Home
Click Here

Well let's see, Yoda copies Ford's twin turbo V6 engine, 10 speed auto transmission, and now they've copied Ford's styling as well. Oh what a feeling.
Hopefully they didn't copy Ford's lack of reliability.
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Yesh, It's so bad Ford outsells the Blundra 7 to 1.
I hope they've designed a good product, but that's about as ugly of a truck as I've seen in a while. Looks like something Mitsubishi would come up with.
Originally Posted by walt501
Click Here

Well let's see, Yoda copies Ford's twin turbo V6 engine, 10 speed auto transmission, and now they've copied Ford's styling as well. Oh what a feeling.

But the Yoda motor will last twice as long as the Eco burst.
I wonder if they worked on the gas MPG ?

Poor Walt the max capacity of the Toyota Tundra plant is 100k...Takes them an hour to build a Tundra, Fraud [bleep] out a F150 every 55 seconds. Looks like a larger Tacoma to me as well. You might need glasses.
I love all the nicknames that come along:

Toyota Blundra
Eco-Boast V-6
PowerJoke diesel
Hemi-roid V8
Originally Posted by JPro

Blundra
Eco-Boast
PowerJoke
Hemi-roid

Someone at Toyota must have screwed his sister .
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Until that happens - I'd not even consider them.

That's because you need seven Fords to be able to count on one running while the others are in the shop.
Originally Posted by Teal

MPG is what pushed me away from buying a 2021 Tundra. A friend of mine made a long road trip recently with his 5.7L Tundra on 35" tires, pulling an empty utility trailer. He was running 80mph and got 8mpg.
Poor Walt.

Suffering from ongoing penis,,, er Toyota envy!

Toyota Blundra
Eco-Boast V-6
PowerJoke diesel
Hemi-roid V8

I need a name for the duramax my neighbor has. He calls my F250 diesel a “powersmoke”.

Any help? 😁

Thats about what my 2008 Tundra gets towing my trailer if I ever went 80 MPH. I cruise at 62 though.
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Thats about what my 2008 Tundra gets towing my trailer if I ever went 80 MPH. I cruise at 62 though.

In the left lane with your tailgate down?
I've yet to have a Ford either wear out or break down before I was sick of it and wanting something new/different. Been supremely reliable IME - over 200k easily.

Same with Toyota - honestly, comparing the 2 - it's dead even for me. Neither has given me a lick of trouble and (prior to current gig) - I would commute 400 miles a week, not counting weekend running/trips/hunting etc. They got used pretty good.

Chrysler has been ok so far.

Only one that's been a complete chit show were 2 different GM products. Those were worse money pits than a used boat.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Toyota Blundra
Eco-Boast V-6
PowerJoke diesel
Hemi-roid V8

I need a name for the duramax my neighbor has. He calls my F250 diesel a “powersmoke”.

Any help? 😁

DirtyMax.😀
Click Here

So now we know what the 2027 Chevy Silverado will look like.

Toyota Blundra
Eco-Boast V-6
PowerJoke diesel
Hemi-roid V8

Any help? 😁

DuraMaxipad
Ford sucks, Dodge sucks, Toyota sucks. Chevy's the best... The best I says so GFY and LOL...
Those bashing Ford over reliability should take a reality pill.

My 2011 F-150 has been boringly reliable.
173000+ miles and nothing except an intermittent radio issue to complain about.
Spark plugs at 150,000 mi.
It just now needs ball joints and upper control arms. My buddy has a Chevy Silverado thats been through two sets of ball joints in 180000.
Tell me again how schitty Fords are.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Those bashing Ford over reliability should take a reality pill.

My 2011 F-150 has been boringly reliable.
173000+ miles and nothing except an intermittent radio issue to complain about.
Spark plugs at 150,000 mi.
It just now needs ball joints and upper control arms. My buddy has a Chevy Silverado thats been through two sets of ball joints in 180000.
Tell me again how schitty Fords are.

Yeah and my 2016 F150 XLt ecoboost was bought back from Ford with 6500 on the ODO. I have owned a lot of vehicles Ford took the honors with the buyback.

Toyota build quality surpasses Chevy and Ford (I have owned both) never owned a Dodge and never will if Fiat still runs them.

