Home
Do you carry a flashlight with you all the time? If so, what do you carry?
No I do not.
Yes, on my phone.
My cellphone has one, it's pretty much always on me.
If I was a proctologist……
My neighbor always 2 or 3 on him. Usually a couple of those el cheapo ones you squeeze and a halfway decent one. He's terrified of the dark.

I always have one in my truck
Iphone 11
Yeah, cell phone has one. I don't always have it on me in the house but anytime i go out, it goes with me.

I used to carry a small mag-light, single AAA battery, in my jacket pocket. We'd have power outages from storms in summer ... the bathroom inside a data center is darker than the inside of a tomb when the power is out.
Cell phone light
I always carry a little SureFire LED that operates on 1 "AAA" battery. Small, but a lot of light! Carry a spare battery for it too.

Yes, ever since 2/26/93. I carry a Nitecore P10 and a Griptilian folder.
I use 6713 NEBO most of the time.

Works great, prolly would work great for you too.

You can find these at Amazon.
In the rigs, usually one handy.
I was carrying a Streamlight Poly-Tac for a long time, then about a year or so ago I bought an Olight M2T Warrior. It's now my exclusive off-duty carry light. It's stupid bright. My only problem is getting batteries shipped to me. Right now I have a handful of rechargeable Klarus and Streamlight 2600mAh 18650s, but the Olight can handle up to 3400mAh which will boost output up to 1200 lumens. Right now it's about 800+.
This:

https://www.knifecountryusa.com/sto...6rYe58QIVA2xvBB2lWgTjEAQYASABEgLGHfD_BwE

There are many in the same “class” that are just ss handy. It’s amazing what a singlle AAA led light will do these days.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00143JZ08

a streamlight micro single AAA is in my pocket all the time, even right now.

aging eyes see small print or small items better in bright than dim light, I use it looking behind or under things even during the day, and at night when needed.

Poole
If someone wanted to embed a tracking app on the worlds smartphones I bet they would make it look like a flashlight app.
I always carry a Streamlight Stylus Pro at work. Not at home though.

Nope!
Fenix PD36R

I used to carry an LD01. That's one there isn't much of a reason not to have. Current version is LD02 or LD02V2

The PD36R is obviously brighter and the 21700 battery is awesome. The only thing I don't like about it is the mode switch. I want to have the option of being absolutely certain it will turn on in the brightest mode with only the tail switch. Instead, it remembers whatever level I used last. I also want to be able to move it to the lowest setting before I turn it on. I want to be sure it can never go into strobe mode. Strobe is a good for nothing gimmick. I heard of a OIS where the officer's Streamlight unintentionally went into strobe. Murphy's law. I don't need that. It seems like all the lights have that strobe crap.

The PD36R TAC "tactical" version has more mode features including a rotary tail switch. In fact, they made it worse with more complexity and more possibilities to turn on the strobe. It's totally jacked up.

If they can't figure this out, just give me one that only goes on and off at the brightest mode and I'll use another keychain type light for low mode.

To be sure, yes, I carry it as long as I'm wearing trousers, pretty much "all the time" other than those times where it would be pretty weird or neurotic like showering.
An Olight lives on my primary keychain. Have some more attached to the spare car key I carry when hunting and in my pack. Sorry to say, they put the Maglight LED to shame.

I’m locally famous for my flashlights, my string, knives, and probably the handguns that live in my pants.
Yup
A friend gave me a Streamlight Protac 2AAA Flashlight about 3 years ago and I had never carried a flashlight until then. At first I didn't see the need but now I find it as being as handy as a pocket knife. So I carry it almost all the time.
If I include the light on my iPhone, I carry three.
The two flashlights I carry are:
Stream light Stylus Pro and Fenix PD36R.
Yes, on my phone. You never know when power will go out.
Been thinking of a new pen light or smaller for the new job.

Liking the idea of a rechargeable.
Streamlight nanolight on my keychain. So small I forget it’s there.
I carry a Sofirn SP35, it has a 21700 rechargeable lithium-ion battery

https://sofirnlight.com/products/so...uck-driver-works-with-your-typec-charger
Since I retired I no longer feel the need to have 6 lbs of gear on my belt and and IFAK in my BDUs.

mike r
I carried a Maglight penlight AA for many years. I got stuck in the storage silos at work a few time when the power went out.

Totally pitch black without a light source. And difficult to feel your way out.

But I do not go into the silos anymore, so I gave up carrying the penlight. I still keep quality flashlights in every vehicle and on the boat.
I always have a Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA light on me. The first time you take a crap in a bathroom stall and the lights go out and you can’t trip the motion sensor, you’ll be on the same page.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

Same here.

