Home
Does God Give Us a License to Sin?
Sermon by Ralph Yankee Arnold

I'll keep it simple, John 3:16
Of course. God created man with free will.
Freedom to sin, maybe but without his approval.
Read Jude. No.
The church usedta sell em.

Did anyone get to the boxer analogy?
He paints that extreme analogy explaining the old man and sin nature in the flesh. Lol. šŸ˜„
Originally Posted by Ringman

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Did anyone get to the boxer analogy?
He paints that extreme analogy explaining the old man and sin nature in the flesh. Lol. šŸ˜„

No one watches your videos.
GFY SLAPPY
Happy Camperā€™s mom got a license.

A license to FUGK!

LOL
Originally Posted by deflave

A license to FUGK!

LOL

See? This is why we canā€™t have nice threads.
lol

It's God's message. If you don't want it, why waste everyone's time trying drive others away from it bb, in, df

It's God's message. If you don't want it, why waste everyone's time trying drive others away from it bb, in, df

Please prove this
No one's stopping you but yourself.
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Please prove this

"And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS. 38Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left. 39And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads, 40And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross. 41Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said, 42He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. 43He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God."
Matthew ch 27

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles."
I Corinthians 15

There's more proof necessary than needed in a Jewish OR in a Roman court of law.

Please prove this

Allah said so.
Originally Posted by ironbender

A license to FUGK!

LOL

See? This is why we canā€™t have nice threads.
lol

Happy Butt Fugk and Wabigoon gonna have a little phone sex later.

LOL
I fall some wheres between agnostic and atheist so it doesn't really matter to me.
Originally Posted by 3dtestify

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Happy Camper just doesn't get it. He can't see the forest thru the Christianity trees.
I don't need a license from God to "sin", it just comes natural.
I think Jesusā€™ followers have been called to live in freedom, but they likely shouldnā€™t use that freedom to satisfy their sinful nature. To me, that freedom isnā€™t an excuse or a ā€œlicenseā€ to sin...that freedom isnā€™t a permission slip to sin.
Does god sin?ā€™
Does god sin?ā€™

Stupid question, but no, and it's God, not god.
If I "covet" my buddy's pickup or have the hots for his old lady will I go to Hell, or will God forgive me ?
Does god sin?
If Heā€™s omnipotent, then He has unlimited power and is able to do anything. Whether or not He violates His own divine Law, I donā€™t know. Whether or not He holds Himself to the same standards He imposes on us, I donā€™t know. I think His ways are far greater than our limited ability to comprehend them.

Please prove this

Allah said so.

Clark,

When are you going on a beer run up North?
I'm betting Missy does a Tyson knock out in under 30 seconds.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by shootem
The little 2 HP scooter things that go about 18 mph. Always thought there should be a model called the DUI (because thatā€™s why most guys ride them) pronounced DO-e. Or DeathWish, because that has to be what you have to get one of those things out in traffic.

A friend bought a faded out pink one of those in college, for $100 I think it was. At 49cc it was below the 50cc street vehicle threshold, so one didn't need a motorcycle endorsement nor did some of the traffic laws apply (I think....I can't totally remember). It had a cute basket on the front and a centrifugal clutch. Top speed was maybe 20 MPH and there were some hills it simply wouldn't make it up with a full grown person on it.

We made a lot of beer runs on that thing, sometimes with me riding bitch. It was BAD ASS.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Camper,

Iā€™d just wave my dick in the air and wait for the adoring smile.

Same as Iā€™d do to you.

LOL
Originally Posted by antlers
Does god sin?
If Heā€™s omnipotent, then He has unlimited power and is able to do anything. Whether or not He violates His own divine Law, I donā€™t know. Whether or not He holds Himself to the same standards He imposes on us, I donā€™t know. I think His ways are far greater than our limited ability to comprehend them.

The only way he could be the acceptable Sacrifice to take the place of us sinners is as the Lamb without spot or blemish.
He was the sinless well pleasing acceptable Sacrifice Who paid for the sins of the world

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

I Corinthians 5

At the Unbeliever's decision to stop trusting in their own good deeds and instead make Jesus the Object of faith, he believes that gospel, is given everlasting life.
Yes. I do believe that Jesus not only lived a sinless life, but was perfectly merciful and gracious and reverent throughout His entire life.
Yes. I do believe that Jesus not only lived a sinless life, but was perfectly merciful and gracious and reverent throughout His entire life.

I'm 99% sure that Mary Magdalene taste tested his manna...
What exactly is sin? To make mistakes? To be imperfect? To be human? To be born in a world where killing and death are the rules of life?
Originally Posted by DBT
What exactly is sin? To make mistakes? To be imperfect? To be human? To be born in a world where killing and death are the rules of life?

Ruh-roh.
Originally Posted by DBT

sin=separation from God. God is not going to force anyone to love him, therefore He gives Satan free reign to tempt people and get them on his side. Humanity has welcomed satan with open arms.

2 Corinthians 4:4
in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Freedom to sin, maybe but without his approval.

Yes.
God does not approve of or condone sin. He condemned sins because He is just.
Jesus Himself bore the punishment for ALL sinners in His body on the cross.
The Father was satisfied with the justice carried out in full.
Now there is no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus.
For the rest of the Campfire, the offer is extended.
The gift is expensive, but it's already been paid for.
No works are required, nor any accepted.