Yes the new Tundra was built with fuel economy in mind.
STIHL

For the win baby!
Lots of conflicting experiences. Our UPS man has 445,000 on a Ford 4x4...he bought a personal pickup this spring, yah, a Tundra. WTF?
Originally Posted by Raeford
STIHL

For the win baby!

Wish they made a truck!

I do like my Silverado. The gas mileage and torque beat the Tundra by a long shot. Tundra fans think they have a leg up in reliability. Not sure but my last two Chevy trucks were handed off to kids after I put 200k on them. Still running. Has something to do with the original owner, probably.
Originally Posted by Teal

MPG is what pushed me away from buying a 2021 Tundra. A friend of mine made a long road trip recently with his 5.7L Tundra on 35" tires, pulling an empty utility trailer. He was running 80mph and got 8mpg.

People always jump to larger tires but are too cheap to do it right and regear. The toyota engineers did not design the drive train for 35's...
I know I sit at the edge of my seat whenever the truck I would never buy is about to be unveiled.

What a fugkin loser.
I’m sure it’ll be a good truck, but damn, it’s pretty ugly. Looks like a big Tacoma.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

That's because you need seven Fords to be able to count on one running while the others are in the shop.

Tell that line of crap to someone who will believe it. My pop's put 550k combined on two F150 crew 4x4's with nothing more than routine maintenance and timing chains. He doesn't drive much anymore because he's 86 yrs old, but the one he's driving now has 255k on it and runs great. We owned them all, numerous samples, and the older Tundra (2005'ish style) was much better and more reliable than the current version, which are nothing special according to oilfield wear and tear.
New Chevys resemble fords also.
The 1997-2003 F-150's were and are good trucks - I've known several people who topped 300K miles - no major repairs . One guy 450K+ when the differential went out , he went by the owners manual - says Diff-Oil is good fro the life of the vehicle . No one told him ''life of the vehicle'' means a couple hundred thousand miles .

Next generation - 3 valve engine had serious valve-train engine problems .
Had a Ford mechanic tell me horror stories of 2004 and up , he bought a 2001 from a customer who always had it maintained at the Ford garage . Never had any problems with it - customers new truck had been back to the dealership a few times with problems .

Saw a video the other day 'I DO CARS' channel utube - new Ford V-6 turbo engine blown up - tear-down - water pump design - if it fails [and it did] it dumps the coolant right into the oil pan . Nice hot engine running on anti-freeze never works out very well it appears .
Originally Posted by Raeford
STIHL

For the win baby!

cool
Hope Toyota uses cam phasers like Ford. That would be a good copy
The same moron that designed the grill for Lexus did this bucktooth version. It's beyond horrible. They have had since 2007 to think of something non ugly! I was hoping for better .........it's between F-150 and Tundra this Fall for me. Can't think I'd look at that beast in the garage every morning and not want want to end it.
Toyota didn't let us down. They're still the ugliest truck on the market.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

My 2020 Chevy looks nothing like a Ford. Not even close.
And the best!
About the last thing I consider when buying a truck is how it looks.
I hope they've designed a good product, but that's about as ugly of a truck as I've seen in a while. Looks like something Mitsubishi would come up with.

Ugly does not even begin to describe that monstrosity.
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

the one I saw at the hospital today did.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Ford sucks, Dodge sucks, Toyota sucks. Chevy's the best... The best I says so GFY and LOL...

You have to kidding. My friends couldn't wait to get rid of their Chevy and GMC trucks. Nothing but trouble.
Originally Posted by EdM

+1
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

the one I saw at the hospital today did.

Yep. The last couple of years Chevy has done its best to make their trucks look like the best selling trucks EVER.

Can’t say as I blame them. 🤠

Yep. And all other pickups. In fact, F-150’s have been the best selling vehicle in America for years.

Toyota Blundra
Eco-Boast V-6
PowerJoke diesel
Hemi-roid V8

Any help? 😁

DuraMaxipad

LMAO ! Good one !
Originally Posted by EdM

+ 1
Actually, to me, it looks like a Titan.

Chevys are gay. The 5.3 is a gutless wonder.
Over the last 30 years, Fords have been the most reliable vehicles for me, while Chevy and GMC have pretty much sucked donkey balls. I liked the way my '98 GMC Sierra ran, but it did not hold up well...nor did my '99 Suburban 4WD. Piecesoshit both. My Fords have been pretty much trouble-free.
I can see the Titan resemblance too. And Titans are hideous.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Over the last 30 years, Fords have been the most reliable vehicles for me, while Chevy and GMC have pretty much sucked donkey balls. I liked the way my '98 GMC Sierra ran, but it did not hold up well...nor did my '99 Suburban 4WD. Piecesoshit both. My Fords have been pretty much trouble-free.