The red is about worn off it.

I like the streamlights cause it’s off/ on.
i keep a Olight M2R Pro Warrior braided into my pubes at all times.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I always have a Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA light on me. The first time you take a crap in a bathroom stall and the lights go out and you can’t trip the motion sensor, you’ll be on the same page.

I schitt in the dark in the woods all the time.
Nope, or a knife and only keys and a wallet when I am leaving the house.
Originally Posted by rem141r
i keep a Olight M2R Pro Warrior braided into my pubes at all times.

Dude,

that's amazeballs.

Be Prepared, right?

I've got a single AAA O-Light on a key chain that goes out with me.

Around the house, I just use my cat's eyes.
When I am home or in a vehicle one is never much beyond arm's length. I keep one in all my packs and first aid bag. My biggest problem is remembering to switch out the batteries as I ruined a good Garmin GPS and a few too many flashlights over the years. Some batteries are worse than others though!
My carry gun is in the right pocket along with Benchmade and Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA in the left. If I need more light I have Powertac M5 lights in both vehicles and house.
Always. Streamlight micro or olight.
Streamlight Stylus Pro every day. Have one that is 15 years old
My phone has one..... but I never remember that when I need one. Same with the fuggin' camera.
Several times I've seen something interesting and thought..... damn, I wish I had a camera...... lol
I NEVER remember till the opportunity passes.
I am a luddite......
Yes.

OLIGHT 90 Lumen i3E EOS. $9 each. My original is going on 7 years and has been thoroughly abused.
douglasfir;
Good evening, I hope wherever you're at it's cooler than here and you're well.

I've carried an Olight Baton for about 5 years now and despite my best efforts it refuses to die.

I like it so much that when I lost it at work, I ordered another one that night, then found the old one on wet ground the next day - and it still works - and I have a spare.

When we're walking in the dark in our rural area we always carry a Surefire G2X Pro. I'm happy enough with them that I got one for my wife and each of our daughters.

All the best and keep cool and well watered.

Dwayne
This, best flashlight I’ve ever owned.

https://www.amazon.com/OLIGHT-Magne...d=1624858162&sprefix=oli&sr=8-30
Originally Posted by Bill Poole

aging eyes see small print or small items better in bright than dim light, I use it looking behind or under things even during the day, and at night when needed.

Poole

This, 100%. Great for small print, great for finding my stuff hiding in plain sight easily, even in the lighted room, zeros right in!

g
Don't need one up here, about 20 hours of sunlight per day right now.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

I schitt in the dark in the woods all the time.

How do you verify the cleanup job in the dark?
streamlight stylus all the time
Originally Posted by douglasfir

Generally I carry an Olight baton 3...excellent item.

Baton 3

[Linked Image from img.olightstore.com.au]
Originally Posted by JBabcock

This looks like a nice one.
A small LED, using a single AAA that clips on the key ring. Handy at times.
I carry a off-name $10 tactical flashlight. As I get older, it is easier to pull out a flashlight than it is to squint and make do.
Yup. Be Well, RZ.
Knife, wallet, keys, flip phone, change 12' tape, wallet....

Don't need more crap in my pockets.
Rarely would use a light, grab one when I do.
Always. Two, in fact. A rechargeable Streamlight Microstream and a rechargeable Streamlight Nanolight. One clipped inside a pants pocket, and the other on the key chain.
I hate pocket clutter, but I always have at least one flashlight, and usually two, on me (outside the house). You never know when the power is going to go down and even the tiniest light is a big help. BTDT

My two Fenixes are the most versatile unless I also want a Kubotan. Then the 5.11 is good to have. I end up giving a lot of those away to friends and family members.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yes.

Worked on equipment that was very dark inside for a long time.

Just got in the habit and still do it.

Streamlight KeyMate now. Probably upgrade next time.
You mean a smart phone?
Malkoff CR123 light. Made in USA. https://malkoffdevices.com/
I carry a Mag light in my pants pocket. Chicks dig me.
I carry a Streamlight Protac 1L all the time, just like a pocketknife. The nice thing is, you can still carry flashlights on a commercial flight. One time a scowling TSA clown pulled my flashlight out of the tray of pocket goods going through the scanner and said "What do you need this for?". I said "To see in the dark." Several seconds of silence and direct eye contact resulted in my flashlight being quietly handed over.
Streamlight Stylus Pro. Wonderful light, about the size of a pen. I never knew how much i needed a light until i carried one.
Yes! Surefire Stiletto.
Yes! I carry a Studebaker headlight in my right rear pocket!!
Originally Posted by pabucktail
I carry a Streamlight Protac 1L all the time, just like a pocketknife. The nice thing is, you can still carry flashlights on a commercial flight. One time a scowling TSA clown pulled my flashlight out of the tray of pocket goods going through the scanner and said "What do you need this for?". I said "To see in the dark." Several seconds of silence and direct eye contact resulted in my flashlight being quietly handed over.

