Home
Still on an email list for this guy... Brock Robinson.

Not looking for myself any longer, but am trying to help various folks find a bit of elbow room.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

169 ares at $380k

Around $2,450 per acre.

Little cheaper than I would have expected.

Link with pic and details

What's 168+/- acres running in y'alls neighborhood?

Don't ever forget... Virginia politics run this Commonwealth... Conservative to Communist about every 4 years. TOTALLY UNPREDICTABLE PLACE TO CHOOSE AS FINAL.
My cousin is looking for rural property in Texas right now.

Much higher than even a year or so back.

Land is $8k-$15k per acre.

He just THOUGHT he had enough money... eek
168 acres would set you back $2 to 3 million around here these days, closer to 3 if most of it was wooded.
6K - 10K here
Link does not work
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Nephew bought 8 acres about 20 miles S of Abilene 3 years ago with HWY frontage. $5K an acre. Now the neighbors places is $12K an Acre.

Little Brother bought 13 acres over by The Perdanales Falls State Park 3 years ago. $20K per acre. He’s said it’s doubled since then.
I just sold my 10 acre camp for 60K. I did a little market research first. 10-20 acre tracts were selling from a low of 3800/acre (lot of wetlands) up to 10K/acre. The average across 13 properties was 6700/acre.
Land like I would want is so far away I don't even look anymore.

Powerball winnings needed kinda thing.
Don't play, so...
The rural county i live in is divided into 2 school districts.

Split like 75%/25% of lane area.

The smaller is the better school district.

Really drives up the price of land. Prolly 2-3k / acre or more of you are buying a lot in a “country” subdivision.

I live it the larger school district area. I actually went to school there. Things have changed in 25 years.

Bare ground cutover can be found for $1000 / acre still.
Prolly avgs 1500-2500 according to timber.

Around here you have to drive out of the county for work, shopping, healthcare. Etc.
Currently triple what I paid. Californians and Yankees don't need any help. There is an army of real estate agents on the job.

I asked one where she planned to move to after she sold her home town. She said anywhere but there. I don't think she knows how few places there are left like what her home town was.

I know more lawyers I don't mind than real estate agents.
Western South Dakota is going up. Depends on how close to the Black Hills you want to be. Low end is around $4,500. High end is over $20,000
$3,000 per acre.

Interesting irregular boundary. It seems like it would cost a fortune to survey.
Undevloped land in Central AR is $900 to $1200 an acre. Just bought an adjoining 10 acres for $90K.
With highway access, water and mineral rights a parcel that size would run $200,000 - $250,000 per acre. There is a 158 acre place for sale on the valley floor near us asking $35,000,000. Remote, undeveloped land can go as low as $50,000 per acre. In town has gone insane. A 1.09 acre wooded lot over the river by my sister's place just went for $3,500,000.
Originally Posted by t185
Link does not work

His links are crappy like that... drop me a PM with an email address and I will forward the actual email... if you are interested.

Otherwise cut and paste below.

Click on the link below to open your web browser and see the properties from Brock Robinson. If the link below is not live, you may need to copy and paste the link into the address bar of your browser to see the properties.

This link will expire in 30 days.
View Listing(s):
https://www.navicamls.net/displays/?i=774787&k=VnL64&n=287&p=1

Listing #48120 on Off of Trents Mill Rd, Appomattox, VA 24522, List Price $379,900 (New Listing)

To unsubscribe to solicited e-mail communications regarding properties, please <a href="http://www.navicamls.net/unsubscribe/unsubscribe.aspx?n=287">click here.</a>

Brock Robinson
State Wide Realty Co.
[email protected]
It’s gone nuts in my area in the last few year. Desirable small acre tracts are $15-20k per, larger tracts still bringing $6-10k. Small tracts I looked at a few years ago selling for 50-100% more now just 3-4 years later. Lots of Californians and other out of staters moving in and spending big money on construction and improvements
Small farm down th he road was just auctioned off today. My son was hoping to be in the running for the house and six acres. His max was 200k. Sold for 252.5k.
66.5 acre tract sold for 640k.
7.5 acre tract with a few trees, weeds and brush went for 32.5k.
you can get land in the sticks in Alabama for $2k / acre, at that price roads may be iffy though. probably no well, city water or power either.

the closer you get to town it goes to an average of about $12k an acre for a paved road. add a house and a pond, it increases for the land, regardless of the house value.

put it on the river and it triples or more.
Minimum $3,000 here for sorry land. I bought in 1987 for $400 an acre with 3/4 mile of navigable water frontage. Only drawback is that anyone can boat right up to it. Well marked to advise folks to not get out of their boats.
156 next to me is for sale. Flat. One mud hole pond. Overgrown
Sumac, multiflora rise, hedge trees, $4500/acre. We are a few miles from town and 2 north of the interstate. Location is driving the price.