"For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by DBT

sin=separation from God. God is not going to force anyone to love him, therefore He gives Satan free reign to tempt people and get them on his side. Humanity has welcomed satan with open arms.

2 Corinthians 4:4
in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

That's not what I meant.
When I ā€œsinā€... it is a willful wrong on my part, it is a willful bad decision on my part. Itā€™s not a ā€œmistakeā€...a mistake is something you make on a math test when you get an answer wrong (for example). Big difference.
Originally Posted by Craigster
If I "covet" my buddy's pickup or have the hots for his old lady will I go to Hell, or will God forgive me ?

He will send you to Hell for rejecting God's gift of His Son.
Nobody chooses their own condition, some flawed, some damaged, some broken. We do the best we can with what we have.

Some do better than others because they are equipped to do better: better in business, better at sport, better with relationships, better life management. Others fall by the wayside, for countless reasons, some due to their own fault, poor decisions (is stupid a choice), others due to circumstances beyond their control, accidents, poor health, location, a slum in India in a family of street beggars, many believing in a God or gods, praying for guidance, praying for aid...yet all are deemed sinners?

What exactly is Sin?
When I ā€œsinā€... it is a willful wrong on my part, it is a willful bad decision on my part. Itā€™s not a ā€œmistakeā€...a mistake is something you make on a math test when you get an answer wrong (for example). Big difference.

It's possible to regret a decision the moment it's made and carried out, at which point it's too late. It's possible to regret saying something the moment the words are out of your mouth, at which point it's too late, it has been said....
Bible definition:

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin."
I John 3

Two questions answered:

1st, What is sin?

2nd, Did Jesus ever sin?

I think the third might be worded briefly,

Who has sinned?

A:. "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
Romans 3
Does god sin?ā€™

Then I donā€™t sin, since he made me in godā€™s likeness.

Iā€™m GTG.
Re, Happy Campers post...which doesn't actually address the question, which is a matter of the human condition. Not to mention the state and condition of a world we are born into, but played no part in creating.
We are all. sinners.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We are all. sinners.

Why? How?
Does god sin?ā€™

Agree that it was a stupid question. Why did god make frank post it?
Originally Posted by DBT
We are all. sinners.

Why? How?

We can't help it.
Does god sin?

The only way he could be the acceptable Sacrifice to take the place of us sinners is as the Lamb without spot or blemish.
He was the sinless well pleasing acceptable Sacrifice Who paid for the sins of the world

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

I Corinthians 5

At the Unbeliever's decision to stop trusting in their own good deeds and instead make Jesus the Object of faith, he believes that gospel, is given everlasting life.

Omnipotent... would beg the question why does childhood cancer exist? god has a strange sense of humor.

mike r
Luke 18:18
Only God is without sin.

"And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up."

Have you ever told a lie?

Just sayin ....... smile

https://www.gracechurch.org/about/distinctives/sovereignty-of-god
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
I fall some wheres between agnostic and atheist so it doesn't really matter to me.

Yeah, man, I'm Catholic too. grin
Does god sin?ā€™

I find it interesting how often the God of the old Testament is surprised and angered by events he apparently didn't see coming, and that he regrets decisions he's made. Hard to reconcile that with an omnipotent being.
Have time for a song?
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Does god sin?ā€™

I find it interesting how often the God of the old Testament is surprised and angered by events he apparently didn't see coming, and that he regrets decisions he's made. Hard to reconcile that with an omnipotent being.

Ruh-Roh.

LOL
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Omnipotent... would beg the question why does childhood cancer exist?
lvmiker, I struggle with things like childhood cancer too. I believe that when sin entered the world, it held the door open for sorrow, death, illness, despair, and every other awful thing. They snuck in right behind sin. And sin wreaks havoc on the world. I believe there is a cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering. Iā€™m not referring to the personal level (sinful) behavior of people that results in suffering. The cause and effect relationship between sin and suffering that Iā€™m referring to goes beyond personal level behavior. It is a global reality. There is a global relationship between sin and suffering. That is the brutal fact. Itā€™s not fair, and it takes things out of our control. Instances such as the one you mentioned above are part of the global consequences of sin in the world. I believe the presence of sin in the world is why these things happen. Itā€™s not fair. And I understand why you, or anybody else struggles with it. I struggle with it too. We donā€™t like it. Itā€™s not fair. But there it is.

Good song.
I'm going to check to see if that one's in the hymnal.

Good song.
I'm going to check to see if that one's in the hymnal.

Keep us posted.
HC

You blasted onto this board two years ago. You frequently requested that people contact you by PM so that you could instruct them. You have presented yourself as a teacher/evangelist where matters of the Gospel are concerned.

DBT asked a simple question. Instead of being what you have presented you blast away with Bible quotes and links to what I assume are videos without an answer to a direct question. That doesnā€™t stand up to the scripture that tells us to be able to give an account of what we believe.

