Home
Not something you want to see through the window.

https://leakedreality.com/video/2779/the-boeing-flying-to-hawaii-exploded-in-flight
I’m not going to lie, I would have chit myself seeing that out the window.
Pilot to co-pilot-

"We sure saved a lot of money on those Chinese rivets"
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I’m not going to lie, I would have chit myself seeing that out the window.

No sheit. I wonder what the line to the head looked like after that. sick
Cheap duct tape....
Nope, nope.
Nothing wrong with that. Looks like the wood burning stove is ready to start cooking dinner on.
I'm surprised it was still turning. I wonder if it still had thrust.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

It's freewheeling. They already pulled the tee handle that cuts off fuel, bleed air, hydraulics to/from the engine.
Andre’3000 must have forgot to put all the screws back in something
They just said on the national news that a fan blade is missing and another one is damaged. That explains the engine shaking (imbalanced compressor)...
I was out in my driveway when that plane flew overhead on its way back to DIA. Lots of smoke pouring from #2.
Interesting to note that the engines are mounted on shear bolts and are designed to break off under heavy vibration rather than damage the wing/airframe - watch out below!
good thing it didn't shed hardware toward the cabin, that could hurt people
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Was it a two engine plane?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

It might have been air velocity that's spinning it.
Yes two engines
One news article said it was an unplanned turbine failure. does thar mean they plan some of them?
Yikes! This is why I hate to fly
Originally Posted by kennyd
One news article said it was an unplanned turbine failure. does thar mean they plan some of them?

Expected blade life expectancy???

At least they were still feet dry...
Some guardian angels irking overtime, for sure.
Originally Posted by Quak
Yikes! This is why I hate to fly

No need to fear flying, crashing is what you need to worry about
The USAF lost an E-11A communications relay plane in Afghanistan in 01/20. One of the engines came apart due to turbine blade failure and the pilots didn't know which engine blew, so they shut both of them down and ran out of altitude before they figured it out what to do, both died and most of the plane burned.
I bet he was looking for a clear green run in a ski resort to put it down if needed.......so he could be the next Capt. Sully.....

They lost a fan blade. The turbine in the rear of the engine(exhaust).
Try that coming aboard, at night, no horizon and pitching deck..... smile
Some years ago a KAL plane landed at one of the major airports in Germany. During the routine ground inspection, they found a cracked fan blade...wired together. I guess the SHTF over that. I'll bet the crew didn't know what they were flying.
A coworker/close friend of mine had family on that flight - his sister along with her husband and 3 children. I just watched the video of her CNN interview earlier this evening - pretty crazy. Story I heard was a vane broke and caused the failure...
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Pilot to co-pilot-

"We sure saved a lot of money on those Chinese rivets"

O M G
One news article said it was an
unplanned turbine failure. does thar mean they
plan some of them?

Yes.

Smoke wouldn't be the only thing they smelled in the cockpit.
© 24hourcampfire