30 miles out farm ground is selling for $4500.

My buddy offered $4k in 40 of brush for deer hunting. He got outbid.
$5-10k+ per acre

Lay of land, creeks, railroad right of ways cutting through and how close any utilities are adjust where price will fall.
Originally Posted by Salmonella

I suspect that's why our friends are still in Napa.

Own a lot of land.
Here in northeast Missouri good farm ground was selling for around 6k-7k and acre. Just north of us a few miles is a Corps of Engineers lake, Mark Twain Lake and some land that borders the easement sold for 18k an acre. My neighbor just priced 20 acres at 14k and it will surprise if it last long and it's just a flat weed patch. Right now there is no end in sight with so many people buying land that live in the St. Loius area and seem to have money to spend. They come here for a weekend getaway.
Rural PA starts at just under $3000 per acre but your are buying the side of a mountain. I just bought 80 acres of 30/70 ag fields / woods, gently rolling, for $3500 per. A couple days after I closed in the property, there was a not on the gate asking me if I wanted to sell. Did not pursue it obviously.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
The rural county i live in is divided into 2 school districts.

Split like 75%/25% of lane area.

The smaller is the better school district.

Really drives up the price of land. Prolly 2-3k / acre or more of you are buying a lot in a “country” subdivision.

I live it the larger school district area. I actually went to school there. Things have changed in 25 years.

Bare ground cutover can be found for $1000 / acre still.
Prolly avgs 1500-2500 according to timber.

Around here you have to drive out of the county for work, shopping, healthcare. Etc.

I have found some very attractively priced parcels in the northern third of MS. This one interests me quite a bit.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Hester-Rd_Mathiston_MS_39752_M93026-88226
It’s doubled in the past year

https://www.landwatch.com/kootenai-county-idaho-undeveloped-land-for-sale/pid/412041299

Lucky to find unimproved forested land for under 60k an acre now
$18,000, and up!
Asking "what rural land in your area costs" is like asking, "what does a truck cost." It depends what truck we're talking about.

Here, between $5,000 - $750,000 per acre is about the right answer.
Originally Posted by ribka

https://www.landwatch.com/bonner-county-idaho-homes-for-sale/pid/412104724

Lucky to find unimproved forested land for under 50 k an acre now

this^ only Boundary county.
The eight acre lot next to me is priced at $41,000 an acre. Crazy. Just sagebrush and tumbleweed.
No improvements, no stream or pond, not commercial.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
What's 168+/- acres running in y'alls neighborhood?

Not nearly enough- - - - -the damyankees can still afford it. I've got new neighbors on 125 acres across the road from Baltimore, of all places!
About 3.5 million dollars. We don't have hunting ground,it's very intensively farmed and selling for about $22000 an acre. And if someone really wants it, a lot more.
With live water that would be a $4M+ piece of property here in the Texas Hill Country.
Originally Posted by Journeyman
With highway access, water and mineral rights a parcel that size would run $200,000 - $250,000 per acre. There is a 158 acre place for sale on the valley floor near us asking $35,000,000. Remote, undeveloped land can go as low as $50,000 per acre. In town has gone insane. A 1.09 acre wooded lot over the river by my sister's place just went for $3,500,000.

California?
Well, it's getting more California every year...

Wood River Valley, Idaho
Neighbor had 40 acre lot for sale, sold it for 1.9 mil. [bleep] retarded
I own a chunk of land back in my native CO. Own it free and clear and it has a water tap, sewer tap and power on site. Every time I think about selling it I remember how much it will cost me to replace it. I retire in 7 years and will probably put a small house on it and split my time between CO and TX with my residence in TX for tax purposes.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

DAMN...

What would property taxes be on 40 acres there?

I pay $682 a year on 350 acres in WV... as a general baseline for others. It is undeveloped (as far as they know... more next year when I turn on the power at the buildings.)

Virginia taxes much higher.

Originally Posted by MAC
I own a chunk of land back in my native CO. Own it free and clear and it has a water tap, sewer tap and power on site. Every time I think about selling it I remember how much it will cost me to replace it. I retire in 7 years and will probably put a small house on it and split my time between CO and TX with my residence in TX for tax purposes.

Sounds like a very good plan.

DAMN...

What would property taxes be on 40 acres there?

