Home
All:

Not much of a series guy but might have some time in the next month to start one.

I watched Longmire for 7-8 episodes. It sucks. The expected Hollyweird PC crap. Of course the Indians are always wrongly accused of murder, growing dope, extortion ect. And at the end, it’s you know who. Crackers.

The PC crap just gets old, and quite predictable.

Anyone have another series to recommend? Maybe a series where you might not automatically know who the bad guy will be after less than 5 mins of watching?

Watch Corner Gas re-runs on streaming IMDb. It's free with short commercials, funny, easy to watch, never PC, and not a product of Hollyweird. In short order you'll feel like a resident of Dog River.

Hard to escape Hollywood and NYC in movies. I enjoyed "The Peanut Butter Falcon". It's just a.movie though, not a series.

"Queen of the South" is pretty good for a series, as are both "Narcos".
The Righteous Gemstones is a quality show 👍
Detectorists on Prime.
Homestead Rescue, skip the first four episodes. Gets better as it goes along.
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Detectorists on Prime.

I'm cheap and watch it streaming on the free/with commercials channels. Good comedy.
How can you go wrong with Gunsmoke or Bonanza?

My Name Is Earl
Ray Donovan, available on Prime.

Another vote for Corner Gas.
Also, "Counterpart". 2 seasons, starring JK Simmons.
Red Green Show reruns still makes me chuckle.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
How can you go wrong with Gunsmoke or Bonanza?

I started watching Wanted - Dead or Alive with Steve McQueen . On Demand with PlutoTV
Mr Inbetween, but you'll already know he's the bad guy
I'd recommend Ripper Street. Very well done by the BBC & no PC crap.
Barry on HBO Max.
Wife and I went to see 'Dog' at the theater today. Very good movie, made the wife cry. I liked it, but I'm a dog person and love my dogs.
Ray Donovan, The Sopranos
Watched the first episode of Hell on Wheels, which wasn't bad so far.
The expanse on prime. I'm not really into Sci fi but I really enjoyed all seasons of this.

Bb
Tag
My wife and I watch British dramas.

Shetland and Foyle's War are a couple examples. Certainly not holleyweird.
Ozark and Breaking Bad both in Netflix are excellent. The Sopranos was my favorite. None of them are pc, and the acting and writing are incredible.
If you haven't seen Justified yet, it's worth look.
I been watching Street Outlaws, Moonshiners, and Yellowstone. Other than that, I don't watch much TV.
Justified. 1883. Yellowstone.
Resident Alien on Sci fi
Wednesday's 8CT.
Comedy.
I'm watching House again. Good entertainment. Mountain Monsters could be the greatest TV show ever.
I don’t watch a bunch of TV.

I do try to watch Dr Pol each week.

And Dirty Jobs started back up.

Myth Busters is always good.

I listen to podcasts more now days.
Easier to find something to your liking without all the PC bs.
Originally Posted by SuperCub

I don't know Shetland yet but Foyle's War is well known and I like it a lot.
Originally Posted by DBT

The first two seasons of Hell on Wheels are great, it goes downhill from there.

Reacher on Prime video was pretty good. Only eight episodes in the first season.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The expanse on prime. I'm not really into Sci fi but I really enjoyed all seasons of this.

Bb

I found reading the books made this show much better.

Left SciFi decades back however its almost reality compared to the regular stupid PC chit on the tube nowadays.

Originally Posted by Nollij
I'm watching House again. Good entertainment. Mountain Monsters could be the greatest TV show ever.

Lol
I just finished watching "The Ranch" with Sam Elliot. It took me 2 months to watch it all but I liked it. Just be warned there is a LOT of swearing and apparently drinking in the morning is common but I found it entertaining but then again, I like anything with Sam Elliot in it.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I'd recommend Ripper Street. Very well done by the BBC & no PC crap.

Where were you watching Ripper Street? I was watching it on Net Flix. Got to the point where I had one or two episodes left and Net Flix took it off. Kind of disappointed I never got to the end. But it was good.
Originally Posted by 160user
I just finished watching "The Ranch" with Sam Elliot. It took me 2 months to watch it all but I liked it. Just be warned there is a LOT of swearing and apparently drinking in the morning is common but I found it entertaining but then again, I like anything with Sam Elliot in it.

When their real life wokeness killed Rooster off, the whole show went to schidtt IMO.
"Reacher" on prime is good. Eight episodes if I remember correctly.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

This was a show that I looked forward to every episode. Very good.
Letterkenny on hulu is pretty funny. It's Canadian humor and the episodes are only about 20 minutes long. The one liners they say back to back to back are sometimes hilarious.
I'm working on my Spanish so was looking for shows that had some in it. I started watching Narcos on Netflix it's pretty damn good and [bleep] up. Kind of opens your eyes to the war on drugs or the lack of one
I think we live in the golden age of television now , Everyone can probably find something they like. And if you are an actor you can find a job somewhere.

