Home
Guy has pistol, guy wants cash OR trade for a “Colt .22 conversion kit”. I figure 80% he is talking about a Colt Ace setup, but Colt also made a nice conversion setup for AR-15s with nice magazines, etc, So i ask which one is he looking for?

HERESY it says!

I get this nastygram message:

You have received an infraction at Smith & Wesson Forum.

Reason: Extraneous Post in Ad or FB
-------
Hello,
It is forbidden to post anything other than "I'll Take It" in any classified thread. I have already given you a warning last year so you should know better. Please follow the rules in the future. You are receiving an infraction which carries 1 point.

Thank you,
AA
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
WTT Uberti El Patron Competition
Quote:
Which .22 Colt conversion unit? The slide, barrel, and magazine for a 1911 style pistol or the unit with magazines for AR-15 firearms? I have the latter NIB from Colt.
This post violates one of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

Please review the General Posting Rules by following this link:
RULES - General Posting Rules

WTF?! Maybe I am just not cut out to be a member over there. I sent a reply asking how i should have done it firrerently, i am guessing via PM.
Different crew on that site. Proceed with caution
the S&W forum, much like the Marlin Owners forum, is a difficult place for normal folks to operate
Moderator Tom on S&W forum told me to remove my signature from my profile, or I would be banned. It only said “Let’s go Brandon “.
Originally Posted by Azmarlin39a
Moderator Tom on S&W forum told me to remove my signature from my profile, or I would be banned. It only said “Let’s go Brandon “.

☝☝THIS ☝☝ is why others don't play well with them
Originally Posted by Azmarlin39a

Don't be a hard ass. Change your signature. It's simply not worth arguing about.
May I suggest "FJB!".

That will surely please him. If not, tell him that your grandfather's initials are FJB, a man who was a true patriot and that you're just trying to honor him.

I self cancelled on the S&W forums. I posted something about the NRA, nothing vulgar or mean, just the facts about how they had been mismanaged by Lapierre and the board. That drew a stern warning. I blew it off and a couple months later, I posted something similar. I received a notice “you’ve been warned before”……..
So I wrote the moderator a note that just said if this forum doesn’t allow civil debate and discussion, why would I or anyone want to be a part of it. I’m out of here.
I logged off six months ago and will never visit there again.
its a bunch of old mustache twisting toolbags over there. lot of good knowledge but i ain't kissing nobodies ass to ask a question. i haven't been there in years.

I quit them years ago. Got a "ding" for something I did not even understand.

Told them to get Fooked .
Like anything else in this world. Their play pen, their rules. Read them choose to follow and play. Or choose not to play. Every thing in life’s is a choice. Hasbeen
A infraction for asking a question about wtf it actually was.
Bout the only thing you did was help the seller clarify wtf it was.

Sounds like a bytch mod site.
Little walter Mitty's all powerful and schit in their mod minds.
Probably super pussies in the real world.
And all sooooo all powerful on the web.....

I have surfed the site for gen info at times, but never picked up on or really seen the sensitive care bear aspect of it.

Fugg em with fish heads.....
They have a point value infraction chart or some schit🥴🥴🥴
Demerit system???
🤣🤣🤣

Sounds like a buncha volunteer richie cunningham ex school hallway monitor types.
Picked last for Kickball and schit.

Now large and in charge online to make up for their meekness in their entire life.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Like anything else in this world. Their play pen, their rules. Read them choose to follow and play. Or choose not to play. Every thing in life’s is a choice. Hasbeen

Pretty simple really.
Who knows, the S&W forum rules may prevent a For Sale ad from becoming 3 pages of "I'm not an azzhole, you are an azzhole" like I have seen somewhere, it'll come to me in a minute.

Cannot play by rules that are made up as "They" see fit.

F U C K EM !!
It happens. I'm on a 2 week ban from the Michigan outdoors forum. I like pissing off liberals.

In your case, I don't see what the problem is but like what was stated, their house....
It's pretty much the same on the Colt forum. Always some moderator waiting to ding you for some silly thing you weren't aware of.
Originally Posted by cisco1

Cannot play by rules that are made up as "They" see fit.

F U C K EM !!

Their rules are clearly written for anyone with enough sense to read them.
A lot of you folks must be self employed. Don’t read rules, can’t follow rules. How are you holding down a job.
Hasbeen
Never been on this S&W forum you speak of. Do they have a PM system there that would allow you to ask questions?
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Never been on this S&W forum you speak of. Do they have a PM system there that would allow you to ask questions?

Yes
Had a nice 3 inch model 60 357 that toted easy and was a Roman candle maker with 180 grain Federals but amazingly accurate with those Federals. Then Ed Schultz got in bed with the Clintons sold it and have never bought S&W again and probably won't.
Laughing. I've been banned from there 10 or 12 times, at least. It usually revolves around making a post on a For Sale ad where the seller has either incomplete information, incorrect information, false information, removed the sale price after a sale, or other general stupidity. If a seller has a For Sale or For Trade ad, you are not supposed to post anything on that thread other than "I'll Take It". You will get suspended if you do. Other reasons are posting anything political. I still make posts that irritate them anyway, if I feel there's a good enough reason and just don't visit there until my ban is up. I'm a S&W revolver fan, so there is value there. A lot of good guys, but the admins are mostly CA windbags.
Used to go to the SW forum years back they were a bunch of woke dickheads then and can't imagine they changed any why waste your time?...mb
Aren't many "moderators" retired cops who got too old and feeble to bully the general public with a badge and a set of blue lights, so now they have to do it with a keyboard? I'm on a site like that, and it's amazing how much more friendly and accommodating those jerks become at handshake distance!
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
A lot of you folks must be self employed. Don’t read rules, can’t follow rules. How are you holding down a job.
Hasbeen