If you are finding that the apologetic argument that you have subscribed to or developed is insufficient you may want to consider James 3:1.
I find it interesting how often the God of the Old Testament is surprised and angered by events he apparently didn't see coming, and that he regrets decisions he's made. Hard to reconcile that with an omnipotent being.
I think these kinds of observations/questions are good, insightful, honest, and legitimate. My thoughts in regards to your post is why can't God be both omniscient and capable of regret...? Why must those characteristics be mutually exclusive...? The ability to know things ahead of time doesnā€™t necessarily exclude the possibility of having an emotional response such as regret when they occur. I knew ahead of time my kids were gonna crash and get scraped up, but I still encouraged them to learn how to ride bicycles. And when they did crash and get scraped up, I had an emotional response to it.
Contradictions are mutually exclusive.
Does god sin?ā€™

It wasn't a stupid question, not if we consider the descriptions of god we have in the OT.
So I didn't give the answer you would've posted IZH.
DBT can pm anytime too.

I gave concise direct answers from God's Word with no fluff.
I also provided a very good message that answers those questions in further details.
Multitasking right now and sorry I don't have time to take the bait you're trolling with.
Iniquity is knowing something is a sin and doing it anyway. God abhors iniquity...just asl Sodom and Gomorrah. powdr
Originally Posted by IZH27
HC
You blasted onto this board two years ago. You frequently requested that people contact you by PM so that you could instruct them. You have presented yourself as a teacher/evangelist where matters of the Gospel are concerned.

Donā€™t stop there. He also presented his self as:

Sensei martial arts expert
Nutritional expert
Medical expert
Designer and builder of packs
Backpacking expert

Not much he donā€™t spurt about.
Does god sin?ā€™

Then I donā€™t sin, since he made me in godā€™s likeness.

Iā€™m GTG.

Except that everyone sins. If that makes you feel better about yourself good try though
Originally Posted by DBT
Does god sin?ā€™

It wasn't a stupid question, not if we consider the descriptions of god we have in the OT.

It was a stupid question, and an answer most have known since 6th grade.
2 Corinthians 5:21
New Living Translation
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
HC.

It isnā€™t trolling to point out the obvious.

Edited to add: HC. Do you sin?
I find it interesting how often the God of the Old Testament is surprised and angered by events he apparently didn't see coming, and that he regrets decisions he's made. Hard to reconcile that with an omnipotent being.
I think these kinds of observations/questions are good, insightful, honest, and legitimate. My thoughts in regards to your post is why can't God be both omniscient and capable of regret...? Why must those characteristics be mutually exclusive...? The ability to know things ahead of time doesnā€™t necessarily exclude the possibility of having an emotional response such as regret when they occur. I knew ahead of time my kids were gonna crash and get scraped up, but I still encouraged them to learn how to ride bicycles. And when they did crash and get scraped up, I had an emotional response to it.

Being a parent is far from being a God though. You didn't know ahead of time how your kids would screw up, or why they did it. Nor did you create your kids in the way the Biblical God created people, and you didn't create all the circumstances surrounding them. Even so, we still hold parents somewhat responsible for their children's behavior. I can't see any honest way to reconcile the different versions of God in the Old Testament. If it makes sense to other people though, I have no problem with that.
Originally Posted by DBT
Does god sin?ā€™

New Living Translation
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

Answers designed to comfort 6th graders are not necessarily valid explanations or resolutions for contradictions.
Originally Posted by DBT
Does god sin?ā€™

New Living Translation

Correct. I, too, believed the bullshit in 6th grade. Iā€™ve grown up since then.
Sometimes we have to hit ,"Rock bottom, before we see the light',
xxclaro, I think many people share your perception. And I can see why people might have that perception. If it doesnā€™t make sense to you/them, I have no problem with that. I think God experiences emotions, even though He is omniscient and omnipotent. And I see no contradictions at all pertaining to that.
Sometimes we have to hit ,"Rock bottom, before we see the light',

Like eating paste with a ā€œfriendā€ over the phone?

LOL
xxclaro, I think many people share your perception. And I can see why people might have that perception. If it doesnā€™t make sense to you/them, I have no problem with that. I think God experiences emotions, even though He is omniscient and omnipotent. And I see no contradictions at all pertaining to that.

You canā€™t feel emotion and not sin.
Originally Posted by DBT
Does god sin?ā€™

New Living Translation

Correct. I, too, believed the bullshit in 6th grade. Iā€™ve grown up since then.

Obviously not.
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Does god sin?ā€™

New Living Translation

Answers designed to comfort 6th graders are not necessarily valid explanations or resolutions for contradictions.

Many times they are though.
I do think that God felt regret and remorse seeing His Son tortured and crucified, even though it was His plan all along. Even though He knew ahead of time that this was going to happen, I do think it still broke His heart, and caused Him pain and sorrow. And I see no contradictions at all pertaining to that.
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Does god sin?ā€™

New Living Translation

Many times they are though.

But not necessarily in this instance, which is why theology is still being debated, even amongst believers.
You can debate 'til the cows come home. Doesn't change the truth.

I'm 99% sure that Mary Magdalene taste tested his manna...

You say some offensive things but that is the worst yet.

Nobody has shared their point of view regarding my question.

