Home
Well, I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body......
Entertaining

too funny.....

see many subaru's passing through the Podunk area...

I usually figure some horny lesbian headed to Moab to lick rocks...yes we call 'em 'rock lickers'

I actually bought a new Subaru in '77 or so..the wagon...twin was the 'Brat' then

Great little 4x4 car...moved to Utah with it in '79...drove in up in the back of our Hertz rental truck

The lesbian ads for Subaru prob help promote sales...for those people

I much more prefer the Golden Retriever ads myself..

Subaru does have a helluva marketing team

I'm sure they are a good & reliable vehicle...but I'll stick with my Toyoda stuff......

droopy eyelids, that guy is stoned
Is he Timothy Treadwell's brother? They talk about the same.
Posted By: Vek Re: Guys Who Drive Subarus...🤣 - 12/23/21
Had a 5-speed Forester when we lived in anchorage...that thing was amazing.
Posted By: CP Re: Guys Who Drive Subarus...🤣 - 12/23/21
I am not a Subaru guy, but I know that their AWD system outperforms their competition in the brush by a bunch. I am always amazed to find those little rigs successfully poking-up through a road that would be best described as an ATV trail. They are a catty little outfit…
Posted By: efw Re: Guys Who Drive Subarus...🤣 - 12/23/21
Originally Posted by goalie
Well, I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body......

Winner winner

Iron Man from Australia offers complete off road packages for them

Who'd a thunk ...

https://ironman4x4america.com/build-package-suited-for-2015-19-subaru-outback-bs/
I hate to admit this, but I miss our recently departed Subaru Outback.

My truck will get through pretty much anything as long as it's in 4wd and has some weight in the bed (my snowmobile, usually) but it's not really the best vehicle to use for routine things like going to the store. The old Outback, with good snow tires, was pretty much unstoppable in town and on the freeways, was really comfortable and got decent mileage (mid 20s). It also had good power with the 3.6 engine.

The car that replaced it, an Audi Allroad, is simply dangerous to drive in the snow thanks to the crappy OEM tires. I was driving it to the market a few days ago, after a pretty big snowstorm, and I was all over the road, even at a stoplight (the dang thing slid towards the curb due to ice buildup in the center of the lane). I'm going to put decent snow tires on it this week, but even with that I suspect it still won't have all the snow/ice prowess of the Subaru. XMode, in particular, is something I miss a lot.
The Mrs has an Outback with the flat 3.6 liter engine, it's scary fast when you mash the throttle.....
Have a 2019 Forrester, added a receiver hitch. Absolutely love it. Has 60,000+ miles, gets 34 mpg, does great in mud & snow. Not a lot of clearance as compared to my F150 4x4, so have to watch for that when off-road.
I wonder if he still has the " No Ragrets" tattoo on his upper chest.
I've got one. Gets 33 MPG and easy to park, My 16 MPG truck sits in the driveway 90% of the time. The NRA sticker on the back probably confuses people
The wife bought a new Subaru Ascent last December. So far it's been a good car. It really gets around good in the snow. I tried the xmode a couple days ago, seems to work as advertised! I like it way more than the Honda CRV she had previously!
Originally Posted by Remsen
I hate to admit this, but I miss our recently departed Subaru Outback.

My truck will get through pretty much anything as long as it's in 4wd and has some weight in the bed (my snowmobile, usually) but it's not really the best vehicle to use for routine things like going to the store. The old Outback, with good snow tires, was pretty much unstoppable in town and on the freeways, was really comfortable and got decent mileage (mid 20s). It also had good power with the 3.6 engine.

The car that replaced it, an Audi Allroad, is simply dangerous to drive in the snow thanks to the crappy OEM tires. I was driving it to the market a few days ago, after a pretty big snowstorm, and I was all over the road, even at a stoplight (the dang thing slid towards the curb due to ice buildup in the center of the lane). I'm going to put decent snow tires on it this week, but even with that I suspect it still won't have all the snow/ice prowess of the Subaru. XMode, in particular, is something I miss a lot.

