Home
Posted By: JPro COVID and wind/endurance/stamina - 09/27/21
For those of you that have already had it and beat it, did it take you a while to get your feet back under you, physically? I had the bug earlier this month and it felt about like a half-strength flu, but I've noticed that my endurance is now down quite a bit. Some others I know have said the same about their dealings with it. I went out Saturday morning and ran a pole-saw and brushcutter for about 3 hours straight and was totally gassed, like had to sit down for a couple of hours gassed. Heart rate was up while I was working and took a pretty long time to go back down. Felt like I wasn't quite getting the last 10% of my air when I was breathing hard. I may be a bit more out of shape from laying around during 10 days of quarantine, but this is different. Short-burst strength seems okay, but the sustained effort is what has taken a hit. Can't say I've run into those effects with the flu in the past, especially two weeks after going back to work. I imagine it'll work out fine in time, but it's an interesting (and irritating) effect.
Took about 2 months to get endurance back. Try walking at least a few miles a day

Continued long hauler protocol after covid

Used this to help strengthen lungs back

https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Care-...engthener&qid=1632759286&sr=8-12
From my experience it took awhile before I felt halfway descent. Three months after I was doing some trimming with a pole saw. Told the wife I needed to go sit down made it to the chair on the porch. Next thing I know wife is on the phone with EMT's said I scared her when I passed out. I still watch what I do (70 yr old).
Originally Posted by ribka
Took about 2 months to get endurance back. Try walking at least a few miles a day

I would convert that into a bong
@jpro I’m in my third week back to work after being off for two weeks with the bug

I had a setback in the first week and had to restart it felt

I’m still dragging, just feel gassed after not much work

Motivation and endurance are both shot still
Originally Posted by alibi
@jpro I’m in my third week back to work after being off for two weeks with the bug

continue vit D at least 15k iu every day, quercetin, zinc, bit C , NAC, ivermectin. All OTC, cheap, very safe, and it works

Don't understand why Americans not more interested in your own health
Was down with what I assume was the ‘Rona right before it became a thing and my lung capacity is not what it was prior.
Originally Posted by JPro
For those of you that have already had it and beat it, did it take you a while to get your feet back under you, physically? I had the bug earlier this month and it felt about like a half-strength flu, but I've noticed that my endurance is now down quite a bit. .

I had it in the last week of December 2019 and the early part of January 2020. Yes, my endurance was way down through most of that entire year (I started felling stronger in late summer, early fall, of 2020). I also had no appetite for most of that year, and lost 30 pounds. I wasn't trying to lose weight. I just had no appetite. But my endurance was way down. I got winded just walking short distances for a while, long after I beat the virus.

Mine was also like a flu, but including severe shoulder pain in both shoulders. That part took a while to go away, too.
I’m 6+ months post covid diagnosis. I’m still having serious issues with my breathing. I have no stamina or endurance compared to pre wuhan. I did a .75 mile walk last night and felt sick as a dog during and after. My strength is coming back at a snails pace but my wind not so much
Originally Posted by slumlord

Wonder Toke
19 months here and still know that I'm not back to full lung capacity.
I realized[Bigly] during the 2020 deer season that I had been knocked back much more than I thought initially.
Those with reduced endurance do your xrays show lung damage or your blood work show low hemoglobin levels?
For those of you that have already had it and beat it, did it take you a while to get your feet back under you, physically? I had the bug earlier this month and it felt about like a half-strength flu, but I've noticed that my endurance is now down quite a bit. Some others I know have said the same about their dealings with it. I went out Saturday morning and ran a pole-saw and brushcutter for about 3 hours straight and was totally gassed, like had to sit down for a couple of hours gassed. Heart rate was up while I was working and took a pretty long time to go back down. Felt like I wasn't quite getting the last 10% of my air when I was breathing hard. I may be a bit more out of shape from laying around during 10 days of quarantine, but this is different. Short-burst strength seems okay, but the sustained effort is what has taken a hit. Can't say I've run into those effects with the flu in the past, especially two weeks after going back to work. I imagine it'll work out fine in time, but it's an interesting (and irritating) effect.

I am about a year and a half out.

I still have good days and bad days.
Originally Posted by OldHat
Those with reduced endurance do your xrays show lung damage or your blood work show low hemoglobin levels?

I've not been back to a Doc since[primarily due to the headaches associated with doing so].
Buncha pussies.
Originally Posted by deflave
Buncha pussies.

For sure nothing as serious as missing a Tee time because of the lock downs.

Pears......
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Buncha pussies.

Pears......

Hey, draggin them there iguanas is hard work.
I'm almost at two months since my wife and I caught the vid. And to your experience mine is similar. Much easier to get gassed and it takes much longer for me to recover.

Been hiking a bit as of late cause I'm deer hunting the end of next month. Will definitely take more care as to the topography where I shoot one because it'll be near impossible to drag one out of a steep canyon now without taking it in pieces and that will be tough.