wink
Ran into the same problem.over on "hunttalk" blogs. "BigFin", aka Randy Newberg, aka "Fresh Tracks" hunting program host runs the show. Come to find out, it's Newberg's "baby".
He allows his liberal amigos to run roughshod over conservatives. If a "righty" steps on a "lefty's" toes, they immediately go crying to "BigFin" to have the offender chastised and/or banned.
Ergo, I'm here instead of "hunttalk"! 😉
I haven't been to huntalk in years. Forgot about that place. I did a hunting trip with Oscar over there once. Hell of a good guy....at the time
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Aren't many "moderators" retired cops who got too old and feeble to bully the general public with a badge and a set of blue lights, so now they have to do it with a keyboard? I'm on a site like that, and it's amazing how much more friendly and accommodating those jerks become at handshake distance!

I always thought they were old gunsmiths who inhaled too much cutting oil.

kwg
😆 I just got off a three day van there for editing by boons for sale ad to have the heading say Books Sold. My earth rattling infraction? I didn’t Say that two if the books were sold elsewhere!😆

Some moderator folks have their tidy whiteys a few sizes too small!
i used to go to huntingpa website and it was the same schit. over moderated, bunch of sensitive whiners. "boo hoo, my daddy taught me how to hunt and now he's dead. boo hoo". "look heres a pic of my 2 year old and the 12 point he shot. i'm so proud of him boo hoo, please congratulate me on what a great daddy i am"
Iam glad to see I am not the only one that feels badly toward that forum. There was another one, even worse, the Mauser forum. Bunch of arrogant pricks wall to wall. They may be defunct now.
Tell them to GFY!
Originally Posted by Esox357
Tell them to GFY!

Exactly! Only I would have spelled the words out.
Paul B.
A moderator of this sub-forum is my neighbor in real life, and is demanding my fence be removed...

Just because I re-posted it.
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Had a nice 3 inch model 60 357 that toted easy and was a Roman candle maker with 180 grain Federals but amazingly accurate with those Federals. Then Ed Schultz got in bed with the Clintons sold it and have never bought S&W again and probably won't.

Oh NO!! Now we have to add Smith & Wesson to the official Campfire Hate List with Leupold, Remington and Hogdon, apologies if I missed one.
I am no fine of authoritarians, but the forum rules on the classified section there are pretty plain. You should have sent a PM. No sympathy from me. Also I only read the first page of replies here.
I’m on a long rifle forum that’s a great resource for gun building and knowledge but the moderators are over sensitive, post deleting, whiny old women. They don’t tolerate any discussion of modern firearms. I got reprimanded there for encouraging discussion of steel metallurgy as it pertains to all guns instead of just MZs. Like many over-moderated sites, they hurt more than they help.
I have been a S&W forum member for many years. It offers a ton of information that will not be found anywhere else. I have bought and sold without issue. Later today I will likely be posting up a bunch of N-frame round butt finger groove grips that I came across for identification. Like anything in life, if one doesn't like something simply avoid it.
Fuggum.
Originally Posted by sbrmike
I am no fine of authoritarians, but the forum rules on the classified section there are pretty plain. You should have sent a PM. No sympathy from me. Also I only read the first page of replies here.

Yep, it was my bad. I just didn't know the rules. Do now, moving on...
And the 'fire continues to dumb down...
Ya'll should try the Tradgang forum smile
They want you to use PM for questions to keep from bumping the thread I guess.
They're just mad because they don't have the Python.
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by Esox357
Tell them to GFY!

Exactly! Only I would have spelled the words out.
Paul B.

That's exactly how I responded to the khunght Leelee Jarrett over a supposed "infraction."

Banned for life, I am proud to say.
My late father-in-law was a Colt and Smith collector as am I. He had boxes of parts for both as well as some nice guns that I've sold on those forums. There are some really knowledgeable folks on both sites but if you're not up on the classified rules or how they're enforced it can be a little frustrating. In the situation the OP cited it would've been better IMO for the moderator to reply to the post on the ad warning him for replying and thereby educating others without coming off as a heavy-handed prick.

Several years ago I posted ads for some grips, magazines, a holster and a few other items on one of those sites. The next morning I got a PM from a moderator warning me that I should've consolidated all of it in one ad to save space. And by the way, I deleted your ads. I hadn't seen that "rule" but sure enough there was a sticky about it from a year or two earlier. So make sure you read the rules every time you login in there. It's really important to some people!
Smith & Wesson M & P forum is worthless, visit today same threads next month with few replies. Some ole "newby" questions, what holster do I buy for my Shield, what grain "bullets to you shoot" and how do I clean my Shield. If you're looking for information on Smith & Wesson won't find it there ...........................
Originally Posted by Yote_Dog
If you're looking for information on Smith & Wesson won't find it there ...........................

Really? Hate to be a contrarian there, Yote, but if you're looking for info a S&W, that forum should probably be the first place you go.

Yep...me too! And the Ruger Forum! It appears that the overzealous, moderators with severe Napoleonic Syndrome do not like being questioned of their god like dominance over the forums! What will I ever do without them! 😂

I’ve also be banned from an RV forum! It appears that RV forums are populated by a high percentage of educated left wing, liberal sob’s that are easily offended as are their moderators! I’m traumatized with the banning! 😁 memtb
© 24hourcampfire