My Mother had a couple of Subarus from the mid-1970's thru the early 1990's. They were really popular in VT back then, along with Saabs, because they could usually get you wherever you needed to go as long as the tires were good and you didn't put it into a ditch or high center it in a snow drift.

My oldest daughter wanted an Outback, but we couldn't find one that had the price, condition, miles, and age in sync, so she ended up with a 2008 Ford Escape. She's driven the Escape a lot of miles in all kinds of weather without any issues. Full time AWD and a good set of Michelin Defender LTX tires probably has contributed to her staying on the road and getting where she's headed.

I thought about buying a Subrau Tribeca, but couldn't find the right one at the right price.
My son was stationed in upstate NY and driving a 2wd pickup. He noticed that lots of locals drove Subaru's. He bought an old Forester station wagon with 170,000 miles. The rear fenders were rusted through, but it ran like a top and absolutely would not get stuck in the snow.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

too funny.....

see many subaru's passing through the Podunk area...

I usually figure some horny lesbian headed to Moab to lick rocks...yes we call 'em 'rock lickers'

I actually bought a new Subaru in '77 or so..the wagon...twin was the 'Brat' then

Great little 4x4 car...moved to Utah with it in '79...drove in up in the back of our Hertz rental truck

The lesbian ads for Subaru prob help promote sales...for those people

I much more prefer the Golden Retriever ads myself..

Subaru does have a helluva marketing team

I'm sure they are a good & reliable vehicle...but I'll stick with my Toyoda stuff......

That is hilarious! laugh

When I first started to watch, I just assumed he was from Vermont. No, Colorado. smile
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Subalicious mah Niqqa's
My wife wanted one when the rav4 got totaled a couple years ago. I was not thrilled about going away from Toyota, because they’ve treated us really well for a long time, but it’s her car, so... we got a loaded 2016 Forester with low miles and it’s a really nice vehicle. Very smooth and quiet on the highway, very roomy for my big frame. I’ve had it on bad roads in Utah, Nevada, CA, and at Steens in SE OR and I gotta say, while these computer controlled traction setups feel weird as hell, the thing claws it’s way up slippery stuff (smooth polished rocks, or gravel on hardpan, or like that, haven’t messed with mud) amazingly well. Have not had it on snow to any significant degree but it looks like I will in a few days here.

The CV tranny is a trip.
Post about guys. You don’t fit the bill. Go back to your sockpuppet(s).
We purchased an Subaru Hatch Back 1 year old back in the 80s
When we had to have new front axles installed we had to give the damb thing to our Mechanic and he had to have the Dealer Rep come out to match up the right axles they made something like 6 different ones for that year car.
Then we had the Distributor go bad and when they matched it up it took a distributor for a car for a car that was built 6 years after ours.
Subaru Hodge Podged that year together.
And we had to wait for parts to be shipped in from over seas.
Probably the best car I have ever owed and I will Never own another one.
Not worried about my man card.. Have a 17 Outback with the 3.6, it will go places it has no business trying to go to. Wife does love it, however. One of the very few vehicles we have had that both of us like. 80K+ with no issues.
i'd put my outback up against any 4x4 for snowy roads. the only thing that stops it is if you high center it really bad. then you just back up and ram away. my f250 isn't even close. plus i can haul 8ft lumber, gravel, mulch, dead deer or 3 passengers no problem all while getting 26mpg on hilly roads. it is the most practical vehicle i have ever owned.
They're the perfect vehicle for those who like to replace timing belts, head gaskets, and dual offset joints.

Go for it!
One of my elk hunting buddies swapped his Tahoe for an Outback. He loves that dang thing and is not shy about pushing limits in it (he gets a brand new car ever 2-3 years).

Ours is the 4-banger Boxer engine and uses 0W-20 oil and the first time I changed the oil on it that surprised me... that stuff pours like water.