Mine too.
Im disappointed .With only 381HP it's underpowered compared to Chevys 6.2 @ 420 HP . LOL
The new Chevy is right above this Tundra in the ugly department.
I suspect all the make shave good ones and lemons. Im on my fifth Silverado. I buy new, and trade at 80-100,000 miles. I’ve had virtually zero issues with them.
Originally Posted by viking
Actually, to me, it looks like a Titan.

Chevys are gay. The 5.3 is a gutless wonder.

LOL Titans are even gayer!

^^^^ This....Although I suspect that they didn't.
Click Here

japs everywhere

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by EdM

Amen.

Well…Maybe when I was 16 years old.😉
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
the max capacity of the Toyota Tundra plant is 100k...Takes them an hour to build a Tundra.

False and false.

The Tundra is assembled at the TMMTX Plant. 30 seconds worth of facility research/history or even easier, looking at sales figures for US & Canada shows otherwise.

Nothing against Toyota. Competition benefits us all.
The mining company I worked for had all kinds of pickups at various locations. Fords & Chevys held up pretty well. Maybe a slight nod to the Fords. Dodge does ok you have to keep the trans & transfer case cleaned off. Let mud build up on em and the bastards won’t shift. Toyota? Pieces of [bleep] in a harsh working environment. Tailgates fold in half if you put any weight on em. They’re called grocery getters for a reason.
[bleep]

I tried. Starts with D. Rhymes with ildo max
Originally Posted by EdM

yep reliability is number 1. Putting turbos on is not a good idea. The 5.7 is a great reliable engine despite the low gas milage .

look at resale values for used trucks to learn the real truth

Japanese scopes great, vehicles are bad!!!

Mexican and Chinese scopes and trucks super good!!!

Toyota Blundra
Eco-Boast V-6
PowerJoke diesel
Hemi-roid V8

Any help? 😁

Chev Dirty max
Ram Scumings
Ford Powersmoke
GMC Gay Man's Chevy

I hope the new Toyota is nice because they will probably be making them the same for 15 years. Probably have cheap Toyota plastic interior and cheap foam in the seats but it should be reliable. We just got rid of a sienna we had for 7 years and it was a good rig but we had extra pads we put on the seats. We don't need them in the new pacifica, the seats and interior in the pacifica are much nicer. We'll see if it lasts.

I used to always buy chevy trucks. The current gen is not comfortable to me so in 2019 I bought the new style 1500 ram. I was very reluctant to go ram. Someone just offered me $10,000 more for my 2019 ram than I paid new. I'll probably sell it and order a new F150. I've never had a Ford truck but the new hybrid F150 with the 7.2 kwatt generator is what I'll likely order. Either that or another ram with the gen 3 ecodiesel.

Bb
Originally Posted by dale06
I suspect all the make shave good ones and lemons. Im on my fifth Silverado. I buy new, and trade at 80-100,000 miles. I’ve had virtually zero issues with them.

Sounds expensive.
GM gooberment Motors
Click Here

doesn't look like a Ford F 150 to me... but then I really don't pay attention to Fords these days...

I haven't been a Ford Fan at all since I had the only Ford Truck I've ever bought....an 86 4WD F 150, with the 4 speed manual, with the 1st gear granny gooseneck shift....and a good old 300 Straight 6.....bought that one off of Superior Ford on Bass Lk Rd and Co Rd 18, $250 over dealer invoice.
Originally Posted by SeanD

Sounds expensive.

Yes, it’s not the economically smart way to operate a pick up. I do quite a bit of long distance driving on hunting trips and other ventures. Complete reliability and comfort are mandatory.

Don't be so dam sensible.

Every fanboy filters everything through his preferences.

I really dislike Ford, and Toyota.
Mostly due to obnoxious fanboys.

We have a Chevy, 2 Dodges and a Ford right now.
Used to own some Subarus.
Cars are a PITA, and if you keep them past 100k you will
fix stuff.

Thing is, a door wInder, CV joint, tie tod end, strut..
replaced on the favored brand is,
"Normal wear."

