Home
Shipped out pecan a week ago (2 day Priority Mail... 3 days to Alaska). Virginia to Alaska

Just tracked all 8 Tracking numbers...

ZERO for 8.

Simply Pathetic!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LGB

FJB

FUSPS
Well sure,they's making pies with them, grin
My son ordered from MidwayUSA on Saturday - the box arrived TODAY... 48 hours - not bad... Good thing they weren't Pecans, eh?
We ordered every .366 bullet in the 232 grain weight (for this cartridge I am developing "93Jimbo") from Grafs on Friday.

UPS delivered today. Friday to Monday UPS... +1

It seems to be highly variable with certain distribution centers being very problematic.
Ordered some brass on a Monday night. Shipped out the next morning from NY. It was on my west coast porch in less than 48 hours.

Granted there have been some than desirable experiences as well.
USPS is always a gamble.

I suppose when your business model revolves around delivering massive amounts of garbage to folks who didn’t order it, don’t want or need it, there’s bound to be some hiccups.

Sheesh!
Hold into 6 pounds of junk mail delivered to every man woman and child each and every week. Rain, sleet or snow!
Might be regional. My trouble is when folks ship me stuff using Fedex. miles
I shipped out my pecans before Christmas, mostly out west and batted a thousand. It took a while though to get one box to a remote spot in SD.
Sent a check to a company in ME on the 27th of December. As of yesterday, still not there.

Sent a check to a company across town on December 23. Still hasn’t made it.

New rue at the company. Any vendor that uses “COVID” as an excuse gets automatically moved to the bottom of the list.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

It seems to be highly variable with certain distribution centers being very problematic.

If it has got to go through Memphrica, you are screwed!
I wish Trump would of executed the usps when he had the chance.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
USPS is always a gamble.

I suppose when your business model revolves around delivering massive amounts of garbage to folks who didn’t order it, don’t want or need it, there’s bound to be some hiccups.

They were free gift pecans to folks that had asked for them...

Even rebuilt the boxes special like on the internal structure to prevent bulging and the proverbial USPS whining with 16 pounds of loose pecans.

The USPS was happy to take the $180 in shipping... but too fugging pathetic to execute on their own contractual agreement.

... but I get your point.

I also get that you are in the PNW... and have a tendency to defend .GOV... it appears.

So be it.
Originally Posted by worriedman

If it has got to go through Memphrica, you are screwed!

Good local small town USPS... then nationwide (Virginia to Alaska)... ZERO success.

This is the quintessential example of .GOV failure.

...the small business meat shop not getting meat inspections for months... putting them out of business.

Small business across America forced to close as non-essential due to Rona.

The nationwide dysfunction of DMV.

... house of .GOV cards falling down.

And no mechanism (no economic fulcrum arm) to fix it.

Get you [bleep] together now... IMHO
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by MadMooner
USPS is always a gamble.

They were free gift pecans to folks that had asked for them...

Even rebuilt the boxes special like on the internal structure to prevent bulging and the proverbial USPS whining with 16 pounds of loose pecans.

The USPS was happy to take the $180 in shipping... but too fugging pathetic to execute on their own contractual agreement.

... but I get your point.

I also get that you are in the PNW... and have a tendency to defend .GOV... it appears.

So be it.

Defend .gov! 😂

I was talking about the usps subsiding on junk mail and sucking at delivering schit people actually want, not your pee-cans.
90% of the garbage the postman delivers never makes it into the house.
Customer Service as a whole has pretty much flew the coop these days, entities like USPS have just set the bar a tad higher than most other[private] companies.

We've been waiting on CS for our OP software now since 9 AM yesterday morning.
The only reply that I've had is that the average wait in que is 1 day.
Has us damn near shut down.
Originally Posted by poboy
90% of the garbage the postman delivers never makes it into the house.

There’s gotta be at least 4 or 5 garbage cans at the local PO. Those things are filled to the gills 24/7. 90% of the schit they deliver never makes it out of the PO.
While likely just incompetency by USPS, I couldn't help but notice the "Enjoy" message in the little hand-drawn violators on the packages.
I'm not sure I'd be advertising to the goons that there's potentially something good inside the package. smile

Hope the packages find their intended homes soon!
Had a scope base bought on ebay, was supposed to be delivered yesterday instead it said delivery not available the mailman because we had four inches of snow just didn't come down our dirt road happens all the time today all my mail was in the mailbox because the plow would run by they get behind and they just say screw some of the rule routes.
We ordered every .366 bullet in the 232 grain weight (for this cartridge I am developing "93Jimbo") from Grafs on Friday.

Grafs is 26 miles from me. I rarely ever order from them, just pick it up but they can get an order to me the very next day if I place it before noon. They're nice people too.
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Grafs is 26 miles from me. I rarely ever order from them, just pick it up but they can get an order to me the very next day if I place it before noon. They're nice people too.

+1 on Grafs.

Fantastic Company.
. Oops

Big Miami Processing Center is where schit goes to die.
Authorized employment levels at USPS drop off after holidays. Employment is adjusted by area based on outgoing mail numbers. If you are sending to/from an area that has low levels of mail outbound, you're packages could sit at a trailer at a sorting center for awhile before being sorted. If it is NOVA bound shouldn't really face long delay. If rest of VA...