The Eyesight setup is slick.... seems to be the direction all higher-end rigs are going. I guess I like it but I worry about the costs when things start to break.
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Not worried about my man card.. Have a 17 Outback with the 3.6, it will go places it has no business trying to go to. Wife does love it, however. One of the very few vehicles we have had that both of us like. 80K+ with no issues.

Yet. They dropped their 3.6 engine and now only use a turbocharged 4 cylinder and a CVT good luck with that combo.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
One of my elk hunting buddies swapped his Tahoe for an Outback. He loves that dang thing and is not shy about pushing limits in it (he gets a brand new car ever 2-3 years).

Ours is the 4-banger Boxer engine and uses 0W-20 oil and the first time I changed the oil on it that surprised me... that stuff pours like water.

The Eyesight setup is slick.... seems to be the direction all higher-end rigs are going. I guess I like it but I worry about the costs when things start to break.

Newsflash 0w-20 is not limited to Subarus Mr I can't open a box of Nosler bullets.
I was very surprised to find a scooby do at the top of the mountain where we were elk hunting yesterday. It was an outback. The trails aren’t that bad, but there was a fair amount of snow.

My wife has one as we get a fair amount of snow here and a 2wd can leave you stranded. It does great as long as the snow isn’t high enough that you’re plowing it with the front bumper.

yep

0w20 in the GX 460.....8.5 qts

as mentioned runs like water
Well, as far as I know it's the turbo 4 bangers that have head gasket issues. Guess I will find out, as the 3.6 is not a turbo and a flat 6.
A friend of mine had a Subaru Legacy years ago. That car would go anywhere. They are great in the snow but I could never own one. Inside each man is Lesbian trying get out…
Laugh all you want, but I have a 2018 Subaru Forester with 60,000+ miles. I've had Zero problems other than one nail in a tire.
The timing belt and head gasket issues were from many years prior. I'm not gay either and have no issues driving one.
Their advertisements were a joke though. I also have NO pets, another one of their crap advertisements!

I run Michelin Crossclimate2 tires. Best snow and ice vehicle I have ever owned for road use, bar none! I've had Ford F250's and Chevy 2500's in the past, both 4WD.
The Forester puts them all to shame for road use. No hubs to lock in or levers to pull for 4WD. It's just always there.

If I was out jumping terraces or rock climbing, I might choose otherwise. For normal snow and ice road conditions, I'll drive the Subaru any day and smile at those in the ditches.

all the Subaru owners coming outta the wood work now........
Posted By: EdM Re: Guys Who Drive Subarus...🤣 - 12/24/21
My son has a 2017 WRX STI that is a blast to drive. It came with a cold air intake filter and he's installed a full Borla exhaust and a Cobb tune. It flat scoots.
I thought they were lesbian cars
We are, for the most part, a Toyota family. But I have ridden in a couple of Subraru and didn’t have any complaints.

If your masculinity can be upset by buying a certain vehicle, I have bass news for you.
Originally Posted by garddogg56

ahhhhh...rock lickers in Utah luv 'em

I'm happy in my man-hood and not ashamed to have one for a work car.

Now get back to posting pics in the Misc. Forum Tikka. You have some good ones there! wink I check them out most days! LOL

https://priceonomics.com/how-an-ad-campaign-made-lesbians-fall-in-love-with/
The wife had a late 90's Outback with a 5 speed, it was amazing in snow and on ice.

Some kid hit her broadside and totaled it after a couple years and she bought another just like it.

https://priceonomics.com/how-an-ad-campaign-made-lesbians-fall-in-love-with/

Lesbaru? Too funny.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Well. he is from Colofornia, of course he's a pot head.....
Originally Posted by Cecil56

Now get back to posting pics in the Misc. Forum Tikka. You have some good ones there! wink I check them out most days! LOL

thx Cecil........

big winter storm hitting Utah.......

may have some drone pics & fresh snow soon

20+ inches up there for Springcove they say

Subaru would drag bottom here....

