Home
I recently won a Sig Sauer P365 in a drawing , but with the ammo being unobtainium without hocking my first-born child , I have not shot it yet. I got the idea I might like to have a .22 pistol that would be the same configuration, maybe a conversion unit, but an internet browse yielded no joy. Anyone got ideas?
Ruger Mark-II
integrally suppressed (if you can fine one.....)

oh sorry. not the same format..
Go ahead and trade the kid for ammo, you can always have another, if you're sure you need one.
22 long rifle is around, at a dime a pop.
The Ruger SR-22 is a good unit.
And you can find .22LR in your area? If you can, buy it.

No ammo in a 100 mile radius of me. What little that does come in is gone within minutes.

Save the P365. Everything I have read are seen on it is good. When things settle down, the Ruger Mark IV is on my short list.

The Ruger is not the same configuration - but I have shot two. I really like them and think that generation is a real improvement over prior generations. Upgrades are readly available.

GB
Originally Posted by wabigoon
22 long rifle is around, at a dime a pop.

Saw some 22LR at a local yard sale. $100 a brick. They had 4 bricks that morning. I stopped by after breakfast. They had one brick left. This ammo shortage may last awhile.
Thanks for the comments so far. I have a locker full of .22 ammo, more than I can possibly shoot up in my remaining lifetime, I stocked up when the stocking up was good. I also have a Ruger MK1 that I shoot every so often. Just want something closely resembling the Sig.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Ruger Mark-II
integrally suppressed (if you can fine one.....)

oh sorry. not the same format..

This ^
Sig Sauer makes a number of different .22 pistol
Sig Mosquito?
I've had 'em all. I liked most. Get an old Ruger Single Six. They seem to be one of the guns that always stay around.
Ruger MK IV Lite or Glock 44 .
Browning Buckmark
A few years ago I bought a Ruger SR22 with the intention of later selling it (legally) to a relative who was getting a concealed carry license. The relative backed out and I was stuck with the SR22....I don't regret owning it for a second. Great, great, great little shooter.
I really like my Taurus TX 22. Full sized and very lite. Mine is very accurate. It just feels right to me.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Sig Mosquito?

I recently handled what I guess is a copy of such, threaded, fairly cheap enough. German Sport Firefly imported by American Tactical Imports. I liked it. Also a 1911 type 22 by the same....
The OP asks about a gun similar to his Sig P365 and has goddam idiots recommending everything from luger style pistols to phuhging single action revolvers.
Charger?
A lot of people like the Taurus TX-22. They have a decent trigger and hold 16 rounds. You can get a mag extension to make that 21 rounds. Pretty nice gun for around $300.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Charger?

lolololol
A neighbor, new to shooting, got a Taurus TX22. I found it to be one of the nicest feeling and shooting pistols I have ever handled and, if I didn't already have .22 pistols of that class, I would get one. Might do it anyhow.

He did experience some malfunctions, failures to extract, fussy about ammo, so we installed a Tandemkross Eagle Talon extractor and now the gun eats just about everything without a hitch. $12 well spent.
The OP asks about a gun similar to his Sig P365 and has goddam idiots recommending everything from luger style pistols to phuhging single action revolvers.

If you asked us about whores and we tried to steer you away from transvestites, would you be mad?
Google Sig P229-22 and you might find what you're looking for. I have had one for maybe 15 years and I love it. A fully size P229 frame with a 22 LR slide and barrel.is hard to beat........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The only negative I have about the pistol is the factory 22 LR magazines do not hold the slide open after the last shot, but there's are aftermarket answers to that too.. It works much like 22 LR conversion kits on the AR frame. You will either have to pull the magazine out or pull the slide back to its most rearward position and manually engage the slide lock. This will allow for the magazine to drop free. Manually locking the slide back is easy to do and it's what I routinely do, and it allows the magazine to drop freely out of the pistol

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/sig-sauer-229-22lr-follower-p/200-folr-p229.htm

I'd be a bit leery of the Sig Mosquito. They are widely known for feeding/jamming problems from the magazine and the magazine fit in the frame. Some work some don't. Using high power ammo in them is the best solution to the problem, but its not a fool-proof answer. Cheap promo ammo is almost a total dud in the Mosquito due to the feeding issue even though the pistol comes with two different slide springs - one heavy tension and one light tension. The owner manual tells you to use only quality high powered 22 LR ammunition in the Mosquito.

IIRC, there is a conversion kit for the P226 pistol also. I bought my P229 as is with the 22 LR slide and barrel, but as I stated, its been a few years back. Maybe check Sig's web site..?
Model M&P®22 Compact
Caliber 22 LR
Capacity 10+1

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp-22
Originally Posted by ltppowell

If you asked us about whores and we tried to steer you away from transvestites, would you be mad?

