Home
3 months. End of June started dating, moved in a week later and three months later we were wed. 26th anniversary coming up and we’ve never had a real “fight”. I married the most patient and giving woman in the world.
It weren't long!

18 months I suppose.
275 days, no shacking up.
4 years, been married for 35 years.
Two years and six months. Been married for 50 years.
Met in college, married about a year after our first date.
8 years? Lived together for about 6 of them. Just celebrated our 30th.
2 years and married 37 years
Been together close to 20 years.

Lived together for 8-9 years before getting married.

Justice of the Peace ceremony.
I knew a couple that met through what was know back then as mail order brides. They never met until the day they married. They lived all of their adult lives together. Truly until death did they part.
9 years, 4 months, off and on, married not quite 26.
21 months, married forty years. Never lived together
Met in 3rd grade, started dating at 16, married right after I graduated high school (18 years old. She was 19). Our 34 year anniversary was yesterday.
10 years
About a year and three months. Lived together about a year.
Going on twenty seven years now.
For me it was nearly 3 years. I was active duty USN and I made her put up with 2 major deployments before I popped the question. Wanted to know for sure she could handle that lifestyle.
On and off for 4 yrs. Been married for 43.
Almost 2 years, no shacking up.
Met in January '83, but didn't "date" until a month or so later--which meant we went out and mostly talked about our plans for life, since both of us had been married (and "burned") before. After that things went quickly: We moved in together in early June, and married in early October.
13 months, be 29 years married next month.
Met in March
Engaged that December
Married in July

Gonna be 27 years
I'll plug in the bouquet from our fiftieth anniversary.

Each flower has a meaning.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
The first one was 3 months. The second was 15 months, we lived together for a year. I demanded that part.
Five years.
Met in college, moved in together our senior year, and were married after we both were gainfully employed.
Married 22 years this October………it hasn’t been perfect, but what is in life?
Our parents were friends. Her grandfather treated me like a grandson before she and her brother were born. She’s 17 years younger. We always knew of each other. Didn’t really know each other until circumstances brought us together. Sparks flew…spent a couple of years just looking at each other, finally…. Most wonderful wife imaginable.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll plug in the bouquet from our fiftieth anniversary.

Each flower has a meaning.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

you're the man Wabi. You're wife is a lucky woman.
About 3 months.Been married for 43 years so far. grin
Met when we were 23 and decided the day we met that we’d give it a go. We got engaged a couple years later. We got married 18 months after that. So, just short of 4 years.
The luckiest woman in the world wink and I dated for 3 years. We couldn't have been any more different. 3 months after we met I took her to my canoe team's annual "Heathen Fest". A couple months later I took her to a mafia wedding (I was in the wedding party). I've always said she hung around just out of morbid curiosity.
We'll be married 35 years in August.
Met in april and married in april 3 years later, be 42 years next month. Met in church, first BF/GF for us both... just how it worked out... I'm sure we each have had our regrets about that at times, but we are both stubborn and have weathered the storms. Lots of good days and sorrowful ones.

Kent
We met in the 9th grade. We married forty years later at age 52. In the meantime, a lot of life happened to each of us. After nearly 30 years of marriage her husband died and in the same year my wife of 25 years died after a long battle with cancer. We reconnected and have now been married for 24 years. We have five kids, 12 grandkids, and three great-grandkids. Live can be very hard to predict sometimes.
Fell in love with her the day I met her. Dating within a week, married 18 months later.

21st anniversary coming here in a month or so. No regrets on my end.
Originally Posted by super T
We met in the 9th grade. We married forty years later at age 52. In the meantime, a lot of life happened to each of us. After nearly 30 years of marriage her husband died and in the same year my wife of 25 years died after a long battle with cancer. We reconnected and have now been married for 24 years. We have five kids, 12 grandkids, and three great-grandkids. Live can be very hard to predict sometimes.