I pay $682 a year on 350 acres in WV... as a general baseline for others. It is undeveloped (as far as they know... more next year when I turn on the power at the buildings.)

Virginia taxes much higher.

I’d have to look. I only have 10, and it’s 3k+
Was just looking on a real estate website. There's a 212 acre farm complete with 2700 sq. ft. 6 bedroom farmhouse and barn for sale right now in Maryland NY for 355K.
Here in SW MI my dad bought his 100 acres at $2500/acre 8 years ago. He walked into a good deal considering it's 30min west of Grand Rapids. Who knows what it would go for now.
Here in the northern Catskills, it’s 1300 to 2800 per acre for large tracts of remote unimproved land. Obviously it’s more the less remote and closer to electric. We got in 7 years ago at 1k for our 200+ acre tract but had power adjacent to a corner of the property (where we established our driveway) and the local town plows the road to our driveway which is a very big deal. Yes, we have to put up with NY politics and taxes, but we couldn’t duplicate what we have here without spending a significant multiple of the money we have into the place. Although we bought it as a hunting camp, we will retire here.
Four years ago, we bought 28 acres with 1400’ of river frontage for $2600/ac.
This is in south central Michigan, 23 miles from Lansing.
The house sits on a split off 2ac. piece.
We just rejected an unsolicited offer of $5000+\ac for the 26ac. parcel.
I told him to come back in 20+ years when I am done with it.
They are asking 50K for a 36 acre lot with no improvements that borders my parcel in Arizona.
The Property has High Tension Wires running right threw the middle of it and it is a Gigantic Rock pile.
So the lot is pretty much unbuildable and not good for planting under the wires.
Land is skyrocketing in my area too. Lots of folks looking. Apparently a lot of people have a lot of money. The people who never took money seriously will not be able to get much anymore.
Originally Posted by 19352012
About 3.5 million dollars. We don't have hunting ground,it's very intensively farmed and selling for about $22000 an acre. And if someone really wants it, a lot more.
If you borrowed the money at 4% that would be $880 and then the taxes. If you used your own money I'm guessing you would hope to make 4% or more on your investment. Sounds hard to make it work. Maybe inflation in value is where you make it in the long run.

What does Iowa land lease for if you let someone else farm it?
Live in eastern iowa and timber is going between 9k -11k an acre. Farm ground just made news for record sale at $22,500 an acre for a 160 tract.

Makes it tough to find anything to buy unless your family already has it.
Originally Posted by deerstalker

This ^ only Bonner county.
39 acres a mile up the road sold for $750000, gullies and rough ground only 11 acres till able .Family pissing match at the auction
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Salmonella

I suspect that's why our friends are still in Napa.

Own a lot of land.

I probably know them Jim.
A quarter section of common unsightly rural farm land would be about $160-200k.

The somewhat rare quarter section with a 'view' or good bird hunting would be 2-3x as much.
Originally Posted by EdM

Kootenai is even more expensive. An acre I bought on a local lake has tripled in value since May 2020. I get a few unsolicited offers a month from realtors to purchase
In 1962 the Fred Finger farm with two Harvester silos, an acre of concrete, and a newer house sold for 400an acre.

A friend said, at 6 percent interest, that;s 24 dollars an acre! laugh
250-300 on ours, all depends on yield. That's eastern iowa.
Last year I bought 15 acres for $4,000 an acre . It backs up to 600 acres of COE land down to lakefront . Rough land in the area was selling for $2500 an acre Sardis near Oxford Mississippi . Right now its not much for sale and prices have gone outrageous .
A good family friend said, keep your money green.
There is land in my area of Kentucky that would sell for 600 to 800 per acre. It is pretty much up and down with little bottom land, but it's good deer hunting and has timber.
Originally Posted by Schmidtx2

Where in Eastern Iowa for that price
Originally Posted by blanket

Maybe he was talking rent per acre or bushels of corn per acre although 250 bushels would be tough to average and 300 sure would. At $5 per bushel corn it does not add up to pay for land with corn.
Originally Posted by EdM

Kootenai is even more expensive. An acre I bought on a local lake has tripled in value since May 2020. I get a few unsolicited offers a month from realtors to purchase

We get monthly letters as well. Thankfully we bought the first with house in 2005 and the second, land only, in 2008.

If you have access to the money printer it makes total sense.

Clayton county
Originally Posted by Hastings

Maybe he was talking rent per acre or bushels of corn per acre although 250 bushels would be tough to average and 300 sure would. At $5 per bushel corn it does add up to pay for land with corn.

Yes rent.
The lot next to me is 6 acres and just sold for $210,000 bare land, The lot and the end of my road just sold for $300,000 for 10 acres again bare land..
Prices have tripled the past two years
NW Montana
The 100 acres we bought in 1983, and paid off the house we built and the land in 2011 has increased in value X10+ since then. Of course, we got a racehorse deal on it back then. Harvesting some timber and having a construction loan that we converted to a 15 year mortgage was a really good choice.

Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The 100 acres we bought in 1983, and paid off the house we built and the land in 2011 has increased in value X10+ since then. Of course, we got a racehorse deal on it back then. Harvesting some timber and having a construction loan that we converted to a 15 year mortgage was a really good choice.

Nice, but the OP was asking what land cost in your area today.
We paid $4K an acre 7 years or so back. The lot next to me just sold 4-5 months ago. Think it went for $26K an acre plus it had a condemned house on it the new owner had to demolish and haul away. Our lot is 42 acres of big timber. The neighbors lot is cleared of all trees and has a nice size garage left standing. Can't be worth more than $15K. So removing the garage his land cost roughly $24K an acre.
Roughly a 600% increase in 7 years.
Originally Posted by Brad
Asking "what rural land in your area costs" is like asking, "what does a truck cost." It depends what truck we're talking about.

Here, between $5,000 - $750,000 per acre is about the right answer.

Spot on.

And everybody has a different idea of what "rural" means. I drove past some ground for sale the other day that was $990,000 for 100 acres. It's 45 miles (an hour drive in good conditions) from any real stores and hospital. Doesn't have much for timber on it either. Mostly it's pasture with some hay potential and fairly level. Winters can be kind of long in that location also. Seemed awful spendy for what it is, but land is crazy expensive right now.
Land in middle Georgia is selling good at the moment. 24 acres that borders 270 acres of mine sold for $4k an acre and I really wanted it. I offered $3k cash per acre and was told by serveral timber - land investors that was $500 - $1k over what the land was actually worth. Hopefully I'll get a chance at it again when things get back to normal, if they ever do.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

Nice, but the OP was asking what land cost in your area today.

I wouldn't expect much in terms of reading comprehension from him.
Gonna be interesting to see if prices hold. We haven’t seen the increases that down south has, but we are usually a little bit behind. Have has some waterfront properties sell in the 800k range, (homes, dock) sight unseen lately. I always felt that a lot of remote property in my area was very undervalued for what you got.
In 1981 5 buddies and myself bought 112 acres in East Branch (Delaware County) New York in the western Catskills. We got tired of losing deer leases with price increases. It costs $22K which worked out to a little less than $200/acre. The land is a flagpole lot and is steep, mostly up and down. Deer hunting is OK, not great. We have about 120' of river frontage on the East Branch River, an organized crime figure who borders us owns 2000 acres, Donald Trump Jr. owns a chitty little house at the end of the road. A neighbor sold 1100 acres to the State and we now border that land, it tough to get to.

We logged it twice for $120K (50/50 split with logger) and was going to sign sign a fracking contract till douche bag Governor Cuomo banned fracking. We were told the land is worth about $125K which is about $1100/acre. We were going to sell the land since we are all in our 60's (2 partners have died). I think we will hold on to it in the slim hope fracking comes back! Flat farm land in the same area is a lot more.

I wish I had enough money to buy that Jersey shore property back in the day, I would be in high cotton right now if I did!
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Land in middle Georgia is selling good at the moment. 24 acres that borders 270 acres of mine sold for $4k an acre and I really wanted it. I offered $3k cash per acre and was told by serveral timber - land investors that was $500 - $1k over what the land was actually worth. Hopefully I'll get a chance at it again when things get back to normal, if they ever do.

"Worth" is subjective.

Evidently the land, when sold, had a worth of $4k per acre.

In today's land prices, the value isn't necessarily what you can get income from on an annual basis, but rather what you can make when you sell it. The land itself is the investment. Waiting to see blue sky from ag/timber use, you may be there awhile... wink
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

In August I bought 23 acres south of Dublin - $2400/acre. The asking price was $3K per acre.
I bought 25 acres for $107,500 in July 2020, it's currently worth in the neighborhood of $250,000+/-.
This is about 12miles outside a rapidly growing college town and the growth is moving towards my property.
My property will likely eventually be in the city limits and at that point will be $50,000+ an acre at that point.

Put 15% down and 85% financed for 20 years at 4.3%, they issue a 1%+/- dividend back each year.

Western, KY Land for Sale
$7000.00 - $35,000.00 Farm ground - Homesite

It depends on where you are looking in Texas.