TSA scum!
Originally Posted by MLC
Malkoff CR123 light. Made in USA. https://malkoffdevices.com/
" Some parts not domestically sourced."
Streamlight AAA micro all the time.......
Originally Posted by Bill Poole

Poole

Thank you for reminding me to replace mine. Somehow my last one walked off somewhere. These are great little lights.

Joe
Stream light Stylus Pro always in my pocket
Originally Posted by EdM
Nope, or a knife and only keys and a wallet when I am leaving the house.

You don't carry any sort of knife ? Everyone should carry a pocketknife . Right.
I carry a Streamlight ProTac 2L-X with a rechargeable battery everyday. Best flashlight I have ever owned. I actually use it more than the knife I carry.
Yes Sir!

FENIX PD36R rechargeable

I have a double leather sheath that houses both my Leatherman and Fenix.

WS

I carry no dedicated flashlight, but have couple in the car and several at home. One of these days I may pick one of them ones that come with pepper spray.
A little bidy Browning that takes one AAA
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

If I'm upright, and not in the shower there's a stylus pro in my pocket.

If I'm in the shower, and the sun is down, there's a stylus pro (or a petzl tikka headlamp) turned on and placed on top of the towel cabinet so I can see to get out of the shower.

If I'm in bed the stylus pro and the headlamp are both on the nightstand.

Spare stylus pros reside in the car, the truck, the boat, my lunch pail, and my primary tool box at work.
Got a couple in the package in a drawer in the den.
a Photon on my keychain. In my Maxpedition bag I have a Fenix PD35, a Surefire TI Titan, a streamlight Macrostream USB and a nifty 2800 Lumen FW3A.(that I still can't figure out all the stuff it does)
Originally Posted by Slavek

I carry no dedicated flashlight, but have couple in the car and several at home. One of these days I may pick one of them ones that come with pepper spray.

Awesome
What’s the ones Tractor Supply sells? I think it’s called Job Smart or something like that.
Takes two AAA batteries. I carry one all the time. Comes in pretty handy sometimes.
7mm
Streamlight Microstream in my pocket for about the last 15 years. On my third, with #4 in place for backup.

Several folks have seen me use it &then get one of their own. Damn handy & bright for such a small package

No, I prefer to be in the dark. Literally and figuratively. Or rely on my phone, which fuels my super-human night vision that most people don't have. The "light" on the phone sucks for most people, and is really slow to employ, but that doesn't effect me.

If need be, I rely on my underlings who will hand me a real flashlight (not a phone) when ordered. Or I'll fumble around in the shop, garage, or vehicle looking for one.

Being able to see is very overrated.

Almost always have ONE OF THESE in the tool pocket of my Carhartts.
Maglite Solitaire AAA LED. I used to carry the incandescent version, but the LED is much brighter. Tiny and amazingly powerful for such a small light. I still carry the incandescent in my travel bag for finding the bathroom in hotel rooms, where you don't want a bright light.

Like this one, only mine is black:

https://www.amazon.com/Mag-Instruments-Solitaire-Flashlight-Presentation/dp/B00FGK9DF2
Olight S30R baton II
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by pabucktail

TSA scum!

FYI for lithium ion battery powered flashlights -

"Devices containing lithium metal batteries or lithium ion batteries, including – but not limited to – smartphones, tablets, cameras and laptops, should be kept in carry-on baggage."

https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=23054

It wouldn't hurt to print this out and have it packed in your carry-on bag
Maglite 2 AA led on belt, right side, Maglite 1 AAA led on key ring, and my phone. Once I crossed 55, having extra light to see became needed. About the same time I started carrying a Swiss army knife in my pocket.
when i am wearing a hat it almost always has a brim light. ya, i'm that guy. nerdy but handy as hell.
Take a look here,pretty much anything and everything you could want to know about personal flashlights etc.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?4-General-Flashlight-Discussion

Greg
Douglasfir: Indeed I rely on the "flashlight" built into my cell phone/smart phone.
It comes in handy rather often.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire