Home
The tax break removal didn't make it to the senate before adjournment, but it still sends a message.

Georgia House Passes Bill Removing Delta Tax Break After CEO Criticism

Georgia Republicans voted to strip Delta Air Lines of a multi-million dollar jet fuel tax break Wednesday.

Later on the same day that Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian released a memo to employees on what he called “unacceptable” new voting laws in Georgia, the state’s House of Representatives voted to strip the company of a tax break on jet fuel. The response came via a late provision to tax bill HB 477, adding new levies on jet fuel as of July 1.

Hours before, Bastian excoriated the aforementioned voting rights bill, which adds ID requirements for mail in votes, restricts the use of ballot drop boxes, expands weekend voting access, and bans the practice of “line warming.” Bastian said it was an “excuse” to “restrict voting rights,” and that the “entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections.”

The House passed jet fuel tax break removal at the tail-end of the legislative session, which did not make it to the Senate before its adjournment. Even so, House Republicans made their intent clear: “They like our public policy when we’re doing things that benefit them,” House Speaker David Ralston said. “You don’t feed a dog that bites your hand. You got to keep that in mind sometimes.”

With approximately 33,000 employees, Delta Air Lines is the state’s largest employer. The company claims it is “directly responsible for $43.5 billion in economic impact a year.” Georgia Governor Brian Kemp (R) protested the company’s sudden turn, claiming at “no point” did Delta raise objections about certain elements of the bill before.

“Today’s statement by Delta CEO Ed Bastian stands in stark contrast to our conversations with the company, ignores the content of the new law, and unfortunately continues to spread the same false attacks being repeated by partisan activists,” Kemp said.

“I would encourage these CEOs to look at other states they’re doing business in and compare the facts to what’s happening in Georgia,” he added. “If they want to have a debate about the merits, the facts, of the bill then we should do that.”

From BREITBART
There needs to be a cost for being woke. Good on the house and the governor's comments.
Good for Georgia, like most CEO’s Delta’s needs to stay out of politics.
Fugging let these clowns have it. We are the laughing stock of the world and woke is one of many reasons.
I hope they pass it.

Fu^ck Delta.........................& all the other woke companies opening their pie holes as well like Coca Cola.

They all need to hurt in the checkbook.

MM
I always though Ed was a fair weather CEO. He doesn't have what it takes when the going gets rough.
All businesses need to stay out of politics.
Delta Airlines sucks anyway. I will never fly on them again. If they went bankrupt I wouldn't shed a tear.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Good for Georgia, like most CEO’s Delta’s needs to stay out of politics.

Originally Posted by DigitalDan

These 2.

Yep.
Thank God somebody finally put a price on stupidity!
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Truth.

But we know who’s really running the show.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I hope they pass it.

Fu^ck Delta.........................& all the other woke companies opening their pie holes as well like Coca Cola.

They all need to hurt in the checkbook.

MM

Lol. Haven't liked Delta for a couple decades. Did what I could to stay off their planes when I had to fly for j.o.b.

Screw them. Like they own Georgia.
I wish the new mantra was : "Go woke - Go broke". I'm always trying to do my part to avoid wokeness.
Great to see some republicans stand up to the left and tell them to fuck off.
I can't figure out what the hell is going on down in Georgia. After seeing Kemp and his administration sit on their hands following the November election, I thought that state had gone biotch rhino. Then their legislature grows a set and does something like this, despite knowing the woke as fuq mob would assemble for blood.

Could this pass the senate? Would Kemp sign it? Why is Kemp now backing voter reform?

Maybe someone from there can add some color.
Delta gets what it supported
He should shut his pie hole and worry about what he is paid to do. Haul people from point A to point B with out killing them.
Will just get passed onto the ticket buyer.

Not flying their crappy airline altogether will wake them up. But consumers don’t pay attention. Some would intentionally fly them just to support the CEO’s activism.
Fly American M'Fer!
Originally Posted by copperking81
I can't figure out what the hell is going on down in Georgia. After seeing Kemp and his administration sit on their hands following the November election, I thought that state had gone biotch rhino. Then their legislature grows a set and does something like this, despite knowing the woke as fuq mob would assemble for blood.

Could this pass the senate? Would Kemp sign it? Why is Kemp now backing voter reform?

Maybe someone from there can add some color.

I have the same questions. What's going on in Georgia?
Why did Delta get a tax break to begin with? It's the same as just raising tax burden on every other business or home in the state.
Delta insists on ID to board one of their planes................
Ask yourself why did the ceo comment on this. It’s called fascism. Which is private ownership of business with government control. Delta is getting massive federal funds and commenting on this is a wink and a nod that the ceo wants to signal to the democrats he is with them. It’s the furthering if a facisistic mindset
© 24hourcampfire