FWIW, I just sold my dad's 640 acre ranch in the south Texas brush country (with a 3BR/2bath house, barn, corral, 3 stock tanks, and a [deep] Carrizo aquifer well) for $3300/acre. Pretty sure it runs about that price, maybe a touch less without improvements, out west in the Rock Springs area. But, get north of San Antonio, into the "hill country," and it does tend to get spendy.

One problem here in Texas is, since there is no state income tax, the property taxes run pretty high. An Ag exemption on any property here is practically a must, but in order to keep the exemption, you're required to annually document, and of course be prepared to prove, that the land is being used for appropriate purposes.

I was able to maintain dad's Ag exemption over the past 6 years using "wildlife management," instead of continuing to run livestock. But, it became too much, and too expensive, for me to handle on my own.
Originally Posted by rabst

It depends on where you are looking in Texas.

FWIW, I just sold my dad's 640 acre ranch in the south Texas brush country (with a 3BR/2bath house, barn, corral, 3 stock tanks, and a [deep] Carrizo aquifer well) for $3300/acre. Pretty sure it runs about that price, maybe a touch less without improvements, out west in the Rock Springs area. But, get north of San Antonio, into the "hill country," and it does tend to get spendy.

One problem here in Texas is, since there is no state income tax, the property taxes run pretty high. An Ag exemption on any property here is practically a must, but in order to keep the exemption, you're required to annually document, and of course be prepared to prove, that the land is being used for appropriate purposes.

I was able to maintain dad's Ag exemption over the past 6 years using "wildlife management," instead of continuing to run livestock. But, it became too much, and too expensive, for me to handle on my own.

Yeah, I run on an ag exemption. It's crazy expensive unless you do.

A lot of the price has to do with tract size too. Usually, the bigger the total acreage, the less $$ it'll bring. 50 to 100 acre places bring some really high prices.

I think it's people leaving the cities that are stoking the fires now. Probably won't end anytime soon.
Rural non ag land vary a lot depending on location and rather or not it’s water front and acreage bbar said. The cheapest land is in the UP and especially the West UP which is a good 12 hour plus drive from the South East Michigan population centers. Much of the land in the UP is seasonal road access only and can only be reached other than by snowmobile from roughly December to April and is propane or generator power only. Most of the Northern lower peninsula runs roughly 2k per acre for forested land with year around access and utilities at the road for small acreage 10-40 acre pieces sold mostly for putting a cabin on or deer hunting use.
I closed on 80 acres of pasture ground with a river running a half mile through it this year. Its in central KS and I am working on some habitat stuff there. Got it for $2,650 an acre which I was happy with. Had 3 bucks over 148" on cameras this year. The 148" got an arrow from my son and the other 2 were bigger. Got turkeys, bobcats, coyotes, beaver, ducks, quail and plenty of whitetails. About 30 acres of cottonwoods and cedars along river.

Its 15 miles away from a good sized town with healthcare, shopping, good motels and restaurants. No county road runs along any side of it and I have power lines going down the east side. I'm quite happy with it.
Anywhere from $1000 acre to $8000 acre depending on what exactly it is. I saw 40acres go for $32k a few years ago but it was paper company property that had been logged and was a mile from the closest power line. Pasture goes for around $5k an acre unless its a small tract then its probably around $8k an acre. 14 acres right next to me went for $42k a few months ago. It has timber and one small house site. It isn't flat so it can't be turned into pasture or be developed but it has tons of deer which all filter onto my property. I dread the day the decide to do something with it. Almost wish they would log it and sell it to me cheap. I did that with my neighbor on the other side of me.
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Anywhere from $1000 acre to $8000 acre depending on what exactly it is. I saw 40acres go for $32k a few years ago but it was paper company property that had been logged and was a mile from the closest power line. Pasture goes for around $5k an acre unless its a small tract then its probably around $8k an acre. 14 acres right next to me went for $42k a few months ago. It has timber and one small house site. It isn't flat so it can't be turned into pasture or be developed but it has tons of deer which all filter onto my property. I dread the day the decide to do something with it. Almost wish they would log it and sell it to me cheap. I did that with my neighbor on the other side of me.

You are too stupid to own land...

Refrigerator box... maybe.

Thats right. Don't come here. We have our quota of inbred morons.

I wasn't talking your family...

I was saying YOU are too stupid to own land.

I wasn't talking your family...

I was saying YOU are too stupid to own land.

That makes so much sense. How could I have ever questioned your intelligence?
© 24hourcampfire