I shared with you God's point of view.
Watch the video in the OP.
If you have further questions there are two links in my signature and feel free to follow up PM.
Good night
He'll forgive you if you truly repent. Next question.
Did God create man or did man create God? We know with certitude that man created a great many other gods and so far there is little to nothing in terms of factual evidence to back up the existence of any of them. Some like to say that without God there is no morality and no rules to follow, which results in the rule of wickedness, but this doesn't appear to have any factual basis either. Morals and ethics can and do exist in the absence of theism. Deontology, Utilitarianism, Moral Relativism and Virtue Ethics being the main non-deistic systems in common use.
Originally Posted by MikeReilly
Did God create man or did man create God? We know with certitude that man created a great many other gods and so far there is little to nothing in terms of factual evidence to back up the existence of any of them. Some like to say that without God there is no morality and no rules to follow, which results in the rule of wickedness, but this doesn't appear to have any factual basis either. Morals and ethics can and do exist in the absence of theism. Deontology, Utilitarianism, Moral Relativism and Virtue Ethics being the main non-deistic systems in common use.

Yeah but sounds like you are going to burn in hell, but no worries, I'll be there with many others apparently. It's a legacy for not believing in the correct, loving god.
Jesus Saves Green Stamps.
You can debate 'til the cows come home. Doesn't change the truth.

What is believed to be true is not not necessarily true. Belief alone doesn't establish truth. Which is why there are debates on theology, philosophy, semantics, etc.

No...but your buddy might.

We have been told many times here that acts will not get you into heaven. If true, so is the converse. Acts will not keep you out of heaven.

All one has to do is have faith and accept the jesus.

It works here. There are many who have the jesus but are the most hateful of people.

Thatā€™s all it takes.

Have the faith and covet!

We have been told many times here that acts will not get you into heaven. If true, so is the converse. Acts will not keep you out of heaven.

All one has to do is have faith and accept the jesus.

It works here. There are many who have the jesus but are the most hateful of people.

Thatā€™s all it takes.

Have the faith and covet!

Tammy and Jimmy agree.
if there is a such thing as a god,if there is i dont believe you can be a ass your whole life and find god 5 minutes before you die and go to heaven. live life the right way and treat people right and you may go. again, if there is such a place.
To answer the OPā€™s topic question:

Romans 6, 1-3: 1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3

John
MikeRiley noted the moral/ethical systems. If I understand them correctly those philosophies are primarily moral and or ethical and were developed as a way for man to ascend.

Similarly, modern secular progressivism is system through which man is supposed to ascend just as communism behind the iron curtain was designed.

Regardless of an acceptance of theism humans seem to recognizes a deficit or need and then develop a means of ascension.

Christianity is not primarily moral/ethical neither is it a system for ascension. Unfortunately Christianity is usually presented this way. Christianity is based in the idea that man cannot ascend because we are not able to be morally or ethically good enough.

I believe that Christianity has to be understood from that basis when considered alone or compared to other religions or philosophies.
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

Romans 6, 1-3: 1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3

John

Do you present these verses to imply that we are to rise above sinning; no longer sin?
The simple answer to the ordinal question, No.
The simple answer to the ordinal question, No.

This idiot doesnā€™t even know what using the Lordā€™s name in vain means.

Lol
Sermon by Ralph Yankee Arnold

HC.

Do you sin?
We all sin.
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

John

Do you present these verses to imply that we are to rise above sinning; no longer sin?

That we are to STRIVE to rise above sinning. God gave us free will. We can choose to sin or not. God certainly prefers that we do not and indeed commands us to not sin but knows us well enough to know that we will. I would prefer that I do not sin, but fail at my efforts daily, but thankfully, God gave his only son to pay the penalty for my transgressions. Read Romans 5 and 6. Paul is saying that just because we have Godā€™s grace provided by Christā€™ crucifixion and resurrection, that does not mean we have carte blanche to sin, but rather that we should strive to not sin.

John
Well said John. Agree 100%
HC.

Do you sin?

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Since I obeyed the gospel as described so clearly in the video above...

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Watch the video for details before it's too late.
HC.

Do you sin?

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Is that a yes? I donā€™t know if itā€™s a yes or no since I donā€™t communicate through videos.
Originally Posted by srwshooter
If there is a such thing as a god, if there is I don't believe you can be an ass your whole life and find god 5 minutes before you die and go to heaven. Live life the right way and treat people right and you may go. Again, if there is such a place.

Youā€™re certainly not alone in feeling that way. MANY people can likely relate exactly to your sentiments. ā€œLive life the right way and treat people rightā€ is sound wisdom. Period.

Jesus forgave a thief dangling on a cross near death, knowing full well the thief had converted out of plain fear. His life was deemed so worthless that it wasnā€™t even seen as being fit to be worked to death on a Roman galley. That thief would never study the Bible, never attend a church, and never make amends to those he had wronged. He simply said, ā€œJesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.ā€

And not because of anything heā€™d done, but in spite of everything heā€™d done. It was just a desperate plea for grace and mercy from a dying man. And Jesus promised him, ā€œToday you will be with me in paradise.ā€ Itā€™s a reminder that salvation isnā€™t about our own efforts or our good works. Godā€™s grace doesnā€™t depend on what weā€™ve done for Him, but rather on what God has done for us.
HC.

I had enough signal to pull down YouTube while driving around at work and listened to your manā€™s sermon.
HC

I listened to this sermon.

