Home
Posted By: Rt50blaster Rec teq grills??? - 02/14/21
Getting ready to buy a pellet grill and its down to a traeger or a rec teq. From what ive read the rec teq is better built but i know traeger has a cult like following. Any rec teq owners on here???
Posted By: Dogpopper Re: Rec teq grills??? - 02/14/21
Rec tec hands down. I’ve owned four different pellet smokers. Traeger is fine but for the money I’d go rec tec everytime
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Rec teq grills??? - 02/14/21
I have a Green Mountain, don’t waste your money.

My son and my neighbor have the Pit Boss brand ( Menards) they like em, but I’m not a fan.

I have had to replace every part on this POS Green Mountain thingy at least once, the control box 3 times. Once that goes again (usually in the middle of a long pork butt smoke) , I’m throwing it it the trash and purchasing a Recteq.
Posted By: kelbro Re: Rec teq grills??? - 02/14/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Rec teq grills??? - 02/14/21
Rec Teq.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Rec teq grills??? - 02/14/21
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Rec Teq.

Another vote for RT!
Posted By: xtriangle Re: Rec teq grills??? - 02/14/21
Rec Tec only buy once ..............Had mine for 4 years and never had an issue!
Posted By: Rt50blaster Re: Rec teq grills??? - 02/14/21
Any more opinions? Looks like recteq is the winner
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Rec teq grills??? - 02/15/21
Love my RecTeq 700. It’s not a direct replacement for a gas grill or wood burning smoker, but I use it more than anything else.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Rec teq grills??? - 02/15/21
I’ve been using a RecTec Stampede for about 3 years. Bought it when that model first came out. There is no downside as far as I’m concerned. I love it. I’ve used it a lot. Even during the winter. I wish they would come out with a second shelf sized for it. The wifi control from your smartphone is one of the best things about it. Two thermometers and alarms and temp control. I put the brisket on and go to bed. I set an alarm for 170 or so to wrap it in butcher paper and reset the alarm for 203 degrees. It holds temp perfectly.

I have turned a couple of friends onto RecTec and they love them too. I never had a Traeger.
© 24hourcampfire