Not if he was in his spandex. laugh

This
Originally Posted by Esox357

This

I've got one of those. It's a fun little gun. It goes 'bang" most of the time and is fairly accurate.

Why do you have to bring Flave into the discussion.

This

I've got one of those. It's a fun little gun. It goes 'bang" most of the time and is fairly accurate.

Out of the box, mine wouldn't make it through a single mag without at least one issue. After taking it home, tearing it down, cleaning it up and putting it back together it has been 100% reliable.
I would steer away from the Sig mosquito. I had one, lots of issues even with high quality high velocity Ammo. Sent it down the road.
The answer is no, you're not going to find a .22lr that replicates your Sig P365.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
The answer is no, you're not going to find a .22lr that replicates your Sig P365.

Such a down-note. LOL
[quote=MtnBoomer]The Ruger SR-22 is a good unit.

Worst trigger on any pistol I’ve ever owned .
Originally Posted by Bend
Model M&P®22 Compact
Caliber 22 LR
Capacity 10+1

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp-22

I’ve got one of these. It handles well and is very reliable. Another idea is to work a swap with some of that 22 ammo for 9mm. Both are equally desirable in today’s market.
Originally Posted by jnyork
Thanks for the comments so far. I have a locker full of .22 ammo, more than I can possibly shoot up in my remaining lifetime, I stocked up when the stocking up was good. I also have a Ruger MK1 that I shoot every so often. Just want something closely resembling the Sig.

Perhaps a Walther?
Sig Mosquito?

No longer available, according to their website, looks like the only .22's they now make are the 1911 and the little P238 lookalike.
Originally Posted by DaddyRat
I would steer away from the Sig mosquito. I had one, lots of issues even with high quality high velocity Ammo. Sent it down the road.

Hey, that reminds me, I had one of those too!

Exactly. The Sig Mosquito sucks, it’s not even made by them. I would suggest the Taurus tx22, it is the closest to a Sig 365 that I can think of. I dislike the Ruger SR22, it’s manual of arms is backward, especially if your 365 has the ambi thumb safety. The damn SR22 has a “flip up to fire” safety that I cannot stand. Absolute dealbreaker for me. I thoroughly enjoy my S&W M&P 22 compact, it is only slightly larger than a 365.
Id throw another vote for the m&p compact 22. Definitely stay away from the mosquito. Last 22 SIG had their name on that was a full gun was the Trailside and it was a hammerli in SIG wrapping.
Ihave two High Standards, Citation and a Victor. Then I bought a S&W Victory. Both of the High Standards thrive on Winchester Super X and the S&W gobbles up Remington green box . The S&W had a great trigger straight out of the box the sights are great. It's nice to get a handgun ,new, with out taking it apart, smoothing the action, getting better sights, etc. Go with the S&W!
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Perhaps a Walther?

Beat me to it... I’ve had a P-22 for years...since they first came out. I’ve seen reports (on here) of reliability issues with early ones, but mine has been beyond reliable. I’ve run thousands of rounds of Federal and Winchester bulk stuff through it, as well as many other types of ammo, plinking stuff, good stuff.... It literally went years without any kind of cleaning or maintenance and just kept chugging along. Never failed. The only times it doesn’t fire is with a round of bulk pack that proves to be a dud cartridge. A couple of months ago, after years of neglect, I did do a clean and lube on it, but that doesn’t seem to have hurt it any.
I recently won a Sig Sauer P365 in a drawing , but with the ammo being unobtainium without hocking my first-born child , I have not shot it yet. I got the idea I might like to have a .22 pistol that would be the same configuration, maybe a conversion unit, but an internet browse yielded no joy. Anyone got ideas?
Ruger SR22.. I've shot a lot of different 22 semi-autos, but that SR22 is by far the best overall..
Those complaining about the SR22 safety have a valid complaint. It's ridiculous. But it's easy to ignore it, you don't need the safety at all. The SR22 is a double/single action design that can be safely carried with a round chambered and the safety off. That initial long trigger pull is like a double action revolver trigger and works great to safely carry the gun and get it into action quickly.
Originally Posted by MOGC
Those complaining about the SR22 safety have a valid complaint. It's ridiculous. But it's easy to ignore it, you don't need the safety at all. The SR22 is a double/single action design that can be safely carried with a round chambered and the safety off. That initial long trigger pull is like a double action revolver trigger and works great to safely carry the gun and get it into action quickly.
Exactly.....
I'll cast another vote for the M&P Compact 22. I bought one for a similar purchase and was pleasantly surprised. It hasn't had any issues with any ammo I have shot through it
Charger?

lolololol

You including the bipod??
The Taurus or the Glock would be my first thoughts to approximate the Sig but the truth is nothing is going to duplicate it.

I’ve heard good things about both from friends who own them and held them both but never shot either of them.
G44
© 24hourcampfire