Home
May the Fourth be with you.

Still like the original three Star Wars movies.
My favorite is still 2001: A Space Odyssey
The Russkey’s Strike Back featuring Putin as Dark Helmet..
The Martian is very good too.
The first Star Wars movie I saw was Return of the Jedi. I was done.
Spaceballs.
Favorite sci-fi movie is definitely The Fifth Element.
Originally Posted by Dess

Me too. Much better than the ones that followed. I even prefer the original special effects vs the remastered versions with new special effects scenes spliced in.
Alien and Aliens.
Marvel series, Avengers, etc.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Me too. Much better than the ones that followed. I even prefer the original special effects vs the remastered versions with new special effects scenes spliced in.

No kidding. Han shot first...plain and simple...never should have changed that.
Maximum Overdrive

Abyss
Aliens

Honorable mention
The Thing
Interstellar
The Martian
T2
The Matrix
Aliens, the special edition is even better.

Alien is a close 2nd though....

As far as recents, District 9 was pretty good.

As far as any of the newer star wars outside of the 1st three originals. I really enjoyed Rogue One.

Alien

Aliens

The Thing

Three favorites. Watched them many times.
Predator

The Fifth Element

Alien
The Thing .... Return of the Jedi....Predator.....for a good easygoing flick = The Last Starfighter
In thinking about it, I like a lot of sci-fi movies.

Dune is a classic and the recent remake is incredible IMO.

Also, Blade runner and the recent continuation are both good.
Mars Attacks!
I don't watch any stories on the TV box except the ones where John Wayne was a-screwin the red headed gal from Gone With The Wind. All of them robots and space monkeys will catch you the Gay.
Blade Runner
Aliens
The Thing
Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Planet of the Apes
Twilight Zone movie

"you want to see something really scary"?
Klato burada nikto!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Klato burada nikto!

Yep, that one too.
Sitting around the pool at the Grand Californian hotel having lunch and coffee. Taking the kids to the private Star Wars party at 5. A quick last minute trip to break up the monotony of going 3 months without traveling. 😁. Never was into Sci-fi or Star Wars but I like traveling and exploring so here I am back in Cali.

Beautiful 75* sunny day…..
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Anne Francis was hot in that movie, eh?
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Alien
Signs
Predator

5th Element and Blade Runner
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Favorite sci-fi movie is definitely The Fifth Element.

As is mine...all of the one liner's were awesome! Bruce at his best!
2. Blade Runner
3. Dune
4. Total Recall (w/Arnold)
As to the original question, the favorite of mine was the third one out...
Originally Posted by Morewood
Planet of the Apes

Finally! A full 1/3 of the way down the 2nd page!
What the hells wrong with you people?
Holy smokes.
7mm
The Thing.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The Thing.

You know,..The Thing. C'mon man!
Another fave:

Not a movie, but fav sci-fi is Futurama. A good mix of stupid plots and clever humor.
MST3K is there too - but that's not one singular movie.
No one has said the Star Wars Christmas Special.

Cocaine must be a hell of a drug.

[Linked Image from filmschoolrejects.com]
Originally Posted by auk1124
I don't watch any stories on the TV box except the ones where John Wayne was a-screwin the red headed gal from Gone With The Wind. All of them robots and space monkeys will catch you the Gay.

Yep, that was Vivian Leigh in The Searchers. wink

L.W.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

I thought it was Lucille Ball? Maybe he was a-screwin all of em.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

I thought it was Lucille Ball? Maybe he was a-screwin all of em.

Well, he was John Wayne................

which is pretty close to Chuck Norris................

or ..............................

John Holmes???

My favorite remains the original Star Wars. It was either the first or second movie I ever saw in a theater. The other, either the day before or the day after, was some animated cartoon. It was perception-shattering.

Some other favorites .. Total Recall (1990 version), Armageddon, Independence Day, The Fifth Element, Starship Troopers, They Live, The Last Starfighter, Avatar, Men in Black, The Terminator ... probably more I'm forgetting. Good sci fi is a good story first, sci fi second. Same for westerns. It's not really any more about the space ship than it is about the horse. Oh .. say those things and another comes to mind "Cowboys and Aliens".
The Terminator and T2 - saw both in the theater. Ironically, T2 came out and people were wondering why they did a sequel of a low rent Terminator that never had much run. Only after T2 did Terminator become a cult classic.

Also - add Robocop to that. Just the first one. Great movie.

Originally Posted by Teal
MST3K is there too - but that's not one singular movie.

Lol great movie reviews...great stuff imo...
Them guys were so good.....they were picking out actors that died in the 1st 30 mins of a movie , than in the last half there they were again ....dressed different and a different job... cheap azz movies lol
The Terminator and T2 - saw both in the theater. Ironically, T2 came out and people were wondering why they did a sequel of a low rent Terminator that never had much run. Only after T2 did Terminator become a cult classic.