Life is a roller coaster. Some of us get the fast pass, some of us get to wait in line. All of us get to take a wild ride.
Met my wife when I was living in St. Paul, MN. 2 days after we met I invited her over to my apartment and she never left that was June 1986 married Jun 1987 still together.
Just under 4 months and we lived 500 miles apart.....
9 months but I knew right away that I gotta lock this one down.

I wasn’t going to let her get away and I knew that I couldn’t be on my best behavior much longer than that. 😁

25 years now and stronger than ever.
Four months. This year will be 9 years of marriage.
Met her Jan 5, '74.
Married her Dec 20, '75.
46 years - hope it lasts.

Most who know us figure there'll be no divorce -
but a death in the family - and most bets say it'll be mine.
There are several volunteer juries standing by in the wings. smile
First date in April. Proposed that December. Married following July, so 15 months.

32 years together; married 31 this July.
Met my wife to be in Jan. 71, married her in May 72 and will celebrate our 50th anniversary on May 27th.
It's been a good 50 years.
I met #1 in college. I was a senior and she was a freshman. We waited 3 years until she graduated.
After she died many years later, I met #2. We dated for a year before getting married.
17 years of dating before wedding. She was not sure I was Mr. Right.
She probable still isn’t but we are at 25 years together.
5 weeks on the ex. [bleep] show from the get go, big mistake. Best thing to come out of it is my son. Amazing kid despite her influence.

Love of my life 4 years. We've been together 13 years and still both are giddy just being around each other. Love her more every day. My boy was 1 when she met us. I still don't know what she sees in me but I'll take it. Though thick and thin we always have each other and that's all we'll ever need. Phenomenal mother and wife. Good shot, great cook and the most dependable person I've ever met. Plus she's hot. Zero complaints here!
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
5 weeks on the ex. [bleep] show from the get go, big mistake. Best thing to come out of it is my son. Amazing kid despite her influence.

Love of my life 4 years. We've been together 13 years and still both are giddy just being around each other. Love her more every day. My boy was 1 when she met us. I still don't know what she sees in me but I'll take it. Though thick and thin we always have each other and that's all we'll ever need. Phenomenal mother and wife. Good shot, great cook and the most dependable person I've ever met. Plus she's hot. Zero complaints here!

Sounds like an amazing woman and you are a lucky man!

7 years from meetin’ to marryin’ for me. Met in 1988. crazy I got lucky the first time, and I’d echo everything you said except mine is a terrible shot. smile
My future wife was an Executive Assistant on a show for which i was writing, at Goldwyn Studios. Later we began dating and got married about 1½ years after meeting. We were happily married for 43½ years, then my wife died two years ago from Alzheimer's disorder. First -- and last -- marriage for each of us.

L.W.
Met in December. Went out for the first time on Feb 14th. Got married in October.
6 months dated. Bumped into each other a few times at work a yr or so before. Big D after 12 yrs

That was twenty yrs ago and I see no reason to marry again.
Just over 2 years. Married 50 years in July.
Met at 14, started dating at 25, married at 28. First for us both.
7 years, second time for both. I was the foot dragger .
I first laid eyes on my wife of 40 years (and was smitten) at her Grandmother's funeral, Labor Day weekend 1982.
It was late October before we actually started seeing each other.
She fixed Thanksgiving dinner for both our families.
We announced our intention to get married at my family's Christmas Party.
The ceremony was Feb 13.
Our son was born Sept 1.
Met in basic training on a base pass, married half way through my year long tech school. Took 5 months to get assigned together, we were in different states after basic until then. Wedding was the 8 th time I actually saw her, the phones and post office got a workout. That was over 51 years ago and I still thank God for allowing us to share our lives.
Met in '87 and started dating in '89. Dated for 8 years. Got married in '97. We wanted a house and a new vehicle for her, so we took our time. We will make our 25th in October.

Clyde
One year and two days from our first date to our wedding. September of this year will make 50 years. She is the love of my life.
5 years. Been together 29 yrs married for 24
4 years, coming up on our 16th year of marriage.

