21
4000 dollar piece of Schitt. Sleeper in holes in about a year. Warranty was to blow it up hard and put a pad on it. Damn I know I’m 210 pounds but I’m 6 foot 1 so I didn’t think it should go to crap that quick. Edk
Had one, didn’t really like it after a couple weeks. It’s in a spare bedroom now.
Had one for about 15 years now and like it.
You want pros and cons..........Easiest way to do this is list the cons.
Can't think of any.
Originally Posted by memtb
We have a Kalifornia King, with the elevating head mattress. We ain’t impressed! We experimented with many pressure adjustments, and couldn’t make comfortable. We added the mattress pad, expensive for the split, elevating type mattress, and did help a little with comfort. If you get the adjustable, elevating head type bed.....the split sheets are very expensive. We have serious buyers regret!

We keep our bedroom in the upper 50’s for temperature, and never found the bed to be cold. No different than any other bed! memtb

Are you a vampire?
We love ours. We even have one in the guest room and everyone who visits loves it also. We had one cell develop a leak and they replaced it without a quibble and paid the return shipping on the bad one. Ours is a queen size, not a split but with the adjustable base. Love that, too.

They recommend that once a month you pump it up to 100% for an hour. That readjusts the topper to fit properly in case it shifts due to your sleep movements. We do and it does seem to "reset" things. Have never had to replace any of the foam or anything in the pump.
I still sleep on the floor, not sure why my wife left.
Nope. We get a new mattress every couple of years.
Ok looking at maybe getting a sleep number bed. 2 friends have one and absolutely love it.
Pros and cons
Yep - have one and love it.. But we bought a 'discontinued' model at the time and it was less than half-price of new...
Pros and cons

Have had one for many years. I honestly wouldnt want to sleep without it now. They are so comfortable. I cant think of a con short of they are expensive. Wait for the in store sales. You can save a ton of money
we have a king size and need to replace the air pump for the third time now. Of course it's out of warranty. Other then that, we like ours.
Those of you who have pump problems...remember that the one on the bottom needs to use muscle power. You can't just keep running the pump up an down.
Hands down the biggest $4000 piece of chit I've ever bought. We used it for about a year and then moved it to a spare bedroom. That's one way to make sure you'll never have overnight guests!! At least for a second time anyway. Buy a $30 inflatable camping mattress, it will be more comfortable.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
first one edges broke down and low place where she sleeps and the second is doing the same

In my best Roy D. Mercer voice, "just how big an ol' girl is she"......grin

LMAO
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Plus she is a 45 and I'm a 95.

I really hope when I'm 95 I'm concerned about how well a mattress works for no sleep activities with a 45.
Yes.
Best purchase I have ever made . Buy the sleep number sheets cause they are the only ones that are sized right .

Go into the store and look at the features . I think they have 8 levels with different features . I bought the level 5 .
Try checking into a nearby hotel/motel that advertises that they have a sleep number beds and try it out for a night or two and then decide.
Love our King size
We had one of the original beds by them[can't remember the actual name] before they had #'s.
I loved it but the wife didn't care for it, but we used it for 10 or more years which is longer that any of the 3 mattresses we've had since.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I really hope when I'm 95 I'm concerned about how well a mattress works for no sleep activities with a 45.

Pretty sure you are joking, but that's our settings.
100 is the most solid possible.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Pretty sure you are joking, but that's our settings.
100 is the most solid possible.

Was written with a grin in reference to ages or 95/45, not settings.
Wife got one last summer - she loves it.
We have one, I love it. wife not so much. Before that a Tempurpedic, I hated it. Wife loved it. We have a split California King, so.. I put her Tempurpedic back and I kept the Sleepnumber works for us LOL Both are way to dang expensive.
I hate memory foam toppers. We have a 2" one on our bed and that's an inch thicker than I'm happy with. Non-memory toppers are fine, to a point.
© 24hourcampfire