Now if your buddies XXXX needs it.
"What a POS!"
Interesting, and butt ugly, look.

Why, in this day and age when the majority of over the road tractor rigs are doing all they can to streamline and get better aerodynamics are the pickup truck makers coming out with grills that look like a sheet of plywood with honeycomb holes cut in them?

Why not a grill and hood line more like this on a modern vehicle?

[Linked Image from img.hmn.com]

I like the hood/grill on my '01 Tacoma. I absolutely abhor the looks of the new models. I haven't driven one yet, but I can't imagine front corner visibility in these newer trucks is good by any measure.
My 1998 chevy 1500 club cab has 330,000 on it and in the 23 years I have had it I have put about 2200 bucks in repairs in it. That is pretty dependable I reckon.
Might have something to do with the original owner. That guy never washes the dang thing.
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by EdM

Where is some good data on resale?
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
The mining company I worked for had all kinds of pickups at various locations. Fords & Chevys held up pretty well. Maybe a slight nod to the Fords. Dodge does ok you have to keep the trans & transfer case cleaned off. Let mud build up on em and the bastards won’t shift. Toyota? Pieces of [bleep] in a harsh working environment. Tailgates fold in half if you put any weight on em. They’re called grocery getters for a reason.

I was on a job in the western mountains of Maine and some moron gave us a fleet of tundra's to work out of we ate the transfer cases,differentials and water pumps right out of them.A few of them needed new frame as they cracked and rusted.

I've worked for two mining companies. One ran Fords and latter Chevrolets. Both were equal junk. The second and latest ran Chevrolets mostly, but had a few Toyota Tacomas. The tacomas were never in the shop.
Walt is a brand loyal retard.
My leupold works fine! You guys just need to be real hunters and get closer.

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Toyota for the win. You guys just need to be real users of trucks.

That’s better.
Originally Posted by BWalker

I've worked for two mining companies. One ran Fords and latter Chevrolets. Both were equal junk. The second and latest ran Chevrolets mostly, but had a few Toyota Tacomas. The tacomas were never in the shop.
Walt is a brand loyal retard.

Tacoma's are cute grocery getters, not really big enough for a full grown man and certainly no place on a jobsite. Maybe haul the supervisor around in.
Don't look like no Chebby to me.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Interesting, and butt ugly, look.

Why, in this day and age when the majority of over the road tractor rigs are doing all they can to streamline and get better aerodynamics are the pickup truck makers coming out with grills that look like a sheet of plywood with honeycomb holes cut in them?

Laffin...

That '22 grille will be 100% different on the non-TRD Pro model. There will be different looks on different trucks. Take a look at the '21 Limited, TRD and Base models now. They all have vastly different appearances.
Oh boy, another brand loyal truck thread. I can never get enough of these.
I will keep my pickup. The new ones have priced me out of the market.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by EdM

Where is some good data on resale?

Not sure, but "the car guy" on the radio said that the Ford Raptor and Toyota Tacoma had the best resale values, by far, a couple of Saturdays ago. So good in fact, that they don't advise buying a newer used one, because you'll pay new prices without the warranty.
Front end is really an eye sore. I don't know why they don't stick to a basic design like the 94 Toyota P/U I owned. If someone wants a bunch of useless plastic bling, there are plenty of after-market parts for that crowd.

You can't have power and fuel efficiency at the same time. It's either one or the other.

Originally Posted by GRIZZ

I'd push a Toyota before I'd buy an OM (Obama Motors) bought with my own money.
"You can't have power and fuel efficiency at the same time. It's one or the other."

