Home
Posted By: Higginez Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
I finally bought a Milwaukee chainsaw. Spent a few hours clearing out some overgrown oak limbs on a job this afternoon. Already have their weed whacker with 8ah and 12ah batteries so figured why not. Sucker is way impressive. It'll be nice to dump all my Stihl junk that never runs when I need it to!
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
I went to by the Milwaukee 18v chainsaw with a 12a battery... when I saw made in China on the box I said phug it. I’d soon cut a tree down with my pocket knife.
Posted By: blanket Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Think I will stick to my husky and sthil saws that always run when I need them
Posted By: RAS Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
I bought the combo set. I now have the chainsaw, tree trimmer and weed whacker. Unless you need this for full time commercial use, this gear is perfect for the occasional job. No gas or plugs to worry about. Battery charges fast and lasts a decent amount. The blade seems of decent quality and sharpens well with a file.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Funny. My Stihl saw was purchased over twenty years ago. It has been sitting out in the container for over three years with a 1/2 tank of gas.

I poured out the old gas, filled it with new, set the choke, pulled the rope three times and she sputtered. Set to 1/2 choke and pulled the rope one more time. VRRROOOOMMM. Just like new!

Best thing I ever did for that saw, take off the twenty inch bar and replace it with a 25 inch bar. Much easier on the back.

My daughter recently bought a DeWalt chain saw. She loves it. She has a large collection of DeWalt and batteries.

For me, it would have to be Ryobi. I have been collecting Ryobi tools and batteries for twenty years.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
372XP. Thank me later.
Posted By: Jerryv Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Too bad you aren't closer. I would offer to haul that Stihl junk to the dump for you. laugh

Jerry
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Husqvarna 360 rancher is the best chainsaw I have ever owned and that's a lot of chainsaws. Husq never lets me down.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
My brother and I have 11 Stihl chainsaws
12”-32”

Will be buying a Milwaukee battery chainsaw to go with our other Milwaukee cordless tools

The Milwaukee chainsaw will be used mainly while climbing
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
My sthil saws work great.
Posted By: ElmerKeith Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Originally Posted by blanket
Think I will stick to my husky and sthil saws that always run when I need them

Same with me. I rely on Stihl since the very beginning! But I switched from the semi-professional to the professional models even for my humble purposes. There are even differences between Stihl and Stihl.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
echo starts on the first pull every time.
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
I still love my Stihls, but the Milwaukee gets the bulk of the use for simple jobs, check out the Milwaukee hatchet. You can thank me later
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
There's something wrong with your Stihl. Fuel stabilizer maybe? Use their synthetic mix or marine grade Sta-bil.

I wish Stihl made trucks.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
I bought the Milwaukee pole saw a couple years ago for limbing at the hunting camp. It was priceless last year cleaning up after hurricane Sally. Worked great removing trees from houses, and was much safer on the roof with shidt everywhere. I still use the Stihl chainsaw when absolutely necessary.

The Milwaukee cordless rabbit hole is getting pretty deep around here. 2 pole saws, blower, circular saw, sawzall, jigsaw, 2 - 1/4" impact drivers, 1/2" impact, 1/2" hammer drill, oscillating tool and 4 batteries. Use the stuff everyday.
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Originally Posted by stxhunter
echo starts on the first pull every time.

Have always had huskqies and stilhs, but I just bought a echo and have been really happy with it. It is really lightweight compared to the others and my back appreciates that.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
There's something wrong with your Stihl. Fuel stabilizer maybe? Use their synthetic mix or marine grade Sta-bil.

I wish Stihl made trucks.

I try to buy 5 gallons of non-ethanol at the beginning of the season. I still put Stabil, and SeaFoam in it. I use ethanol treatment if necessary.
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Milwaukee and Ryobi are owned by the same company.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Do the batteries interchange?
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
I just bought a stihl 500i. Had an 044 since 1996. I hope this new one is as good as the 044.
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Yes
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Do the batteries interchange?

yes 18 volts will work in all there 18 volt tools
Posted By: ldholton Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/04/21
Originally Posted by Higginez
I finally bought a Milwaukee chainsaw. Spent a few hours clearing out some overgrown oak limbs on a job this afternoon. Already have their weed whacker with 8ah and 12ah batteries so figured why not. Sucker is way impressive. It'll be nice to dump all my Stihl junk that never runs when I need it to!

Um... not a California gig necessarily but can you actually buy good gas in California as in non-ethanol?
Posted By: Higginez Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/05/21
No. Gas is likely the issue. I started running Truefuel a few years ago but still have the same issues. Maybe if I had run the expensive schit from the start?

Either way I’m tired of the mess, noise and hassle for the rather seldom convenience.

And my daughters will be stoked when they don’t have to hand saw the Christmas tree.

Naw, I won’t tell them about the chain brake.

Builds character.
Posted By: BIGR Re: Milwaukee chainsaw - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain
372XP. Thank me later.

Yelp, that's my favorite one, bought it in the year 2000 and its still running strong.
© 24hourcampfire