Home
Just saw a news article stating the Salvation Army donations are way down...as much as 41% and they are having trouble getting volunteers to man their red kettles. This after them telling white people to apologize for being white and racist...along with their donation. grin

They made the mistake of sending me and envelope to donate in and send back.....I just sent them a little Xmas greeting note telling them to shove their woke philosophy and their red kettles up their sanctimonious ass. So I guess I'm one of the 41%...

At any rate they are now of course back peddling on their racist ideology .....who could have guessed that would happen?
I've been walking right by them this year. Get Woke and Go Broke......
One of the local RINO politicians was manning the kettle out front of Kroger yesterday, he said "You always drop some cash?", told him no mas, they made my mind up for me...
In the past, I’ve frequently dropped folding money in the kettles, not this year.
Yeah, that tends to happen when an organization that survives mostly on donations from a god fearing, law abiding population with a bent towards helping others, turns into a political woke machine of leftist propagandists.

They can shove their red bucket, bell, and stupid fûcking uniforms up their ass.

🦫

I think society would be better off if we all just found people in our own sphere who need help, and help them.

Belly to belly. Starve the woke beasts.
Stupid has consequences. Pandering to the welfare clan dumber than Alec Baldwin.
I have walked past a few of their red kettles like they weren't even there. I just put them on total ignore. Being a white guy, why should I give money to an organization that doesn't like me and calls me a racist. Can I use the typical snowflake excuse? You know, the one that " I'm OFFFFFENNNNDED !".
[Linked Image]
They made their bed now they can sleep in it too. They have nobody to blame but themselves.
If you want help people forget the Red Cross and Salvation Army. The Red Cross soaks up a lot of money that does not get to people needing help. Volunteers have to stay in very nice hotels and eat very well. Salvation Army has tried to backtrack but they have bitten the hand that feeds them.

Consider the Cajun Navy. I am considering applying for membership. They are all about helping and it costs them money and time to go assist in disasters. I would not be surprised if they went to Kentucky.
Originally Posted by Tarbe
I think society would be better off if we all just found people in our own sphere who need help, and help them.

That's exactly what I think.
Originally Posted by JPro

This.
Biting the hand that feeds you. How did they not think this through?
Ha! Great minds think alike, ingwe. I also sent back their mailer requesting donations but instead of money this year they got a note saying, " I will not apologize for the color of my skin. Get woke go broke. ZERO donation from me. FJB".

It was worth the cost of the stamp just to get it off my chest. Fucq the Salvation Army. St Jude's children's hospitals will be getting a larger donation this year.
[bleep] white people won't apologize or give money !
Rasis bassturds !
Send a little money to "Gods Pit Crew" in Danville Virginia. They do good work by delivering truckloads of supplies to victims natural disasters like the people in Kentucky are dealing with now. They do this with little overhead costs so your money gets to where it is needed.
Tell ya what, if they can get Allyson Tyler to stand by the pot and ring the bell at our local Publix, I'll write a check. Otherwise fugg em'
What puzzles me is, from what part of the population do they get their donations? The money isn’t coming from the folks they want to help, it’s coming from the very folks they just insulted. What kind of maroon could come up with such a stupid concept?🤬

So I have to self flagellate before I’m pure enough to pay them retribution?! Fidiots!

Me too....................not a cent.
I quit donating to them completely.
I mean I never actually did before either, but definitely will not in the future now.
Salvation Army used to be on of my favorite charities.

Not one more dime.
I just mailed out our two annual checks to our volunteer fire department and St. Judes. My company still matches though I am retired. I have always ignored the bell ringers.
FJB, FSA
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]
The red kettle bunch can kiss my rosy redneck ass. Our local VFW and American Legion posts do more to help folks in need around here than SA or Red Cross ever did. I'm a member of both posts and I believe in keeping the dollars and time I'm able to donate close to home.
I have donated generously to the Salvation Army since I was in my 20's. Not any more. Told the nice lady working the red pot in front of Walmart why. She said she'd had a thousand people tell her the same thing.

I see the head of Salvation Army has tv commercials now to try to turn their woke screw up around.
While doing some social justice and helping the poor is good, that's not the primary purpose of the Christian Church.

If a church organization's primary goal is not spreading the Gospel, they have missed the mark.
I can’t find one around here to not donate to.
What the Salvation Army has made itself a part of is even worse than just insulting those of us that have supported them through the years. They are helping the nanny state to grow. At one time the pendulum swung towards groups like theirs being one of the big sources of help for those in need. Now with the leadership taking the stand they have they are actually helping the left to grow government handouts. This is not by accident either. It was planned. The leftist/communist filth is destroying everything that might be a threat to their agenda. This is what happens when real patriotic men are not at the helm in any organization. Throw in that this group was founded as a Christian organization and it's even more disappointing to see what they have become.
It would appear that the SA is in denial as to the cause of the drop in donations.