I'd agree and disagree. Maybe you can't have them at the same instant, but you can have them in the same automobile. That's the beauty of modern turbocharging. When you demand the power, that smaller, forced-induction engine is drinking fuel like it's a larger engine. When you don't demand the power, like when you are cruising, the turbos aren't spooled up and aren't cramming that extra air, so the engine can run more like a typical naturally aspirated small-displacement engine. I've seen it in comparing my 3.5L V6 Honda with the newer 2.0L Turbo I-4 Honda I had. The forced induction engine had better torque but also got about 15-20% better fuel economy in daily driving. The boosted Ford V6 models vs. the 5.0L in the F150 show similar traits, being more torque down low and better overall MPG when not flogging the engines. On the downside, you do have more moving parts to worry with, and you see less of an MPG gain when you are working the boosted engines hard.
You are full of [bleep].
I don't have anything against Tundras but that thing is Fugly. Maybe they will look better in person.
opinions are just that.i owned ford,chevy and then dodge over the last 40 years.i have owned dodge rams the last 17,would never of owned a dodge 22 years ago.i have owned 2 ram 1500 hemis and now a cummins diesel 2500 the last 2 years.best trucks i ever owned in every aspect.wont buy anything else ever again.might not have too,this diesel might give me 400 thousand miles.the 1st one had body rot in the fender wells after 8 years,the secong after 6 years nothing.this new diesel is a beast and quiet and comfortable.we all have a preference and some blind to a fault.personally i find ford and chevy inferior.if not the dodge i bought last it would of been a toyota.sorry but its my own opinion and im entitled to it.
No in
Originally Posted by slobob63
opinions are just that.i owned ford,chevy and then dodge over the last 40 years.i have owned dodge rams the last 17,would never of owned a dodge 22 years ago.i have owned 2 ram 1500 hemis and now a cummins diesel 2500 the last 2 years.best trucks i ever owned in every aspect.wont buy anything else ever again.might not have too,this diesel might give me 400 thousand miles.the 1st one had body rot in the fender wells after 8 years,the secong after 6 years nothing.this new diesel is a beast and quiet and comfortable.we all have a preference and some blind to a fault.personally i find ford and chevy inferior.if not the dodge i bought last it would of been a toyota.sorry but its my own opinion and im entitled to it.

It’s all relative to personal experience and personal need.
If I don’t need a 3500 to pull equipment every other day, I could easily live happily ever after with a diesel cruiser 70 series.
It’s ugly as [bleep], but how you’re seeing similarities to an F150 I have no idea. Only people I know driving F150’s are beta males thinking a 1/2 Ton truck is badass and blonde tramps with tattoos on their wrist.

If I owned a Ford I’d want to find some connection to a Toyota too, but JFC, this is a real stretch.

Other than the Cummins power plant Dodge/ Ram has no redeemable value. They’re the epitome of Union made Scheit. Aisin transmissions suck cock.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
It’s ugly as [bleep], but how you’re seeing similarities to an F150 I have no idea. Only people I know driving F150’s are beta males thinking a 1/2 Ton truck is badass and blonde tramps with tattoos on their wrist.

If I owned a Ford I’d want to find some connection to a Toyota too, but JFC, this is a real stretch.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! WTF is wrong with blonde tramps with tattoos on their wrist? Let's try to keep the ugliness to the topic of trucks and not impune the ladies.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

It's what makes a man, like so many trivial things here... How does one GAF what another chooses to buy with their money?
Originally Posted by EdM

It's what makes a man, like so many trivial things here... How does one GAF what another chooses to buy with their money?

Truth. I like to argue about cost of ownership and such, because that’s how I’m wired ( copper wire was invented when two Dutchmen found a penny!). I can’t fathom buying a fully loaded $80,000 half ton pickup. If for no other reason than that I would put dents, dog hair and pin-stripes on it the first week I owned it. A truck is a tool., and I’ll darn well use it as a tool.

But if someone wants to drive a truck without ever using it as a tool; well, someone needs to pay for that new-truck smell......... just because I can’t wrap my penny pinching brain around it doesn’t mean it’s any of my business what someone else does with their money.

Even if it’s retarded.... wink.

The Permian Basin, where almost 30% of US oil production comes from, is FULL of F150's. Occidental Petro probably has 300 of them. Actually there's a lot of Chevy/GMC and Ram trucks out here that actually do work as well. We see a scattering of Tundra's, most of the time they're at the convenience store filling up with gas.
No one cares about what someone else drives until they don't drive an XX. Same with scopes, rifles, and whatever. TFF

Other than the Cummins power plant Dodge/ Ram has no redeemable value. They’re the epitome of Union made Scheit. Aisin transmissions suck cock.

curious here jack , you ever owned a Dodge or Ram ?
I'd run it. Maybe into a big oak tree. But I'd run it.
It’s ugly as [bleep],.

Not quite as U G L Y as my 00' flatbed Frontier, but U G L Y nonetheless.
Guess I'm stuck for a while until the 'truck crazy' subsides a bit.
Originally Posted by EdM

Eerily similar to the optics forum. 😂😂

And Biden got a lot of votes.
© 24hourcampfire