Came close before, dated a chick for two years, she was stunner, she wanted to get married, I told her I needed to finish school first. She wouldnt have it. If I'm not mistaken, she is on her 3rd marriage now. Oh well. Bitch messaged me on facebook about a year ago....I didn't even respond.
First date September 17th, 1996.
Engaged February 14th, 1997.
Married September 6th, 1997.
Met my wife in highschool at a house beer party. We dated 6 years and got married after i got out of college. Three kids later and now 5 grand kids, next week will be 37 years.
jackmountain;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the weekend was a good one for you folks and you're all well.

Thanks for the thread, it makes for an interesting read for sure and of course thanks to our Fellow 'Fire Folks for answering to make it that too.

We'd met once previously a few years prior, but the story we tell our kids is that she jumped into my Toyota 4x4 after an Easter supper at the church we attended.

She was in university and went away for summer school where we wrote letters and made the occasional phone call, but long distance was expensive back then.

When she got back we decided that if this wasn't "it" then we didn't know what "it" might actually be, so we got married in October when we were about done combining.

That was 40 years ago and like you, I don't recall us raising our voices at each other more than a handful of times in that stretch. She's extremely bright and has a tremendous work ethic, which I've always respected.

Thanks again all.

Dwayne
We met in college in 84, she graduated then with me a year later. She moved north and we lived together for a couple of years then married in 87.
Met late in our freshman year at Kansas State university. Started dating at the start of our sophomore year. Dated through the rest of college. Married six months after we were both graduated, in December 1973.
Been together since, 48 plus years.
Met 10/21/98 married 05/24/99
Two and a half years.....just celebrated 51 years this month.
2 years and a few months, been married 41 years in Oct.
Future brother in law played on my Little League team. The wedding was not planned until some years later. When asked, I sometimes forget the wedding date. In that case, I answer: "It seems like only yesterday". If works as long as I keep a straight face. If I smirk, I'm toast.
Met at 8 yrs old, started dating at 18, married at 21. Number 44 coming up this May!
8 months - will be 50 years next month.
Old Cuss
When we first met she said she'd pray for me. After a few months she put her phone number in a peanut butter cream pie and we went out and hit it off. I'm convinced she was sent as my savior. It took me a couple of years before I saw the light and we got married. Been married now for 36 years as of last week. I can't imagine only having loved one woman.
Met the week after Thanksgiving during 3rd year of college.
I was about to ask her out a few days later, but she beat me to it.
I had to turn her down because I had National Guard duty that weekend. She was hurt, thought it was an excuse to let her down easy.
I made a date for the next week.

2.5 months later, we were engaged.
We wanted to marry as soon as the semester ended, but would be moving to pharmacy school in August and we'd have no place to live.
Married July 28 and immediately moved to Oxford after returning from honeymoon.

So, 7 months from the day we met. We will be married for 38 years come July.
13 years. You can't be too careful.
Ive been with my wife for 5 years, married for 2. Shes the best woman i could ever ask for. Gave me a perfect healthy son and deals with my [bleep] on a daily basis. Shes my best friend.
3 Months, Oct. 1971 married Dec. 28 1971
50 years
Met her in high school, few years behind me and didn't give her much notice. Met her again 3 years later while I was competing in a college track meet at her school, man she had changed and I made sure to go up and talk with her for a bit. Didn't meet again for 3 more years when I was home on a two week break from grad school. Whirlwind of dating in two weeks and we were engaged within a year and married 5 months after that.

Been married almost 18 years, 3 children. It's not always easy but we do love each other and I trust her to honor that commitment till death as she trusts me to do the same. One thing I know for absolute certainty is there is not one woman out there who would have been a better choice and I am thankful that God kept bringing her back to me.
About two years on both, 11 yrs the first, 35 the second.
6 months been married 43 years!
Met, as classmates in 1st year of high school 13year olds.

Started dating at 16, grade 11.