In a statement to Fox News, the Salvation Army downplayed the idea that the controversial racism guide has hurt donations.

"We have no information to suggest that the efforts of any political action group is affecting the Red Kettle results," a Salvation Army spokesperson said. "Our units in local markets have ups and downs each year, which shouldn’t be mistaken to represent the status of our national Red Kettle campaign. We expect to have a measure of the national results in early 2022, and we are encouraged by the final tally of his year's National Commander's Red Kettle Challenge, which doubled the amount raised in 2020."
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Salvation Army used to be on of my favorite charities.

Not one more dime.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ There's a local rescue mission here. They got my money this year.
Originally Posted by Hastings
If you want help people forget the Red Cross and Salvation Army. The Red Cross soaks up a lot of money that does not get to people needing help. Volunteers have to stay in very nice hotels and eat very well. Salvation Army has tried to backtrack but they have bitten the hand that feeds them.

Consider the Cajun Navy. I am considering applying for membership. They are all about helping and it costs them money and time to go assist in disasters. I would not be surprised if they went to Kentucky.

Saw a Cajun Navy guy interviewed on Fox a few days ago. They were on their way to Kentucky.
Originally Posted by drover

"We have no information to suggest that the efforts of any political action group is affecting the Red Kettle results," a Salvation Army spokesperson said.

No need for organized political action to cause the drop. All that's needed is widespread knowledge by White folks of their stated position vis a vis Whites, and the Internet is what made that happen.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Just saw a news article stating the Salvation Army donations are way down...as much as 41% and they are having trouble getting volunteers to man their red kettles. This after them telling white people to apologize for being white and racist...along with their donation. grin

They made the mistake of sending me and envelope to donate in and send back.....I just sent them a little Xmas greeting note telling them to shove their woke philosophy and their red kettles up their sanctimonious ass. So I guess I'm one of the 41%...

At any rate they are now of course back peddling on their racist ideology .....who could have guessed that would happen?

laugh

I thought I was the only one to do that. smile

Sent it in their prepaid postage envelope too!
Back when I was AD I used to volunteer with Salvation Army as a bell ringer on during the holidays. I used to always donate as well. After their crap this year, not one more penny from me. There are others that will get my money now.
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
[Linked Image]

I am super-pi$$ed I didn't think of this.

laugh laugh
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Tell ya what, if they can get Allyson Tyler to stand by the pot and ring the bell at our local Publix, I'll write a check. Otherwise fugg em'

You like them thick I guess.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
What puzzles me is, from what part of the population do they get their donations? The money isn’t coming from the folks they want to help, it’s coming from the very folks they just insulted. What kind of maroon could come up with such a stupid concept?🤬

So I have to self flagellate before I’m pure enough to pay them retribution?! Fidiots!

The executive that made that decision will likely get a Nobel Prize as well. LOL
Originally Posted by ingwe

I don't contribute anymore.
I live in a small town and every year at Christmas time someone always pay off all the elementary school lunch debt. Great way to help young people living paycheck to paycheck that are too proud to ask for or accept help but sure could use some.
Originally Posted by Tarbe

Exactly. Two days ago a young couples house burned down. Hard working and a Hunter/fisher/trapper. Let’s just say that despite the tragedy, they have been very well taken care of by the community. We take care of our own.
I won't visit Target because they kicked the Salvation Army to the curb, but that said, I don't support the SA any longer. They screwed the pooch with that woke crap
Ditto....
i walk past too. i almost want to tell the bell ringers the reason but i figure they think they are doing a good thing so i just hold my tongue.
When I hear they have fired the person who was responsible for posting that rubbish on their website and alienating their base right before their big fundraising season I will contribute.

Of all the tone deaf, ill timed, boneheaded things to do....
I said in a previous thread about this, that the Salvation Army was one that I always donated to, often going across the street or out of my way to drop a few bucks in the kettle.
Then I saw this “woke” philosophy, calling on whites to apologize for being racist. I couldn’t believe it at first, but when I saw verification, I posted the story here.
I gotta admit, I felt a little bad, passing by the kettles. An article at Free Republic yesterday said donations are down 50%, and they’re having trouble finding folks to ring the bells. I guess maybe outfits like BLM and other black run organizations aren’t stepping up to volunteer or donate. What a surprise!
Oh well. You gotta be a little bit extra stupid to alienate the people where 90% of your money comes from.
7mm

The Red Cross...........child trafficers
Originally Posted by jorgeI

[Linked Image from img.ifunny.co]

I had to google but knew it would be worth it.
Salvation Army no longer accepting racist money on account of white people’s pictures on bills and coins!
Babylonbee has the story!
7mm

PS don’t waste your time on the stupid video!
They must have thought Black Lives Matter would pick up the slack... Not likely.
If their donations are collapsing they can rightfully blame white people for it. Because that's who they have insulted, derided, and castigated. But also who were their major donors.
Even Alison would have to tuck the bell handle between her boobs and do jumping jacks to ring it to pry any money out of my pocket!
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Salvation Army no longer accepting racist money on account of white people’s pictures on bills and coins!
Babylonbee has the story!
7mm

PS don’t waste your time on the stupid video!