Does what this man says represent your beliefs?
You have not been freed to sin, but freed from sin, and its dominion over you.
were can i buy one of these licences?
If man dwells on "to sin or not to sin" he's doing so from a prospective of living in the world. The ultimate goal is to be in the world but not "of" the world.

That's a very difficult task,...usually only the various Monk societies actually succeed in being in the world but not of the world.

For the rest of us, we split the difference between the two while existing within various levels of each.

Young people live "in" the world. As we age, the world naturally becomes less connected to us, and as a result, we become less connected to the world.

My experience has been, that the more I age, the easier it is to be "in the world, but not of the world.

As for "sin" at this age, my primary sinful behavior is connected to maintaining a positive relationship with my fellow man. All the traditional sins have fallen by the wayside as a result of the aging process and the fact that I've participated in them until they hold no more interest for me.

So, to sum up, these days my efforts to live a relatively sin free life is centered on my ability to accept my fellow man as people worthy of my empathy and compassion.

Some make it easy. Some don;'t,....and I don't know if I'll ever reach the point of doing so which is indicated for in the Bible.

I've never been a particularly tolerant man in that regard.
HC

I revived this thread to allow HC to address questions that I have about the presenter.
Is Bill back?
HC

I revived this thread to allow HC to address questions that I have about the presenter.

Bill is at church right now currently fleecing the sheep.
Iā€™d like him to share some thoughts after his afternoon nap.
Originally Posted by srwshooter
If there is a such thing as a god, if there is I don't believe you can be an ass your whole life and find god 5 minutes before you die and go to heaven. Live life the right way and treat people right and you may go. Again, if there is such a place.

Youā€™re certainly not alone in feeling that way. MANY people can likely relate exactly to your sentiments. ā€œLive life the right way and treat people rightā€ is sound wisdom. Period.

Jesus forgave a thief dangling on a cross near death, knowing full well the thief had converted out of plain fear. His life was deemed so worthless that it wasnā€™t even seen as being fit to be worked to death on a Roman galley. That thief would never study the Bible, never attend a church, and never make amends to those he had wronged. He simply said, ā€œJesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.ā€

And not because of anything heā€™d done, but in spite of everything heā€™d done. It was just a desperate plea for grace and mercy from a dying man. And Jesus promised him, ā€œToday you will be with me in paradise.ā€ Itā€™s a reminder that salvation isnā€™t about our own efforts or our good works. Godā€™s grace doesnā€™t depend on what weā€™ve done for Him, but rather on what God has done for us.

And you would not know any of that without the Bible. Everything you know about Christ you got from the same Bible you denigrate constantly.
HC.

Do you sin?

Is that a yes? I donā€™t know if itā€™s a yes or no since I donā€™t communicate through videos.

Read the verse or do you reject the Bible.
Originally Posted by mirage243
HC

Bill is at church right now currently fleecing the sheep.

Yeah...but his butt buddy Old Hat just showed up.
OldHat, are you another Bill Stallings sock puppet? I'm guessing yes.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
OldHat, are you another Bill Stallings sock puppet? I'm guessing yes.

Has to be.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If man dwells on "to sin or not to sin" he's doing so from a prospective of living in the world. The ultimate goal is to be in the world but not "of" the world. That's a very difficult task,...usually only the various Monk societies actually succeed in being in the world but not of the world. For the rest of us, we split the difference between the two while existing within various levels of each.
Young people live "in" the world. As we age, the world naturally becomes less connected to us, and as a result, we become less connected to the world. My experience has been, that the more I age, the easier it is to be "in the world, but not of the world. As for "sin" at this age, my primary sinful behavior is connected to maintaining a positive relationship with my fellow man. All the traditional sins have fallen by the wayside as a result of the aging process and the fact that I've participated in them until they hold no more interest for me. So, to sum up, these days my efforts to live a relatively sin free life is centered on my ability to accept my fellow man as people worthy of my empathy and compassion. Some make it easy. Some don;'t,....and I don't know if I'll ever reach the point of doing so which is indicated for in the Bible. I've never been a particularly tolerant man in that regard.
Thatā€™s a good post Bristoe. To me, where youā€™ve ended up, in summation, is what it was truly about all along. Loving God and loving others. And you show your love for God by loving others. Others that God loves, others who are also the supreme object of His creation. Jesus said that was the very thing that would identify those who were truly His disciples. It ainā€™t not eating bacon, it ainā€™t sayinā€™ a creed or following rules, it ainā€™t reading the Bible or memorizing verses or goinā€™ to church. Ones love for God is *chiefly* demonstrated, illustrated, and authenticated by loving others.
Sin Boldly!
Seems so. May need to update the list.

OH
Please log on as HC to maintain continuity and context.
Originally Posted by OldHat
Everything you know about Christ you got from the same Bible you denigrate constantly.
Some followers of Jesus truly believe that the same Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead actually resides within them, and teaches them the things that God wants them to know, and helps them live the way that God wants them to live. The Holy Spirit is a teacher, a helper, and an advocateā€¦sent by God to His people. Jesus said so.
Everything you know about Christ you got from the same Bible you denigrate constantly.
Some followers of Jesus truly believe that the same Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead actually resides within them, and teaches them the things that God wants them to know, and helps them live the way that God wants them to live. The Holy Spirit is a teacher, a helper, and an advocateā€¦sent by God to His people. Jesus said so.