Remember... I bought a new '77 Subaru wagon

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
See lots of em in central Indiana.
Hippies,.lesbians, and young folks.....how many working Lafayette plant?
Lots with Montana plates.
Have had 3, from a 92 to a 96.
The last was a 95 that is still running. Fuel pump quit and I
sold it and th e 96 parts car to a guy who fixed it.

They were all bought old and high milage, for cheap.
Very few issues, rust killed 2, thge last was getting bad enough
that I left it go instead of fixing it.

The only reason I don't h ave one now is the head gasket issues.
There was a 10+ year time period that it was really bad. Unfortunately
what I was willing to pay required buying from that time. Older ones
don't exist, newer ones are over priced. I didn't want a $5k or under
beater, to need $2k in work to keep it going.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Guys Who Drive Subarus...🤣 - 12/24/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
We bought a outback new in 2018 for a family/wife's work car. Kinda jealous she gets to drive it daily. Awesome car. Really shines in the winter. Put Toyo open country AT/3 tires on it.
Ken Block drives a Subaru.
I know nothing directly about Subaru's, but Scotty likes them, so they must be reliable.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ScottyKilmermechanic
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Well. he is from Colofornia, of course he's a pot head.....

This one is good for what ails you . You forget all your worries , even miserable people seem nice .

Pineapple Express

I’m sure they are great to drive around in the snow. Please bring a few too our deer lease in East Texas. So we can use the to fill in our mud holes. There is a reason we don’t see any off road in Southeast Texas.

Like any consumable, trade / sell and get another. Wife likes her Subaru but anytime cars start the nickel an dime thing don't stay! I keep pickups for lots of years, and will work to keep them reliable. A car/SUV own them first not last!

Toyota owns 20% of Subaru and is the largest single shareholder. Time to dip your toe back in?

thx Cecil........

big winter storm hitting Utah.......

may have some drone pics & fresh snow soon

20+ inches up there for Springcove they say

Subaru would drag bottom here....

Remember... I bought a new '77 Subaru wagon

You can keep that winter storm and 20", Tikka. I prefer your summer bikini pic's much more.

In my part of Iowa, for the most part of driving to work and back for 20 miles is level. Couple hills for a few miles.

I took the Forester on some backroads with 8-10" of virgin snow a couples times, in the hilly region's. Icy roads as well.

So far, the Subaru has impressed me very much! The only vehicle I owned that would beat it was a chained up 1975 Ford F250 high boy.

But that is comparing apples to oranges. Subaru for the win on normal roads. Have a Merry Christmas and keep pics coming in the Misc please!
Who gives the biggest part of their tax dollars to a liberal agenda?
TAG
I also had a 77 Subaru wagon. Drove the wheels off that ugly 4x4 red wagon. I could fold down the backseat and sleep 2 comfortably in back. Wish I'd kept it, retro cool now.

The missus loves her 2018 Crosstrek. Pretty sure she's not a lesbian.

pretty popular in Australia, particularly the retired generation with the Forester model cruising around towing trailers behind them.
Originally Posted by ldholton

I'll punt and take getting to work and safely back home every day...over politics. Gay's can do their thing, I can care less.

Each and every day, my Subaru get's me there.

Sure beat's the Hell out of a Ram! LOL
In the summer of '82 I drove a '78 Subaru from NJ to Maine for a week of camping.

No A/C, no speedometer, no horn.

Won't do that again!
We had a wagon, I think 86..whatever last year for carb. Loved that thing. 5spd, hi/low. Long as you stayed top the ruts you could go damn near anywhere.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by ldholton

I'll punt and take getting to work and safely back home every day...over politics. Gay's can do their thing, I can care less.

Each and every day, my Subaru get's me there.

Sure beat's the Hell out of a Ram! LOL

[bleep]
Posted By: EdM Re: Guys Who Drive Subarus...🤣 - 12/24/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ken Block drives a Subaru.

As mentioned above my son does as well, WRX STI.
Well, as far as I know it's the turbo 4 bangers that have head gasket issues. Guess I will find out, as the 3.6 is not a turbo and a flat 6.

