Home
Posted By: denton Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/12/21
The old Outfitter brand shirts from Cabelas were great. I have several, and they look nice and wear well. The new Redhead variety, not so much.

It's time to get some new shirts. So, has anybody found an equivalent to the old Outfitters?
Over the years, I've found nothing that comes close.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/12/21
I’m afraid that much of Cabelas clothing has been discontinued and replaced with cheap crap.

Too bad.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/13/21
I’ve actually bought a few of the old Worsterlon and 100% polyester Cabelas shirts off eBay, and believe it or not, Poshmark. Not because I’m a cheap bastard, but because they don’t make them anymore...
Originally Posted by fburgtx
I’ve actually bought a few of the old Worsterlon and 100% polyester Cabelas shirts off eBay, and believe it or not, Poshmark. Not because I’m a cheap bastard, but because they don’t make them anymore...

I have a few of those that were my Father's. They were his favorite hunting and Winter shirts. Wear like iron, soft and great warmth layer for activities out in cold.
I don’t think I’ve seen any cabelas brand casual clothes in bps / cabelas.

Some camo.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/13/21
I have three of their Roughneck ripstop shirts. Paid about $15 IIRC. Wish I’d bought more, though these keep soldiering on. When my Cabelas pants wore out, I switched to Tru-Spec, finally settling on the Ascent model. Excellent stuff, and if you keep an eye out, you can get some serious discounts at times on Amazon. Can’t recall the last article of clothing I bought in a store; maybe Costco Merino wool socks. Get those direct online too now.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/13/21
BPS ruined Cabelas. BPS clothes are overpriced garbage.
Originally Posted by denton
The old Outfitter brand shirts from Cabelas were great. I have several, and they look nice and wear well. The new Redhead variety, not so much.

It's time to get some new shirts. So, has anybody found an equivalent to the old Outfitters?

Agreed, the outfitter series stuff was great. They discontinued it 3-4 years before the BPS merger. It was the sign of the end for Cabelas.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/13/21
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
BPS ruined Cabelas. BPS clothes are overpriced garbage.

I'd have to agree. Cabelas used to have some great clothing, both for hunting and casual use. The BPS stuff doesn't cut it.
Posted By: devnull Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/13/21
Maybe see what Carhartt has to offer?
Cabelas is still in business?
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/13/21
Most of my work/outdoor shirts are Filson. Wool for cooler weather, cotton for machine work, some long sleeve synthetic stuff for fishing and other sun exposure (can’t use sunscreen, severe allergic reaction.) Yes, they are spendy, but I have yet to wear one out and some I’ve had more years than I care to recall.
Posted By: lynntelk Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/13/21
The Cabelas Worsterlon shirt was the best hunting shirt they ever offered. Wish they would still offer them in the original Cabelas build, not a new and improved BPS version…….which I’m sure would be a piece of Chinese crap.
I feel your pain….. all I’ve worn for 20 years. Have seen an occasional one on fleabay. The new ones are junk. I bought a bunch when they went to the bargain cave at the end of the season for $15 when bps bought them out. Glad I did. I’ve got a few new Carhartt’s but they don’t fit like the old Outfitter series..
Originally Posted by lynntelk
The Cabelas Worsterlon shirt was the best hunting shirt they ever offered. Wish they would still offer them in the original Cabelas build, not a new and improved BPS version…….which I’m sure would be a piece of Chinese crap.

I fully agree. I still have 2 Worsterlon shirts but they're getting ragged and there's no replacement for them. I also have 2 of their long sleeved cotton-poly shirts that they sold 15 years ago. I've worn them hard and they're well stained but they're still in pretty good shape.
Cabelas made some quality clothing at a good price point . I'd be ashamed to wear some of the junk BPS sells .

Orvis is a little pricey but high quality and they last for years . The Magellan clothing that academy sells is much better than BPS and fairly priced .
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/13/21
One company I seldom see mentioned here is Schaefer Outfitters. Everything I’ve ever gotten from them has been outstanding quality, reasonably priced, and, for the most part, made in USA.
Posted By: BIG_JOE Re: Cabelas Shirt Replacement - 06/13/21
Willnever again buy Cabelas/BPS clothing. Old stone washed shirts fit well and wore forever. New crap is lite fabric and cut small to maximize profit not comfort.
© 24hourcampfire