The story about the thief is straight from the Bible and everyone knows it. Your fan club exists not because of any truth you reveal. Your fan club exists because you enable them.
HC

Do you hold to the view of the Christian faith that this guy does, a religion grounded in Platonic philosophy?

OH

The verse is what matters.

Honestly, I don't care who you think I am. High school ramblings about sockpuppets is the sign of a weak mind.
Just my little thought, Pulling religion works better than, pushing it.

"I'd rather see a sermon any day, than hear one."

OH

Honestly, I don't care who you think I am. High school ramblings about sockpuppets is the sign of a weak mind.

Iā€™m not talking about a verse Bill.

The man in the video with which you started this thread preaches a form of Christianity that is based on Platonic philosophy.

Do you agree with him?
Why is it that Jesus attracted people who were so completely unlike Him, and so many who profess to be Christians nowadays tend to repel peopleā€¦? What made those early first century expressions of Christianity so irresistible, and the one often expressed nowadays so anemic, even repulsiveā€¦?

The story about the thief is straight from the Bible and everyone knows it. Your fan club exists not because of any truth you reveal. Your (Antlers) fan club exists because you enable them.

LOL, at least he has a fan club as opposed to you, you mentally ill puppet master.

Bill Stallings sock puppets:
Happy Camper
Western Juniper
barnabus
Old Hat
ElkSlayer91
Why is it that Jesus attracted people who were so completely unlike Him, and so many who profess to be Christians nowadays tend to repel peopleā€¦? What made those early first century expressions of Christianity so irresistible, and the one often expressed nowadays so anemic, even repulsiveā€¦?
So attractive they killed Him. "... do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?ā€
ā€œNot this Man, but Barabbas.ā€

Originally Posted by Tyrone
So attractive they killed Him. "... do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?ā€
Those were the self-proclaimed devout ā€˜religiousā€™ people to whom you refer, and those who were manipulated and controlled by the self-proclaimed devout ā€˜religiousā€™ people.

Iā€™m referring to those who chose to simply follow Jesus.
Those were the ā€˜religiousā€™ people to whom you refer, and those who were manipulated and controlled by the ā€˜religiousā€™ people.

Yep, Sadducees and Pharisees. The false Jews, the vipers HE whipped out of the Holy Temple. Todays Bolsheviks, like Gates, Soros, Schwab, Rockefeller, Rothschild.

He knew their father, the murderer. Their father Cain, whose gifts God hated. The result of Satan, the greatest angel, who God said scattered his seed of tares in with Gods seed of wheat. Adam had GODS seed. In Luke, God said Adam was His son. He had Gods seed. God knew what Cain was. A viper. The first murderer.
PS. PP asked JESUS if He was the King of the Jews. JESUS said, "Thats what you say".

JESUS was not the king of the Jews. HE IS The King (of ALL).

OH

Iā€™m not talking about a verse Bill.

The man in the video with which you started this thread preaches a form of Christianity that is based on Platonic philosophy.

Do you agree with him?
Paging HC.

Do you agree with this preachers message of Platonic Philosophy?
A question about the message in the sermon. When the guy is explaining Ephesians 2 he was very confusing when addressing faith. Rather than conveying the idea of the text that faith is gifted he implies that faith is an act of the individual.

Do you agree with him that faith is an act of the person that must be exerted to be truly saving and to sustain a person in the Christian faith?
A question about the message in the sermon. When the guy is explaining Ephesians 2 he was very confusing when addressing faith. Rather than conveying the idea of the text that faith is gifted he implies that faith is an act of the individual.

Do you agree with him that faith is an act of the person that must be exerted to be truly saving and to sustain a person in the Christian faith?

HC

Do you agree with this guy?

Depends on whether it's a Ford or a Chevy, and whether she's hot.
HC

Nutritional expert
Medical expert
Backpacking expert

That's right. He'll offer an opinion on just about anything. For example, the best boots for an Alaskan sheep hunt. And then if you ask him if he's ever been sheep hunting in AK, he disappears.

Because all the googling in the world can't help him answer that one.
Originally Posted by smokepole
HC

Nutritional expert
Medical expert
Backpacking expert

That's right. He'll offer an opinion on just about anything. For example, the best boots for an Alaskan sheep hunt. And then if you ask him if he's ever been sheep hunting in AK, he disappears.

Because all the googling in the world can't help him answer that one.

Expert dick sucker is on his resume.

This is one of the ealiest heresies, one that is still popular today among various Protestant sects. It's known as the Nicolaitan Heresy. Basically, their heresy is as follows: Since Christ died for our sins, we can do whatever we want because our sins are forgiven and paid for by Christ. There's no need to confess sins or to even avoid them. IOW, a bunch of libertines.

https://www.theopedia.com/nicolaitans
He obviously gives priests a license to molest little boys and girls. Especially when the rest of the catholic leadership and followers covers it up.
After all, the priests are doing gods work.
Lamentations 3:40
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Lamentations 3:40
I like that. Thanks for the reminder. Somethinā€™ to be said for making a searchinā€™ and fearless moral inventory of oneselfā€¦seeinā€™ and knowinā€™ when somethinā€™ doesnā€™t line upā€¦and doinā€™ whatcha gotta do to do better.
Being non-denominational, especially without the sacrament of Confession, means never having to say you're sorry.
God forbid.