Married at 22, in 1988.

Met to dating - 3 years

Dating to married - 6 years

Married 34 years, this fall.
Longest I could get a woman to hang around without proposing marriage has been 4 years , so far. At 59 years old most of the women who I date have been married a few times in the past. My excuse now is that it doesn't seem like marriage works for them.
Met 86', Dated off and on, Married 90'.
2 1/2 years, met in College, got engaged 1 1/2 year later, waited for her to turn 21, she did in March, got married in April. Back in the 60's you didn't shack up, Next month will be 54 years.
Meet
engaged at 0.5 years
Married at 1.3 years
now 45 years
9 months. We just passed 40 years.

kwg
Won't bother with the first wife, just a total disaster.

Met Wife number two at work. I was working at the Post Office at the time and she came in with a group of Christmas help. I looked at the group from across the room and told myself she's the one. Took a while before I could talk to her but we had a date on our first set of days off. She was married but separated and had three kids. We moved in together, pooled our money to pay for her divorce. Took two years for that to happen but then we married That was July 3, 1968. One year later on July 3 1969 our daughter was born. Just worked out that way. If she'd have lived, we'd be spending our 53rd anniversary as married and 55 years total together. She passed three years ago.
Paul B.
Met her on the 6th of June. Took her out on her birthday on the 12th of June. We got hitched on the 14th of October the same year. 55 years ago.
Dated 5 years, with a 1 year break in middle (I got a job and couldn't stand having her 3rd in priority after job & newly purchased house). No "living in sin" together while dating.

Will be married 32 years in May. She still wears the diamond pendant I gave her for Christmas 4 months after we started dating. Don't know why she's put up with me for 37 years, but obviously a keeper.
Met July 4, 1989. Married November 4, 1989. Son born 12/26/1990, daughter 20 months later. Still together through Devine intervention. smile
14 months
Married 37 years past Feb
Originally Posted by shootem
….Still together through Devine intervention. smile

Devine intervention?…..Andy Devine intervened in your marriage and that saved it? I gotta hear that story. 😁

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Devine
Met a red-haired, freckle-faced girl in 1975. She batted her green eyes at me and the chase was on. First date was in March of 1976; we were married that November. 45 years and going up!
I call her my "Mureen O'Hara. She is Scottish wink
3 and a half years, but we were young. Married at 20, almost 25 years ago.
Two years for the first go-round.
One and a half the second time.
Back then: I was too busy doing my own thing to remember times and dates.

Now: I need the wall calendar to keep out of trouble once a year. It's says 40th this year on April 25th.

She saved my life.
First one was months(oh was I stupid) Second one was a year and half
11 years
1 1/2 years and it will be 44 years in september
5 years and been married 52 years
I worked with her brother and didn't know her.

First time I laid eyes on her was at a basketball game her brother and I were at, sitting in the bleachers, and down this creature walked.

I said to Doug '...best pair of walking away bluejeans I have ever laid eyes on...'

Doug says '...HEY!, that's my sister...'

Spoke to her at a picnic a few weeks later, started dating a few weeks after that, asked her to marry a couple of months later, had to wait for her to finish high school, a vo-tech class(and get a job wink )

Married about two years after meeeting.

Been married 46 come August.

PS: those jeans were awesome, they should have been bronzed

smile
Met in May, proposed in Sept, Married Jan. 32 years 3 kids 1 grandchild.

