Home
I have a friend in the poultry processing business. Was talking to them about the current avian flu outbreak. They are terrified. It's happening early in the year and has spread to wild birds meaning it cannot be contained. We are probably going to see millions of birds culled. His advice was buy a chest freezer and fill it with any poultry product you enjoy because it's going to be expensive or gone. Just a heads-up in case it does come to fruition.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...isconsin-egg-laying-chickens-2022-03-14/
Chicken gives me the chits.
There was a chicken shortage at the grocery store last month, and as soon as it rebounded a bit, I stocked up on thighs in my chest freezer, so I'm already there. I could always add more, though.
There's a shortage of effin' freezers around here.
Originally Posted by 160user
Chicken gives me the chits.

Haha I call CS on that
Beef and pork high as heck.

Now a bird flu shows up at the same time...

There is something awful fishy about all of this.
This is probably fear mongering. Judging from my experiences with Tyson Corp products, no matter what the birds die of...and how long ago...they are going to be packaged and sold in some form anyway.
I suppose [bleep] radiated fish is next?
This the same chicken that said the sky was falling?

Good thing the Sandhills are back.
Originally Posted by rost495

Indeed. They want us to eat bugs and artificial meats.

[Linked Image from hips.hearstapps.com]

[Linked Image from media.npr.org]
The Ukraine invasion is also causing major food shortages. Think we're in for a really bumpy ride this year.
First they raise hell about caged hens. Turn them out and expose them to wild birds carrying all kinds of disease.
Originally Posted by zerotohero
The Ukraine invasion is also causing major food shortages. Think we're in for a really bumpy ride this year.

Never realized Walmart sold so much food shipped in from Ukraine.....

Maybe the Chinese are returning the bio warfare favor we did to them with pork and poultry.
https://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-waging-biological-warfare/
Just picked up another chest freezer last night. Menards was closing a model out. 15 cu ft, normally $599, marked down to $499, and they have their 11% rebate going on.

Bought as a replacement for one that is 15+ years old. Plan on transferring all of our pork to the new one and then filling the old one with fish this spring.
Interesting point, I hadn't thought of that as a potentially contributing factor.
dont worry ,they will soon be having a sale on Soylant Green , you can buy cheap
Avian flu has been hitting for years. Never noticed a chicken shortage before. Give the chickens masks and "vaccines" for goodness sakes... Fauci says they work.
Originally Posted by Caplock
First they raise hell about caged hens. Turn them out and expose them to wild birds carrying all kinds of disease.

I don't think meat birds were ever kept in cages by chicken meat producers. Crowded conditions, but not in cages.
We have 20 Freedom ranger chicks coming in May.
I'm going to give the USDA heck for this, because their retarded disease policies are the real problem. Fully 100% of their effort is to control, limit, eradicate disease, with no consideration at all for maintaining some genetic diversity and breeding for disease resistance. I ran into this headlong with fish. We ran into a disease with a 50% mortality, but a .36 heritability coefficient (meaning that the next generation following a survivor generation will be 36% more resistant). We also have a generational time of 7 months. In 3 years of breeding, mortality would be unnoticable, and we wouldn't have to worry about the risk of infection.

Instead, the USDA locks down a bunch of farms, kills a bunch of animals, writes a bunch or reports, and gets ALL the way back to square one.........until the next time. Fuggin idiot government welfare queens....... I have more respect for welfare hood rats.

Kind of like oil. The impact on global commodities. Ukraine normally produces a lot of wheat and other stuff. With the war, they might be more or less out of play.

Another 'upside' of globalism.
We need to import those three legged chickens from Chernobyl.

Waiting for Mean Green to tell me the ocean is too polluted due to global warming and you can't eat the fish.
Originally Posted by navlav8r

From what I have heard nobody has been able to catch one of those three legged chickens.
Yeah, they’re 50% faster than your average chicken 😁
Freezer is full of buffalo. Costco still has the $% Rotisserie chicken .They told me they do 300+ per day at one store. Need to worry more about price of diesel fuel and fertilizer for farmers.
Originally Posted by ironbender
We have 20 Freedom ranger chicks coming in May.

Well scheidt,

there goes my plan to avoid the raising and butchering of birds.

The freedom rangers were good last year, thanks for the hint on type of chicken to get. I just discovered it makes no sense, after a trial run of 4 birds, to go through the hassle unless I go 20 birds like you and make the process of plucking/butchering/wrapping etc more time efficient.

And, like 9mm and some .223 or 7.62x39 and reloading vs buying factory, it's been cheaper to just get chicken at the store.
I have 2 freezers that I keep full. I have been hungry in my life. Didnt like it.
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by navlav8r

From what I have heard nobody has been able to catch one of those three legged chickens.

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Kind of like oil. The impact on global commodities. Ukraine normally produces a lot of wheat and other stuff. With the war, they might be more or less out of play.

Another 'upside' of globalism.

The importation of Russian Wheat broke a bunch of small farmers in the 1970’s. Kind of like the import of Oil from the Middle East.
If we’d stuck with American produced products back then, we’d be in a lot better shape than we are now.

Perfect example today is all the schitt we import from China.
If we ever go to war with China, all they have to win is cut off their exports of Pharmaceuticals and Medications.
Half of America would be dead or dying in a year. 😡
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

The importation of Russian Wheat broke a bunch of small farmers in the 1970’s. Kind of like the import of Oil from the Middle East.
If we’d stuck with American produced products back then, we’d be in a lot better shape than we are now.

If we ever go to war with China, all they have to win is cut off their exports of Pharmaceuticals and Medications.

I have a feeling 1/2 those left would figure out quickly that they don't really "need" 1/2 of what they take as well. Too many people in this country complain about health care costs because they take 400 dollars a month worth of meds to stop an "pain" they get 3 days a year.

The Globalists put our country (and other countries) on track for "interdependence." That was intentional. If your nation is independent, then it cannot be extorted by the global community, i.e., the international banking cartel, and they wanted all nations to be subject to said extortion. The last thing they wanted was independent nations, and particularly not an independent United States.
Is this all a lead in to the Tribulation?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The Globalists put our country (and other countries) on track for "interdependence." That was intentional. If your nation is independent, then it cannot be extorted by the global community, i.e., the international banking cartel, and they wanted all nations to be subject to said extortion. The last thing they wanted was independent nations, and particularly not an independent United States.
Who do you think you'd get to fill all the factory jobs if we tried to make everything here today ? Factory work is no fun and mostly doesn't pay shyt. You also are typically kept too busy actually working all day to spend time on your phone, surfing the net and gabbing with your internet buddies. In short, factory work sucks ass, requires you to actually work all day and like living in relative poverty. A ten minute break in the morning, a ten minute break in the afternoon, a half hour lunch at midday and the rest of the time you're busting your ass at some mundane repetitive shyt you don't give a damn about and the paycheck leaves you wanting for a decent living. I have serious doubts you'll find enough citizens wanting to do it to make everything here.
We have had an outbreak here for the last couple of weeks. The state has been killing birds at the colonies left and right. The migrating waterfowl bring the disease in. Not the first time and it won't be the last.
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Have had a replacement AC on order for 9 months.
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Have had a replacement AC on order for 9 months.
Just bought and had installed a complete new 4 ton central unit. Ordered Thursday a week ago. They brought it Tuesday and installed it. Price was a bit much $8028.
© 24hourcampfire