No that is not true, they have had head gasket issues on older models, I had it on a 2004 , I got rid of the POS at 75k . I think the 3.6 is a better motor then the 4.

If anyone wants a really great vehicle in snow that is super reliable look at an older or new Honda Ridgeline.
Originally Posted by 158XTP
pretty popular in Australia, particularly the retired generation with the Forester model cruising around towing trailers behind them.

Yea Crocodile Dundee spun around in an Outback so it must be good.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

No that is not true, they have had head gasket issues, I had it on a 2004 , I got rid of the POS at 75k . I think the 3.6 is a better motor then the 4.

We have have two, a 2014 impreza 2.0 and a 2017 forester2.5 and we generally take them to a Subaru specific shop. According the mechanic there, the head gasket issues are much rarer on new cars, he said that it would be unlikely to see an issue with the two we have now.

We did have a 2001 and some where around 120K we had the head gasket done. It was like $1000. If I remember correctly he said the "cure" was to use the turbo gaskets in the normally aspirated engine I could we wrong about that though as it has been 15 years. In any case the 2001 went over 300K and the engine ran pretty well right up until we sold it. It did burn oil for the last 50K or so miles. In the end the car it self was pretty beat and the wife just wanted something new, so we bought the 2017, so far around 91K with just tires and brakes. Every know and then we still see the 2001 driving around town. Its looking pretty sad, but still going.
It's all relative. Comparatively, we're a nation of Nancy boys. One of the comments: "If you don't have the resources to build roads and bridges, just build badass trucks."

Originally Posted by noKnees

No that is not true, they have had head gasket issues, I had it on a 2004 , I got rid of the POS at 75k . I think the 3.6 is a better motor then the 4.

We have have two, a 2014 impreza 2.0 and a 2017 forester2.5 and we generally take them to a Subaru specific shop. According the mechanic there, the head gasket issues are much rarer on new cars, he said that it would be unlikely to see an issue with the two we have now.

We did have a 2001 and some where around 120K we had the head gasket done. It was like $1000. If I remember correctly he said the "cure" was to use the turbo gaskets in the normally aspirated engine I could we wrong about that though as it has been 15 years. In any case the 2001 went over 300K and the engine ran pretty well right up until we sold it. It did burn oil for the last 50K or so miles. In the end the car it self was pretty beat and the wife just wanted something new, so we bought the 2017, so far around 91K with just tires and brakes. Every know and then we still see the 2001 driving around town. Its looking pretty sad, but still going.

I can guarantee that a head gasket would cost more then 1k if done today.

2004 Outback purchased brand new

Burned quart of oil per 1k --normal as per Subaru headquarters
Fuel line in engine compartment came loose dripping onto the intake manifold. Known issue in freezing weather under TSB
Transmission had a recall and spent a week at the dealer , they refused to tell me what was wrong with it.
Cracked Alternator housing
Head Gaskets
Windshield wiper motors and assembly(arms) were replaced. I guess that would have been a nice winter feature.
front rotors warped
Constant replacement of headlamp bulbs with OEM bulbs, finally switched to Honda bulbs which lasted longer
Constant wheel alignment issues

I am sure there are more just can[t recall them right now

I had a 1995 Impreza commuter car with a 6 speed, no issues whatsoever other then a dash cover that was replaced , it was just way too small .
First time I went to Montana to elk hunt, took the advice of a nephew who is a pediatric Oncologist in Missoula and put studded snow tires on the Tundra for the trip.

By the time the brother and I woke up in Wyoming, there was 6" of snow on the truck and it did not quit for another two days. We had left a few days early to drive over to Missoula to see his grandkids, on one of the fist passes, the State police were stopping the traffic and making sure you were chained up, they almost did not let me go, but when he saw the studded tires it was OK.

Still snowing and my West TN windshield wiper fluid was froze, could not see very well as the slush coated the windshield in dirty ice.