In the winter and in particular during college basketball season I watch alot of TV, but the first spring day and I pretty much shut it down. I cancel most of my streaming services for the summer.

I've been trying to watch a series on HBO Max called Pennyworth, about Alfred the butler to Batman when he was a young man just out of the SAS. My problem is I get about 5 episodes in and as soon as they change the storyline up then I quit watching. I'm not invested enough to keep going once they solve the mystery or kill the bad guy or whatever.

I pretty much gave up on Yellowstone - personally it felt like is was turning into a Mexican soap opera, and I just lost interest in 1883. I may start watching again but I've been finding movies to watch lately that I like and after that 90 minutes or so of TV, I'm done for the evening.

I do watch a lot of information stuff on Youtube - DIY channels, travel channels, a guy named Nick Johnson drives around the worst part of cities and talks about how schitty they are. That is 15-20 minutes I don't mind burning when I'm waiting on something. I've become addicted to MotorWeek reviews of cars from the late 80's and 90's. I don't even know why but I'll a few of them every week.
Justified
Letterkenny
Black Sails
Trying to start "Frontier" soon
Originally Posted by Rooster7

When their real life wokeness killed Rooster off, the whole show went to schidtt IMO.

Yep. Loved The Ranch until they killed off Rooster.
The show went steadily down hill from there.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Hard to escape Hollywood and NYC in movies. I enjoyed "The Peanut Butter Falcon". It's just a.movie though, not a series.

Both Narcos were great. Queen of the South was pretty good, but not as good as either Narcos series
Blacklist was pretty good.... till the last season.
Kim's Convenience on Netflix is good.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Yep. Loved The Ranch until they killed off Rooster.
The show went steadily down hill from there.

I agree but Heather is still smokin hot!
I have enjoyed Seal Team. Probably a lot more drama in their lives than normal but it is hollywood. Alot of action and no superwoman throwing men around at will. Currently 5 seasons out and the 6th due out this fall. I think the first 4 seasons were on cbs then picked up by paramount. Season 5 they cuss.
Originally Posted by Geno67
Justified. 1883. Yellowstone.

First and last. Yes

1883- no unless you’re so desperate for any western theme show at all. Even the gunfights suck. Elsa sucks too.
Originally Posted by mulenbucks
I have enjoyed Seal Team. Probably a lot more drama in their lives than normal but it is hollywood. Alot of action and no superwoman throwing men around at will. Currently 5 seasons out and the 6th due out this fall. I think the first 4 seasons were on cbs then picked up by paramount. Season 5 they cuss.

This is one of my favorite shows. Good show
tag.

Thanks guys.
Seal Team
Peaky Blinders
Black Sails
Yellow Stone
Another one for Leaky Blinders!
Six Feet Under
Murdoch Mysteries
Rake
Deadwood
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Homestead Rescue, skip the first four episodes. Gets better as it goes along.

....and then becomes the same old, same old.
Somebody else us coming up with all those ideas. Marty, etal, just implement preapproved plans.

...though I do like the idea of burying the pipe underground to use for cooling.
Far out and groovy!
I recently saw 7 seasons of "The Mentalist" show up for free on the Roku channel. It's about an ex conman that teams up with agents to trick and catch criminals. I've been vegging on that for weeks because the news is too depressing and most new shows, as you know, shove the Lefty agenda down your throat. I think there was one episode out of about 100 that had gays in it, but I figured that out fast enough and skipped it.

I'm pretty surprised CBS didn't ruin that show like they do everything else.

I watched 2 episodes and couldn't take the laugh track anymore.
Originally Posted by Nollij
I'm watching House again. Good entertainment.

LOL that guy is such a dick it's funny.
amazon prime has SO many documentaries I doubt we'd ever run out of interesting stuff to watch.
If you guys like Seal Team, you may want to check out "The Unit". Same theme but made about 10 years earlier about Delta Force. Bunch of seasons.
Justified. Weeds. In plain sight
RAS: I have been laughing my ass off at the series "The Righteous Gemstones"!
It's a series of 30 minute shows making light of the dishonesty and hypocrisy of a religious family that has started their own little dynasty of fleecing the devout out of their monies.
Now in full disclosure I must state that myself (as a child) and my parents were kicked out of two major religions (Mormon then Catholic) for not fully tithing (Mormons - 1952 then Catholics in 1959) but I still consider myself a believer.
Anyway if the world can't laugh at some pointed comedy regarding religious shysters who can they laugh at?
The maker of this comedy series went to extreme and expensive lengths to make this show - I will say that about it.
And the subtle and outrageous actions, statements and conduct of these religious "kooks" makes me laugh out loud just thinking about it.
I can't wait for the next 30 minute episode.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

I'm pretty surprised CBS didn't ruin that show like they do everything else.