On the other hand I've not slept this much since I was a teenager.
Originally Posted by alibi

continue vit D at least 15k iu every day, quercetin, zinc, bit C , NAC, ivermectin. All OTC, cheap, very safe, and it works

Don't understand why Americans not more interested in your own health

I've been on the D3, C, Multi-vitamin thing for years. Added Zinc a couple of months ago. Still sticking with it.
evidently post covid, you may want to get a lung xray and have a pulmonary doc check it out. I have read a lot that this covid really attacks lung tissue. That would explain the shortness of breath that so many seem to suffer

I've been on the D3, C, Multi-vitamin thing for years. Added Zinc a couple of months ago. Still sticking with it.

Same. Been taking D3, C, and Multi for many years, and added Zinc almost a year ago.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
For those of you that have already had it and beat it, did it take you a while to get your feet back under you, physically? I had the bug earlier this month and it felt about like a half-strength flu, but I've noticed that my endurance is now down quite a bit. .

I had it in the last week of December 2019 and the early part of January 2020. Yes, my endurance was way down through most of that entire year (I started felling stronger in late summer, early fall, of 2020). I also had no appetite for most of that year, and lost 30 pounds. I wasn't trying to lose weight. I just had no appetite. But my endurance was way down. I got winded just walking short distances for a while, long after I beat the virus.

Mine was also like a flu, but including severe shoulder pain in both shoulders. That part took a while to go away, too.

where you diagnosed with it....bob
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

where you diagnosed with it....bob
I got it late August early September. Got a touch of pneumonia with it. 13 days with symptoms. Scouted my deer zone above the Salmon river near Riggins a week later. Hiked 1000 vertical feet down and back up. Definitely slower than usual but no ill effects. Bow hunted elk 2 weeks after symptoms. Again a bit slower than usual but definitely getting my stamina back.
H1N1 swine flu , parked me for about a month back in 09 or 10 .

I worked out heavy duty back then and knew my regimen well - took a couple of months to get back to where I was . Had a lingering cough and rattle in my chest for 4-5 months . Just saying
Stamina and breathing were really only very short term if at all for myself. But I’m a smoker. Lost my sense of taste and smell entirely for two weeks. They are back now, but my sense of smell is mayyybe only at 90% of what it was before. It was very very keen, before. Definitely feel like I lost a little something off it. Don’t know if that’s coming back entirely or not. Been about a month. Otherwise, I feel fine.
It probably took me 2-3 months to feel 100% normal. After the symptoms cleared up it was just lack of energy and stamina hiking up the big ridges.
I’m about 7 months post, and it took maybe 3 months to be back to normal. Had been on D3, C, zinc and selenium, and it never went into my lungs, at all. I’ll go back on the D3 in another month (don’t take it during the summer since I work 10 hrs or so outside every day).

Only thing still off is the sniffer. My cooking is still sub par because of it. Can’t smell the nuances of a dish like I used to.
I had it back in November. Stamina down for a month, back in the gym in 2 weeks. Cardio still seems off, a 50 calorie assault bike kicked my lung’s ass last week. I can do a 7:00 min mile but that is all I want.
It affects everyone differently. I had full blown pneumonia, but felt 100% within 2 months. I feel great, with no issues. I worked out a lot before I got sick, and went for walks every night once I was strong enough to stretch my lungs back out.
Had it early June. Like having a moderate case of influenza for about 2 weeks. For 3-4 weeks I was very fatigued after work and would end up taking a nap. I’m back to mountain biking now. That took about 2 months to come back to the prior level of fitness.

more brilliant and inciteful commentary
Buncha pussies.

Pears......

There are a lot of endeavors that don’t suffer whining.

Golf is no exception.
Originally Posted by blairvt

more brilliant and inciteful commentary

I think it was more of an observation.
The hate train goes choooo choooo muddafoucka

lol
Son in law had it early August, knocked his dinkey in the dirt, he is still trying to get stamina back. Daughter got it too, hasn’t bothered her nearly as bad.
I thought it was because I got fat.
I “almost certain” I had it last November bout stroked out several mornings no shhiit climbing the mountain bout caused a forest fire from the schitts but prevailed
The hate train goes choooo choooo muddafoucka

lol

Is that supposed to mean something or just show how ignorant you are? I was taught to respect my elders but you go out of your way to not be worthy of respect.
2-3 weeks before back to normal.
A friend of mine , who is 75, had the virus and was hospitalized for 2 weeks . After release he was told he lost 40% lung capacity. For some folks the rona is no joke.
My wife and I both had it in April 2021, totally sucks azz but we got through it with no issues. We are both in our 60’s and are not worried about it in any way. Actually going tomorrow to get tested for antibodies. Fingers crossed. Also we were never tested but it was fairly bad for 3 days and had shortness of breath and extremely fatigued. We normally workout 3 to 4 times a week but missed one week in total and took a couple of weeks to get back to full normal. I would never take the jab as we have seen too many adverse reactions in our social group.
Buncha pussies.

Pears......

Golf is no exception.

Totally.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
Buncha pussies.

Pears......

Golf is no exception.

Totally.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Very good explanation of golf right there.

I'll stick with gardening in my spare time. Got about 15 lbs of taters out of half a bed today.
Any of you folks that had The Corona and are now having stamina issues had your heart checked along with the lungs?
© 24hourcampfire