I was down to maybe 40 mph, puckered up when a Subaru full of kids passed me like I was sitting still. When I got into Hippyville (Missoula) about every other vehicle was a Subaru.

Have considered getting one as I cross over 70 and need a decent mileage daily driver that will get the wife to the Dr. during the one or two snow/ice events a year when she has to get to Vanderbilt.
Originally Posted by worriedman
First time I went to Montana to elk hunt, took the advice of a nephew who is a pediatric Oncologist in Missoula and put studded snow tires on the Tundra for the trip.

By the time the brother and I woke up in Wyoming, there was 6" of snow on the truck and it did not quit for another two days. We had left a few days early to drive over to Missoula to see his grandkids, on one of the fist passes, the State police were stopping the traffic and making sure you were chained up, they almost did not let me go, but when he saw the studded tires it was OK.

Still snowing and my West TN windshield wiper fluid was froze, could not see very well as the slush coated the windshield in dirty ice.

I was down to maybe 40 mph, puckered up when a Subaru full of kids passed me like I was sitting still. When I got into Hippyville (Missoula) about every other vehicle was a Subaru.

Have considered getting one as I cross over 70 and need a decent mileage daily driver that will get the wife to the Dr. during the one or two snow/ice events a year when she has to get to Vanderbilt.

Buy a Ridgeline ,Highlander or Pilot AWD
Originally Posted by worriedman

Buy a Ridgeline ,Highlander or Pilot AWD

One of my kids has a Pilot that I have driven in snow and was not impressed. Even with good tires, Michelin Defender LTX, it feels more like a FWD than an AWD in snow.
I had an '83 GL wagon with 4WD that I bought new. I kept a bow saw in the back and the damn thing would go just about amywhere. I even took it on a skidder trail a time or 2. They were rust buckets though and that was the only thing I could complain about with that car.
i think the mid-2000's to early teens had head gasket issues. my daughter had a 2006 and drove the hell out of it. at about 150k it needed head gaskets timing belt and water pump. 2 grand. drove it for a few more years and gave it to my son who drove it all over WVA working on pipelines and beat the hell out of it. it started having a tapping around 220k. it then became my yard car and i used it around the property for a while and then sold it to some dude who owned a bunch of them and was going to do an engine swap. my 16 has been fine for 85k miles.
I give a flyin fuq about the crazies, but my Subaru will likely drive by you in the ditch.
Originally Posted by Morewood
I also had a 77 Subaru wagon. Drove the wheels off that ugly 4x4 red wagon. I could fold down the backseat and sleep 2 comfortably in back. Wish I'd kept it, retro cool now.

The missus loves her 2018 Crosstrek. Pretty sure she's not a lesbian.

I started with a brand new one in '77 also, then a '78 after a wreck on the '77, then an '84 which I liked the best because of the Hi/Lo 4WD. It sure went a lot of places that surprised folks in big trucks.

My understanding, from researching them after seeing my first one around '75, was that they were designed as an "All Road", not Off Road vehicle for Japanese power companies and such to use on power line roads. In '77, they had 0.1" less ground clearance than a bone stock CJ Jeep. And the cost $4K less than a base model Olds at the same dealership. The Olds didn't even come with a radio or wheel covers standard!

Owned Subies until about 2002 when I had an issue with a dealer on repairs to the one I had then, and I got no help, just BS, from Subaru of America.

Toyota family now.
Loaned my kid money to buy an 01 outback sedan. I want to steal it now.

Almost
Had a couple early 2k Foresters.

Ugly as sin, kinda poor quality, but also a hell for handy little wagon. Pretty easy to work on too, which is nice because everything broke on my second one.
I’m down in Palm Springs (Palm Desert) watching the mayhem unfold up north. Gotta drive back up starting Tuesday or Wednesday for a medical test a family member cannot miss. Pretty damn glad we drove the Subaru. Are they chick cars- yes. Are they badass on snow- yes. Ask me which I care about.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Ugly as sin, kinda poor quality, but also a hell for handy little wagon. Pretty easy to work on too, which is nice because everything broke on my second one.