Seal Team is a damn good show. Was probably the only show on CBS worth watching. I watch it on Paramount + now.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Never watched Justified. Is it on Amazon ?
Rome, Peaky Blinders, Vikings, The Last Kingdom, Boardwalk Empire.
Tag
Originally Posted by SuperCub

sounds like us too. I am big on old movies too- talking 1930's -40's.

We been watching Lillyhammer and enjoyed it up until very recent where it seems to have jumped the shark. About a steroetypical goodfella entering Witness relocation plan and picking Norway as his new home. Soon starts up a racket with semi bumbling locals. No real gore, a LOT of F-bombs of course but mostly situations leading to next situation.

Our fav's have been Patriot and Ozark.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Never watched Justified. Is it on Amazon ?

Not sure. But if you want I have the DVDs and would send them to you to watch
If you have Amazon give Vikings a try. Lots of action, plots and sub-plots, surprisingly interesting for an era that I never had an interest in.

drover
Another vote for gunsmoke. I also like rockford files.
I find myself watching more online videos. One of my faves is Lockdown 23&1.
Death is a hoot!

Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

This is one of my favorite shows. Good show

That was ok at the start. Then it turned into nothing but a damn soap opera
Loudermilk, peacemaker, the rookie, blacklist, boba fet,
on Netflex Longmire or the Ranch

Both Narcos were great. Queen of the South was pretty good, but not as good as either Narcos series

Narcos Mexico was great. Very eye opening.
The Ranch is ghey.
The Lawrence Welk Show. You get to watch a lot of white people that vote democrat.
The Ranch is ghey.

How can anyone take that laugh track for more than 1 episode?
The last Alaskans is the best show on TV. Not scripted like the Kilchers BS on the last frontier.
Rooster7: You's guys will like the true drama/documentary called "Last Narc"!
It was mesmerizing and sad at the same time.
I worked with two of the DEA Agents when they were uniformed police officers in a large city on the west coast.
They both later joined the DEA and were both outstanding officers/agents there.
I Hunted Elk a few years back with one of them - I am just thankful they both lived through their dangerous work at the DEA.
The "sad" part of that series (4 episodes!) was the stunning deceit and criminality of certain people in our federal government!
And that is coming from someone (me!) that is VERY pro United States government.
"Last Narc" it was well worth the watching.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
HBO's Rome was great and only two seasons long. It should be free on Tubi although with commercials and is also on Hulu. Some other sites like Amazon have it available to rent.

Since it was produced by HBO it has T&A and violence with excellent writing, characters and production values.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I worked with two of the DEA Agents when they were uniformed police officers in a large city on the west coast.
I Hunted Elk a few years back with one of them - I am just thankful they both lived through their dangerous work at the DEA.
The "sad" part of that series (4 episodes!) was the stunning deceit and criminality of certain people in our federal government!
And that is coming from someone (me!) that is VERY pro United States government.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Sounds interesting. Do you know what the Last Narc is airing on now days?
Justified
Sopranos
Designated Survivor
Ozark
Breaking Bad
The 100.

You watch those and it will take over a year if you watch 1 per night. All are really good series with great character development.
tag
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
The Ranch is ghey.

How can anyone take that laugh track for more than 1 episode?

Agreed, I didn't make it through the first episode. I tried but just couldn't like it.
tag
Rounders and The Cheyenne Social Club, two of the best cowboy movies ever made.
The Righteous Gemstones
Vice Principals
True Detective season #1
Deadwood
Ozark
Game Of Thrones
Better Call Saul
Breaking Bad
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

Killer show, only four seasons. I got hooked when I found it one night on FX cable channel

Originally Posted by RAS
Anyone have another series to recommend? Maybe a series where you might not automatically know who the bad guy will be after less than 5 mins of watching?

If you didn't catch it first time around, go back and watch Burn Notice
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, that was an outstanding series. Really makes you understand just what length our government will go to to silence a fellow American. Including torture and murder.
Prime is running the 1973 spy movie Scorpio right now, with Burt Lancaster as a guy trying to get out of the CIA. Good old movie.

Work on your WW II Russian:

Kill Stalin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ELa1hjEQk
Originally Posted by tedthorn
The Righteous Gemstones
Vice Principals
True Detective season #1
Deadwood
Ozark
Game Of Thrones
Better Call Saul
Breaking Bad

True Detective season 1 is outstanding.
If 1883 was any slower it would become 1882.
I can’t believe no one has mentioned Bosch.

Another great show is Goliath.

Better Call Saul is pretty good. I never thought I would like Breaking Bad but is is excellent.

The best show ever is Justified. Timothy Olyphant as Raylin Givens. Great acting, great cast, great story.
Originally Posted by slowmover12

The best show ever is Justified. Timothy Olyphant as Raylin Givens. Great acting, great cast, great story.