HC

HC

I agree with his gift analogy and his understanding that makes Eternal life the object, the gift of God.
I don't believe that faith is the gift in Ephesians 2.
Paul explains to believers the basis of the gift of God.

"That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Saved through faith. Salvation is the gift. God provides it through faith in His Son, namely the atonement once for all that some of us will celebrate.
Being non-denominational, especially without the sacrament of Confession, means never having to say you're sorry.

Really?ā€¦.do you walk on water too? šŸ˜

This is one of the ealiest heresies, one that is still popular today among various Protestant sects. It's known as the Nicolaitan Heresy. Basically, their heresy is as follows: Since Christ died for our sins, we can do whatever we want because our sins are forgiven and paid for by Christ. There's no need to confess sins or to even avoid them. IOW, a bunch of libertines.

https://www.theopedia.com/nicolaitans

Ever been to Mardigras?
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Ever been to Mardigras?
Yes. It's like St Patrick's Day, where a bunch of drunken fools pretend to be Irish Catholic.
1) i am an evangelical fundamentalist believer in Yeshuah Messiah as my Savior.
2) the title of this thread is one of the silliest straw horse invitations i have ever seen; the issue was settled more than 2,000 years ago by the actual apostles themselves, in black and white (black and parchment or papyrus, rather). no preacher can express it better.
3) quoting the Bible to non-believers is pointless.
4) the apostles and disciples had no Bibles; they were sent to tell what they personally had seen and heard.
5) a believer describing what he personally has seen and heard (experienced in his faith) is vastly more compelling to someone with open mind and heart, seeing eyes, and listening ears.
6) secular forums are pretty much deaf, dumb, blind, and near about heartless, where faith is concerned.
7) so ...

HC

I agree with his gift analogy and his understanding that makes Eternal life the object, the gift of God.

"That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Saved through faith. Salvation is the gift. God provides it through faith in His Son, namely the atonement once for all that some of us will celebrate.

Thanks for explaining your view. Later in his sermon he contrasts the inner and outer man. He advances the idea that the inner man is without sin being made new. Do you agree with his teaching?
Originally Posted by fish30ought6
ā€¦quoting the Bible to non-believers is pointless.
Pretty much, since non-believers donā€™t accept the authority of the Bible.
ā€¦the apostles and disciples had no Bibles; they were sent to tell what they personally had seen and heard.
Yep.
ā€¦a believer describing what he personally has seen and heard (experienced in his faith) is vastly more compelling to someone with an open mind and heart, seeing eyes, and listening ears.
Yep. The Apostles and disciples themselves described what they had personally seen and heard, and they were clearly effective in spreading the Gospel, especially in some exceedingly difficult and dangerous times for those who chose to follow Jesus.

HC

Thanks for explaining your view. Later in his sermon he contrasts the inner and outer man. He advances the idea that the inner man is without sin being made new. Do you agree with his teaching?
Someone probably already posted something like this - apologies for any repeat.

If ever I had such a license I don't know where I got it or where it is. Not needed - I've been a sinner for certain - the free-will provided by God enabled it.

HC

HC

I will simplify and try to clarify what I believe.
At the new birth (faith in Christ), the spirit of man is quickened/ made alive. The flesh is where the old man and the sin nature resides. Hence Paul's comment on his struggle in the epistle to the Corinthians. Believers continue to sin throughout their time upon this earth until the body is separated from the soul & spirit. In heaven the believer will no longer have a sin nature.
The old man was left behind.

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]
License to Sin Boldly Regular price
$5.00

https://oldlutheran.com/products/license-to-sin-boldly
At the new birth (faith in Christ), the spirit of man is quickened/ made alive. The flesh is where the old man and the sin nature resides. Hence Paul's comment on his struggle in the epistle to the Corinthians. Believers continue to sin throughout their time upon this earth until the body is separated from the soul & spirit. In heaven the believer will no longer have a sin nature.

Thanks

Iā€™m trying to figure out the school of thought that view comes from. The fella strikes me as some kind of Baptist. What is the denominational or theological school of thought behind your formal training?
Romans 6

Ok, you flakey mf'er. You are so full of sheit.

Thanks

Iā€™m trying to figure out the school of thought that view comes from. The fella strikes me as some kind of Baptist. What is the denominational or theological school of thought behind your formal training?

Thanks

I would PM rather than bumping the thread but canā€™t because Iā€™m blocked.

Iā€™m trying to figure out the origin of this school of thought. The fella strikes me as some kind of Baptist? What is the denominational or theological school of thought behind your formal training?

Ralph Arnold was pastor of Calvary Community Church of Tampa, Florida until a couple years ago.
I would say that he's doctrinally baptist, because he believes in the preservation of the Bible, eternal salvation/ once saved always saved and baptism by immersion.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
The courageous bearer of false witness and slander. āˆ†
How brave to post defamatory memes.
Noticed that you especially"liked" the Easter thread.
/\The courageous bearer of false witness and slander.

Or we just don't like you Bill.

Did you suck the Easte Bunny's dick this morning?

Ralph Arnold was pastor of Calvary Community Church of Tampa, Florida until a couple years ago.
I would say that he's doctrinally baptist, because he believes in the preservation of the Bible, eternal salvation/ once saved always saved and baptism by immersion.