Met in a french restaurant. I was a line cook and she was a pastry assistant.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by shootem
….Still together through Devine intervention. smile

Devine intervention?…..Andy Devine intervened in your marriage and that saved it? I gotta hear that story. 😁

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Devine

Andy wasn’t available so God handled his light work. Was almost like He knew what He was doing.
10 years? She was a high school freshman and I was a junior. Our lives went round and round and we happened to clicked at the same time. 38 married years in June.
Right at 13 years. We met in 1st grade, got married right out of high school.
5 months
33 years yesterday!
33 months, married 17 years as of March 1st.
5-6 months, nearly 25 yrs ago
33 years, really, no kidding!
12 months. September to September, will be 50 years this September.
Less than 6 months, I remember thinking I'd be lucky to spend my life with her. I was right, it'll be 41 years in July.
Knew a guy in the ARMY that dated a girl for about a year and married her. He filed for divorce in less than a month
Met her in 68, I was 12 she was 14, started dating in 74 and married in 78. 44 years in July. Her father was the pastor that married us, wrote me a letter telling me what a horrible person she was soon after that.He was wrong.
My wife and I knew each other for 8 years before we got married. I was taking it slow because I wanted to sure she was interested in me and not papers to America. We are going on 17 years married.
Originally Posted by krp
Met in april and married in april 3 years later, be 42 years next month. Met in church, first BF/GF for us both... just how it worked out... I'm sure we each have had our regrets about that at times, but we are both stubborn and have weathered the storms. Lots of good days and sorrowful ones.

Kent

Kent, you and your wife make one of the most wonderful couples I've ever known in my life.... no lie...

same with Paul and his wife.....
My first wife, I was married to her for over a million years....

we just condensed it into 8... that was more than enough for me...

sucked the will to live right out of you.....

I only got married to my first wife, due to my mom was demanding I get married because" I owed her grandchildren" ( her words, not mine)..
the gal I had wanted to married, was out of my life when I pushed her away.. I was too young in college to consider marriage.. I was too busy, putting myself thru college,
while trying to stay on step ahead of the draft, and being sent to Vietnam...

If I had known what my future was going to be, from my college years... after I pushed Rosemary out of my life.. and I could back it up..

I would have become a doctor after I got out of the service, and spent a career working at St Jude's Children's Hospital, taking care of kids in need...
wouldn't have had financial goals... just do God's work to help others survive, especially ill children...

I think that would have been the most useful thing I could be for my existence on this planet...serving those who were in need...

Money really never meant nothing to me....had the ability to become a millionaire.. just never the interest in doing so..
helping others in life was what appealed to me the most...
Got most people beat. Three weeks. Been married now for 24 years.
7 months. Been married for 50 years.
23 months for us. This July will be 25 years
3 months from meeting to 1st date.

11 months total from meeting to marriage.

42 wonderful years ( well, most all of them😉 )this September.

She ( as someone said above) saved me. A good women can do that.

Couple of years. I was trying it on for size, see if it fit!
Not married yet, well she is but not to me. Known her since 4th grade and I've loved her for decades. Her current husband cheated on her and that was that. Still married to him "for the kids"
However long the person prefers. In my case a couple years on the first one (bad idea), 9 months on the second one (outstanding idea).
1st time 4 years while we waited for her to finish college. We were married 33 years when cancer got her. I met #2 a year later and we dated for a year before marriage. 14 years on this one.
met in 91 married in 2015, but lived together the whole time.
Four years. I wasn't going to be the reason she didn't finish her degree. 22 years and counting.
2 years 2 months...........

But then I waited for her to finish HS, go to VOTECH School, and get a job...... that was 48 years ago..........
I say 6 years if you didnt grow up with them. 4 if you did. So far this rule has served me well. I never been married. I suppose they either got tired of waiting or figured out I aint no prize.
I’ve noticed that it seems like the longer one is engaged after 2 years the better the chance that the marriage won’t last. Conversely those that get engaged and married quickly seem to generally go the distance. That obviously not a hard and fast rule but a guideline that has been fairly accurate over the years.

Sorta like the inverse relationship between the size of the engagement ring and the length of the marriage. In my experience the bigger and more expensive the ring the shorter the marriage.
About two years. We will have been married for six years this December. We’ve had our struggles and are not an ideal match. An unplanned pregnancy was a motivating factor.

She’s a good person and mother, she’s responsible and has a solid career. Things have improved overtime. I wasn’t passionately in love with her the way that I would have liked when we married but it has made life better for both of us and especially our daughter so it made sense.