This right here. Best TV show ever. Whoever was in charge of casting nailed the white trash on that show lol
Walton Goggins was a great bad guy/antihero.
Originally Posted by Raferman
Walton Goggins was a great bad guy/antihero.

He's excellent in Vice Principals and not bad in Riotous Gemstones
Resident Alien on network TV has great clever dialog
Justified ( from some some online library source) has some great tough guy scenes
Originally Posted by slowmover12
I can’t believe no one has mentioned Bosch.

Another great show is Goliath.

Better Call Saul is pretty good. I never thought I would like Breaking Bad but is is excellent.

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are two of my favorites.

If you liked Breaking Bad, you need to watch the Netflix Movie, El Camino. It shows what happens to Jessie Pinkman.
Bosch
Justified
Marvelous Mrs Maisel
Schidt’s Creek
Better Call Saul
Dexter
Mindhunters
Goliath
Meat Eater
Deadwood
Ozark
Game of Thrones
Sopranos
And the standard by which all others are judged - Breaking Bad

This is a pretty good list.

P
Originally Posted by lightning
The last Alaskans is the best show on TV. Not scripted like the Kilchers BS on the last frontier.

It was canceled two years ago but still available on demand.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Killer show, only four seasons. I got hooked when I found it one night on FX cable channel

Good call on Mr Inbetween, mauserand9mm.
Vikings Valhalla, netflix
Originally Posted by local_dirt

This was an awesome series. We watched all three seasons. Thanks for the recommendation!
Originally Posted by kingston

This was an awesome series. We watched all three seasons. Thanks for the recommendation!

Really enjoying it here too, king. Almost done with season 2.
Another vote for the series---Bosch
Death in Paradise
Doc Martin (British version of House)
Lie to Me
Peaky Blinders is back.
Blacklist on Netflix is good

The anti-hero carries a Browning Hi Power
Resident Alien.
Poldark was interesting and entertaining.
Bosch was good as well.
Sopranos was real good.
Liked Ozark a bunch.
Godless was good too.
Outlander just dropped season 6
Didn't think I'd like it but Downton Abbey was pretty good.
The Daily Wire has The Hyperions premiering on Youtube tonight.

I have no idea what it's about, but there nothing else on and who couldn't use a little comedy these days.
Originally Posted by Dan_H
Death in Paradise
Doc Martin (British version of House)
Lie to Me

Doc Martin is an awesome show.
The wife and I have been watching Designated Survivor and also just started watching Flashpoint. Enjoy both so far.
We enjoy Sean McCracken in MysteriousWV on Youtube.

Not necessary a series like you see on TV but he covers missing/unsolved cases in WV, VA, and OH. 30 minute episodes mostly. I really enjoy the way he presents it.
Originally Posted by windridge
Watch Corner Gas re-runs on streaming IMDb. It's free with short commercials, funny, easy to watch, never PC, and not a product of Hollyweird. In short order you'll feel like a resident of Dog River.

Just started season two.

Make sure you watch the original 2004 version and not the animated version.

Love it.

The Peanut Butter Falcon was inspirational.

Thanks for recommending Pat.
Anything with Jessica Jaymes in it ... that damn tattoo on her left foot is like a magnet to me.

She should have won an Oscar.

Damn tragic.
Portlandia is brilliant.
Originally Posted by kingston

Really enjoying it here too, king. Almost done with season 2.

Thank you guys for this one. Binge watched it last weekend, great series.
Originally Posted by Bearschlayerx2
The wife and I have been watching Designated Survivor

I liked Designated Survivor too but had to quit watching when they brought in the woke gay bullshiet. Ruined a good series for me.
Sneaky Pete... and Saul.

If you haven't seen them yet.
I got to use a friend's Hulu account and we're watching Handmaid's Tale. Very dark show and well done.
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Bearschlayerx2
The wife and I have been watching Designated Survivor

I liked Designated Survivor too but had to quit watching when they brought in the woke gay bullshiet. Ruined a good series for me.

Too much woke crap for me. Had to stop watching it, like a year ago.
I'm working on the Prime documentary series on how continents, etc were formed. I'm through Africa and NA, going to have to repeat last night on Central America - I kept falling asleep - tough week, not the content. smile
The new Jeff Foxworthy Special is on Netflix.

It’s funny. 🤠
Originally Posted by ATC
Originally Posted by DBT

The first two seasons of Hell on Wheels are great, it goes downhill from there.

Reacher on Prime video was pretty good. Only eight episodes in the first season.

You are exactly right. Lilly made that show in the first two seasons. But they changed to a new team of writers for season 3, and ruined it all.
Forgot to mention yesterday that I watched "Fresh" on Hulu the other day. Decent movie
Netflix's Rescued by Ruby if you like dogs.
© 24hourcampfire