Are you doctrinally Baptist? I am a bit familiar with Missionary Baptist doctrine. A bit more with Separate Baptist and general Baptist and a good bit about Southern Baptist? Is one of those your background?

Anyone who believes anything Happy Camper says is a fool.

6/23/20 ā€“ (Happy Camper rants on long haired Jesus pictures. Has another homo fantasy. HC thinks about homosā€¦.alot.)
"The idea that Jesus had long hair does NOT COME FROM THE BIBLE. It comes from homo-sodomite artists that enjoyed painting naked men with long hair. During the Renaissance long hair was the fashion of these queers commissioned to paint "Jesus", which is another Jesus....a wicked substitute of their imagination."

8/16/21 ā€“ (Happy Camper narrowly escapes death at the hands of preachers.)
ā€œIt reminds me of the time I was staying the week with some preachers while seeing a week at a Church near Fort Worth Texas. This was back when I taught Sunday school, but hadn't considered ever Preaching. At 3-4 AM I was woken up with a pillow crushed against my face and two of the preachers holding my arms down, so I would smother to death.ā€

6/17/20 ā€“ (Happy Camper survives being poisoned by his girlfriend (unfortunately)
"Good news is that it had a happy ending because I survived. I came within an inch of my life as organ failure set in. I'm grateful that God miraculously brought a vision of charcoal to my mind and where to find it. Then he gave me enough strength to drag myself off my back, get to it and eat it before dying. It absorbed the poison she put in the food and I recovered."

7/9/20 ā€“ (Happy Camper on LEOs and sodomy, again, his favorite subject)
"Also the same thing goes, mostly with the homo/bi troopers to those they pull over with a fog/running light out in the middle of the day. Some of the phag troopers go so far as to sodomize their victims."

7/22/20 ā€“ (The first time 8 year old Happy Camper shoots a rifle, itā€™s a 15 shot one hole group at 100 paces with an 8mm Mauser.)
ā€œReminds me of getting yelled at my first time at a range. The first rifle that was put against my shoulder as an 8 y.o. boy was a 98 M in 8mm. My target had one hole after fully loading it around 3 times. It Made mom's second husband mad for wasting all that expensive ammo. Red face, yelling, cussing, not a good first experience. He thought I missed the target altogether until we went to get a close look. Not a bad rifle at 100 long paces.ā€
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Anyone who believes anything Happy Camper says is a fool.

6/23/20 ā€“ (Happy Camper rants on long haired Jesus pictures. Has another homo fantasy. HC thinks about homosā€¦.alot.)
"The idea that Jesus had long hair does NOT COME FROM THE BIBLE. It comes from homo-sodomite artists that enjoyed painting naked men with long hair. During the Renaissance long hair was the fashion of these queers commissioned to paint "Jesus", which is another Jesus....a wicked substitute of their imagination."

8/16/21 ā€“ (Happy Camper narrowly escapes death at the hands of preachers.)
ā€œIt reminds me of the time I was staying the week with some preachers while seeing a week at a Church near Fort Worth Texas. This was back when I taught Sunday school, but hadn't considered ever Preaching. At 3-4 AM I was woken up with a pillow crushed against my face and two of the preachers holding my arms down, so I would smother to death.ā€

6/17/20 ā€“ (Happy Camper survives being poisoned by his girlfriend (unfortunately)
"Good news is that it had a happy ending because I survived. I came within an inch of my life as organ failure set in. I'm grateful that God miraculously brought a vision of charcoal to my mind and where to find it. Then he gave me enough strength to drag myself off my back, get to it and eat it before dying. It absorbed the poison she put in the food and I recovered."

7/9/20 ā€“ (Happy Camper on LEOs and sodomy, again, his favorite subject)
"Also the same thing goes, mostly with the homo/bi troopers to those they pull over with a fog/running light out in the middle of the day. Some of the phag troopers go so far as to sodomize their victims."

7/22/20 ā€“ (The first time 8 year old Happy Camper shoots a rifle, itā€™s a 15 shot one hole group at 100 paces with an 8mm Mauser.)
ā€œReminds me of getting yelled at my first time at a range. The first rifle that was put against my shoulder as an 8 y.o. boy was a 98 M in 8mm. My target had one hole after fully loading it around 3 times. It Made mom's second husband mad for wasting all that expensive ammo. Red face, yelling, cussing, not a good first experience. He thought I missed the target altogether until we went to get a close look. Not a bad rifle at 100 long paces.ā€

Yep, the little dick sucker is full of sheit.
4) the apostles and disciples had no Bibles; they were sent to tell what they personally had seen and heard.
Of course Jesus knew, just as the apostles did, that eye witnesses were only good for their lifetimes. Then continued spread of the word would require written words. Paul was chosen to be the major author along with several of the original apostles and others, including some who's names have been lost. The Holy Spirit guided what they wrote and also guided the men who made the ultimate decision of what would be included in the Bible. There were piles of other writings that didn't make the cut. Only God knows the reason. We know that some had errors or outright lies and those were all rejected. But there were others that are generally accepted as true that the Spirit didn't include. He probably knew that they did have errors that we don't recognize.
© 24hourcampfire