LOL. Hilarious.
Play stupid games…
They can kiss my white rebel asssss

I've been looking for one of those bell ringers for a couple of weeks now so I can politely share my feelings. Haven't seen a one.
I have printed off the sorry but no money responces and have been dropping them in the buckets for 3 weeks, funny no bell ringers
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I've been looking for one of those bell ringers for a couple of weeks now so I can politely share my feelings. Haven't seen a one.

The article I saw said they were lacking 20,000 volunteers...
Sad as my father said it was the Salvation Army the helped the troops fighting in the Pacific in ww2, sad change of times
My Dad had nothing but respect for the Salvation Army. He was a WW2 vet as well.
When Johnstown PA was flooded out in the summer of ‘77, the Salvation Army was there with coffee, sandwiches and bottled water before the flood water receded.
I also remember the scandal the Red Cross had when the public found out how low the percentage was of donated money actually getting into those who needed the help most.
IIRC, it was less than 30%, while the Salvation Army was above 90%!
Well, the leftist have intentionally targeted some of America’s greatest organizations in order to do as much damage as possible. I suppose it’s no surprise here. They ruined Boy Scouts, numerous Christian Churches, and pro sports, and now this.
7mm

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have half a mind to volunteer to be a bell ringer, put a little sign on the bucket that says Non-Whites Only, or tell every white person that tries to drop in some money that The Salvation Army no longer accept donations from Racist White people.
Stunning Stupidity – The Salvation Army Discovers Meaning of Get Woke, Go Broke
Posted on December 15, 2021 by Sundance

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-discovers-meaning-of-get-woke-go-broke/
I walk by. I simply will not support someone who calls me an azzhole then asks for money. They can get some other race to support them. Riiiight...
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
My Dad had nothing but respect for the Salvation Army. He was a WW2 vet as well.
When Johnstown PA was flooded out in the summer of ‘77, the Salvation Army was there with coffee, sandwiches and bottled water before the flood water receded.
I also remember the scandal the Red Cross had when the public found out how low the percentage was of donated money actually getting into those who needed the help most.
IIRC, it was less than 30%, while the Salvation Army was above 90%!
Well, the leftist have intentionally targeted some of America’s greatest organizations in order to do as much damage as possible. I suppose it’s no surprise here. They ruined Boy Scouts, numerous Christian Churches, and pro sports, and now this.
7mm

Truth.
our local facility is getting a lot pickier about what it will accept. if it isn't almost unused or brand new, they refuse it.. or just send it to the dump...

Their version of it, is that they want to increase the quality of the items they give away to those in need.

7mmbuster's and Benchman's response to it, is also gospel truth...

my wife has experienced their pickiness when she tries to donate stuff here in town...

and then I've seen their trucks at the dump getting rid of stuff, that was donated and didn't move...

that is their definition of increasing the quality of the items given to their clients....

And the beat goes on....
Originally Posted by cisco1

The Red Cross...........child trafficers

where did you get that?

from what i have personally seen, the red cross is a good organization. i was involved with them after a tornado ripped up ringgold louisiana years ago. they also get a good rating from charitynavigator.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/530196605

the SA on the other hand does not

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/363805307
We sent a check.

Again, how many of us have not made a mistake?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We sent a check.

No mistake here, I didn’t send them a check.
Your money, do as you please.
We sent a check.

this is no mistake....by donating even knowing this was brought to light....means you agree.....bob
One more big step in the long march through the institutions.
This member of the 41% USED to contribute regularly - to the point that one year I had forgotten, I dropped a $100 in a kettle at the last minute.
No mas por este gringo!
We sent a check.

So you're okay with being labeled a racist simply because you're a white man.
no more from me they seem to be heading in the Liberal / snowflake direction .
This is the only year there hasn't been a bell ringer at our small town Wal-mart that serves the entire county.

Winning!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34bfF7b8pzg
Originally Posted by BFaucett

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Bwahahahaha! I love it. Spot on. grin
We sent a check.

Wake up man, this is No Mistake
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
One more big step in the long march through the institutions.

Bingo.
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
They must have thought Black Lives Matter would pick up the slack... Not likely.

BLM be busy buying up mansions and stuff.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by BlueDuck

BLM be busy buying up mansions and stuff.

With all that Soros money, and from other big corporations racing to see who can be the most woke.
© 24hourcampfire