20yo car unknown provenance, taking seller at his word the the transmission was replaced and top and bottom of the motor were rebuilt. Had it a month and put struts and cv axles in it already........
I’m down in Palm Springs (Palm Desert) watching the mayhem unfold up north. Gotta drive back up starting Tuesday or Wednesday for a medical test a family member cannot miss. Pretty damn glad we drove the Subaru. Are they chick cars- yes. Are the badass on snow- yes. Ask me which I care about.

Nobody asked you a damn thing you piece of shidt.
I’m down in Palm Springs (Palm Desert) watching the mayhem unfold up north. Gotta drive back up starting Tuesday or Wednesday for a medical test a family member cannot miss. Pretty damn glad we drove the Subaru. Are they chick cars- yes. Are they badass on snow- yes. Ask me which I care about.

Fugk off you fugking pussy.

I am amazed that someone so stupid who can’t climb a ladder or open a box of bullets is allowed to drive.
Originally Posted by deflave

Fugk off you fugking pussy.

Wait for her sock puppet to come on and defend her honor lol
You guys crack me up with the ladder thing. I have never, in my life, fallen off a ladder nor did I ever say I had.

But, shared delusional lies are kinda your thing these days so.... rock on.
I haven’t read this, I’ll just say it cracked me the [bleep] up a Subaru thread pops up and JeffO is all over it

🤣
Originally Posted by SandBilly
I haven’t read this, I’ll just say it cracked me the [bleep] up a Subaru thread pops up and JeffO is all over it

🤣

Like Richard Gere on a hamster 🐹…
You guys crack me up with the ladder thing. I have never, in my life, fallen off a ladder nor did I ever say I had.

But, shared delusional lies are kinda your thing these days so.... rock on.

Ever been lost in your back yard? lol.

Stick to smoking dick and dope with your Rainbow brethren.
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by SandBilly

🤣

Like Richard Gere on a hamster 🐹…

😆
Originally Posted by Springcove

I am amazed that someone so stupid who can’t climb a ladder or open a box of bullets is allowed to d
COME BACK FROM THE DEAD.

After reading nine pages of this post, I am thinking I need to get rid of my Highlander if it ever wears out!
Actually, I think the Subaru is better looking!
Lots of comments good and bad but not one mention of their safety rating. And the guy that likes ridgeline has probably never driven on muddy roads or ice where the road slopes a little bit.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by MadMooner

20yo car unknown provenance, taking seller at his word the the transmission was replaced and top and bottom of the motor were rebuilt. Had it a month and put struts and cv axles in it already........

My last one was a manual. Tranny was good. The rest….

Cv axles, radiator, clutch, starter, drive shaft and I’m sure a couple other parts I don’t recall at the moment. All in about a year.

Car was a dirt road rally rocket though! Room to sleep in the back or haul 2 or three deer home. All at an easy 20+mpg. Ground clearance wasn’t horrible either.
Originally Posted by Cabarillo
Lots of comments good and bad but not one mention of their safety rating. And the guy that likes ridgeline has probably never driven on muddy roads or ice where the road slopes a little bit.

Tboned a car in my first Forester. Center punched them at a solid 40MPH. Car took it like a champ. Granted, it was totaled, and obviously so, but all I got was some abrasions/burns from the airbag and a hardon.

Definitely a safe car IMO.
Originally Posted by CP
I am not a Subaru guy, but I know that their AWD system outperforms their competition in the brush by a bunch. I am always amazed to find those little rigs successfully poking-up through a road that would be best described as an ATV trail. They are a catty little outfit…

Yes, I've heard about the ads, but they do seem extremely popular here in the NM East Mountains, since they are FWD and we we get a lot of snow on our unpaved roads.

I do mot have one but wish be tempted for my con, especially the Forester, which I understand 9s the one with the big interior.

A car is a car, after all.

Norm
© 24hourcampfire