Our daughter means the world to me and even with the ups and downs in the marriage I really enjoy married life and time with her and the kids. Being single at 25 can be fun. It’s taken some adjustment but I wouldn’t want to be 45 and single with nothing to come home to. I’d do it over again absolutely.
Blind date in spring of our sophomore year, married after we graduated and I got commissioned so a bit over two years. We made 50 years a few weeks ago.
First date March 26
Engaged December 15
Married the next July 15

27 years so far. Happy as hell.
We’ve been together 25 years married 17 of those she gives me hell at times but I deserve it and she’s a damn good cook and keeps the castle spotless
about 6 months. Got down on one knee to ask her to marry me on Saturday, found out she was pregnant on Monday, 25 years, this y ear
2 years, 45 years ago. Lived together for one of those years - it seemed like it might work! First kid 6 years into marriage.

Trust, but verify.... smile
About 7 yrs,
Be 30 next month.
She must be downing some heavy pharmacueticals to stick around this long.
Well met mid November she left next day on 2 weeks vacation. Married in early January. About seven weeks total. Will be 34 years this January.
Met 11/10/93. But I had seen her at her work.
Married 9/9/95
First met -Jan 5, 1974.
Married - Dec 20, 1975.

Between Christmas, anniversary, and all - I tend to forget her birthday - Jan 2. frown
I knew my future wife for seven or eight years before dating. We only dated for about 8 months then married.

36years later, I still introduce her as my 1st wife. smile
6 months, been married for 44 years.
Dated 13 months. Most people see us as totally different, but at our core we're a good match. Later this month will be our 39th anniversary.
April 30, to Sep. 55 soon.
I have learned from experience to wait at least 48 hours of sobriety!
A year and a half
Originally Posted by JLWilson
Two years and six months. Been married for 50 years.
3 years been married 29 years that weren’t easy
Met at work in August, first date was the night before Thanksgiving, engaged 3 weeks later, married in July. Had anniversary #46 July 2022. Could have been easier, could have been harder, but we're still kickin'.
13 years
Thats just a damn ridiculous question, who in the hell on a forum you have never met is qualified to answer?
2 Years and in our 13th year she ran off with what I thought was my best friend.
He did take a lot of stress away from me when she ran off with him.
He is on his last leg and she probably found someone else to screw.
It will not be me.

My girl now we have been together well over 25 years and never signed any papers.
She gets on my nerves at times but she is still with me.
about 2 years married 48 till she passed, great wife and mother grand mother. .
would be 54 years now

i would do it again.
norm
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Met in 3rd grade, started dating at 16, married right after I graduated high school (18 years old. She was 19). Our 34 year anniversary was yesterday.
Lol met in 5th grade marri at 22 ..39 years together...
8 months and we have been married for 30 years.
Enjoying this thread, so we'll play along too. We met at Purdue University at a Frat/ Sorority trade party right before school was out in 1963. Had a "coke date" right before summer break. Reconnected that next fall and dated steadily the next two years. Got married right after graduation for both of us in 1965. And, after a one day honeymoon, immediately moved to Boston for an internship for me and grad school for her. We have moved all around this great land following our careers.

We have been married 57 years on June 12. I have often said that "GOD" had a hand in getting us together because neither one of us wanted to go to that frat/sorority party!! We have one son and two fine grandsons who are both in college now. And I love her more every day; we have been truly blessed in our marriage. grin
11 months now married 42 years
Six years exactly, from Nov. 1979 to Nov. 1985. Coming up on our 37 anniversary.
on the 4th wife now. Met her in Sept, married in April. 30 years so far.
One year and two days from our first date until we got married. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary.
We dated for 4 1/2 years. Been married 41 years.

Ron
Dated for a year before we got married.
Went to a pre-Cana weekend and we were more on the same pages than couples that had been dating 4 years or more.
© 24hourcampfire