Hard to reform USPS because politicians have hand in EVERYTHING they do. I live 1/2 mile from tiny PO that has no business being open. There are two other post offices within 7 miles of me. Here in MI there are two postal districts for the state. I live within a mile of the district border. Detroit and Michigan. A legacy from when Detroit was the richest city in the US. This hasn't made sense for the last 40 years due to technology changes. Not to mention population changes in relation to postal districts are stuck in the 1950's.
Them barges from Outside are slow, plus Weather, Covid, IDGAS attitudes....

Local PO has help wanted signs up for the last few months.

Apparently incompetents willing to "work" are hard to come by.
Post Office is pretty good around here.
Memphis Tennessee is where it disappears just like the Bermuda Triangle!
Monday afternoon at 3 pm I shipped a stereo to Wilmington, Delaware from little Marshall NC. Shipped it USPS for $19.
It arrived today at noon. Pretty good.
Originally Posted by Dutch
Sent a check to a company in ME on the 27th of December. As of yesterday, still not there.

Sent a check to a company across town on December 23. Still hasn’t made it.

New rue at the company. Any vendor that uses “COVID” as an excuse gets automatically moved to the bottom of the list.

Check arrived in ME today! Woot! what a bargain, that USPS......
Around my area, the USPS and UPS always deliver on time…fedex otoh, sucks ass…
Coming up on 2 weeks... USPS 2 day Priority Mail suck balls!!!
FYI - Priority Mail EXPRESS postage is refundable, if not on time.....
Originally Posted by Muffin

Just mailing out free pecans to a bunch of folks... by default there is $50 insurance on each of the 8 boxes.

Cost about $180 as is...

Express mail would have been about $1,400.

My bitch isn't about the money or lost time/pecan harvest... it is about the breach of contract.

If a man spent $180 on a package of meat in the store... and went home and it was rancid... that man would be raising Holy hell with Piggly Wiggly...

Why the fugg does .GOV get a pass when they breach a contract?
Originally Posted by Muffin

FYI... I won't bitching at you personally.
Coming up on 2 weeks... USPS 2 day Priority Mail suck balls!!!

Weird.

Had a guy mail a stock to me from W Virginia to remote AK. USPS priority. Took 3 days. I was shocked. That was last week.
Hey Cash! A big box of pecans just landed here. Mailing date of January 18th.
Thank you sir!
Do you folks like black walnuts?
We had a heavy crop this last fall. This next crop will probably be much less but there should be more than we can use.
I will send you some walnuts.
I shipped out 6 packages of books media mail USPS and everyone got them with in a week.
Cash, Also came home to a big box of pecans today.
Totally surprised me when I went to lift it off the porch, that's a lot of nuts, the two of you are so generous. Thank you so much!
Definitely will try the recipe.
Same mailing date as above, 10 days to Arizona, crazy!
WOOT...

Two of 8 in 10 days!.

USPS batting 25%

Still MIA for the two boxes to friends in Virginia... less than 100 miles away.

Enjoy guys... Glad we could share!
Update... we are at 24+/- days and we are batting 50% on 2 day Priority Mail!!!

8 USPS Priority mail boxes sent on January 10th... and four have been received!!!

LGB

FJB

FUSPS
I have a package coming from MT to MN. It was last updated 1/20 in Denver and nothing since. I am afraid that means it is lost and gone forever.
All 8 made it as of TODAY.

January 10 to Feb 4.

Couple of kind folks reimbursed the shipping (Thanks!)... no expectation... we never asked for any money.

So taking more orders (i.e. they are actually free)... until we run out of pecans or run out of the $200 we set aside to ship.

Drop a PM if interested.

Folks might get a kick out of the whole fiasco anyway

[/quote]
Never ship or have anything shipped usps, simple as that.
Sent my Congressman a letter...

The Honorable Rob Wittman
2055 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515

Breech of Contract

The USPS offers a service called Priority Mail.

With this service mail is to be delivered in 2 days. Some regions 3 days is specified.

When I exchange money for a service (contract) I expect a reasonable attempt by the contractor to be truthful and uphold their proposed contract.

12 of the last 12 package I have sent by USPS “Priority Mail” have been delayed or not delivered for a month.

I propose that the term “Priority Mail” be immediately abolished. It is obviously NOT Priority at all.

Change the name to “30 Day Mail”… or “Next Month Mail”… or “5th Class Mail”.

NO PRIVATE SECTOR COMPANY is allowed to lie with such wanton disregard AND STILL CHARGE A PREMIUM FEE.

If I buy a filet mignon steak and bring it home to find that it is rancid… I have recourse.

Why is the USPS not held to even close to the same standard?

Tell the TRUTH… 30 day mail is NOT PRIORITY and the name is a insult and affront to all that trust the Government.

CHANGE THE NAME… or offer redress to this blatant BREECH OF CONTRACT!

Finest Regards,

Leonard

I have his aides on speed dial... I ping them on oddball chit all the time.

Everyone needs a hobby...
© 24hourcampfire