This is incorrect.
"The Day the Earth Stood Still"

This is incorrect.

Yes - monster hits usually wait 7 years for their sequel. It made a whopping 34m during it's run in 84. Good for 21st overall, with such monsters like Purple Rain and Breakin' ahead of it.

This is incorrect.

Yes - monster hits usually wait 7 years for their sequel. It made a whopping 34m during it's run in 84. Good for 21st overall, with such monsters like Purple Rain and Breakin' ahead of it.

Sorry, you were just wrong. It happens.
Rocky Horror

This is incorrect.

With strong evidence like this - I can see why people listen to you about - well nothing.

ETA -

Cameron admits he forgot about doing a sequel and it wasn't until the film company called him about it and offered him 6mm to do it that he bothered with it. Again - not the mark of a huge movie to begin with. No one forgets to make a sequel to a big movie.

No one was clamoring for a sequel to the movie - not fans because it wasn't generally considered a blockbuster. Successful - yeah, but in the vein that anything that turned a profit was considered successful. Purple Rain - a movie about Prince did 2x at the box office so let's not say that the movie public in 84 was super discerning.

Arnold and Cameron went on to be bigger stars but that's not what we're talking about. Talking about public clamoring for a Terminator sequel and when T2 came out (before it blew people away with CGI) people were asking "why?"
Star Wars is good, My self, I like Doctor Who.

This is incorrect.

With strong evidence like this - I can see why people listen to you about - well nothing.

ETA -

Cameron admits he forgot about doing a sequel and it wasn't until the film company called him about it and offered him 6mm to do it that he bothered with it. Again - not the mark of a huge movie to begin with. No one forgets to make a sequel to a big movie.

No one was clamoring for a sequel to the movie - not fans because it wasn't generally considered a blockbuster. Successful - yeah, but in the vein that anything that turned a profit was considered successful. Purple Rain - a movie about Prince did 2x at the box office so let's not say that the movie public in 84 was super discerning.

Arnold and Cameron went on to be bigger stars but that's not what we're talking about. Talking about public clamoring for a Terminator sequel and when T2 came out (before it blew people away with CGI) people were asking "why?"

You were wrong. Quit being an asswhole about it.

Terminator played nonstop on cable movie channels like HBO, Showtime and Cinemax for those 7 years until T2.
To say it became a cult classic only after T2 came out is not only wrong, it's an idiotic assertion. Deal with it.
yep 5th Element and Blade Runner

and Silent Running.

Them!
Metropolis
Soldier
Many others
Dark City wasn't bad.
The Wrath of Khan..

πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄
Originally Posted by richj
yep 5th Element and Blade Runner

and Silent Running.

5th Element is πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Funny in many ways.

Blade RunnerπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Originally Posted by 1894CL
Mars Attacks!

LOL!!!
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
ACK ACK
🀣🀣🀣🀣

Good times with my 2 M240 crews in 3/187th using ACK ACK back in the day.
Schit spread like wild fire thru out the company on live fire ranges.
Rest of Bn started picking it up on qual ranges.
Supposed to be Bco thing.....

Got to the point it came down thru BC and CSM in CO and 1SG company and Bn meetings.

No more ACK ACK when firing a 240 or 249.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
I grew up with Star Wars, and still love it. Yes, it can be goofy and has some problems, but it's still great. And I think the Star Wars story came to its happy conclusion in 1983. The "Prequels" were done VERY poorly, and anything produced by Disney is absolute garbage on so many levels. George Lucas is an odd duck, and he couldn't stop messing with success, and in the 90's he began screwing with the original trilogy. Some things he did, I think, out of sheer spite. You people don't like my prequels? Well, take this then!.... Jar Jar Binks is now in your precious Return of the Jedi!

I won't watch any of the fugged-up modern versions. The movies in their original 1977, 1980, and 1983 forms are no longer available (it is said that George Lucas personally destroyed the original masters to replace them with his digitally enhanced versions), so unless you have an old VHS tape, you basically can't see it how it was meant to be seen (and VHS tapes are generally going to be "formatted to fit this screen"). BUT... A gentleman named Pietr Harmy worked through existing copies of the movies, and came up with clear versions that look as close to how the originals did as possible.

Shockingly, they are still available to be seen on the internet. Watch and download them while you can.

https://archive.org/details/star.-wars.-1977.-despecialized.-720p.x-264.-ac-3.5.1

https://archive.org/details/the.-empire.-strikes.-back.-1980.-despecialized.-720p.x-264.-ac-3.5.1

https://archive.org/details/return.-of.-the.-jedi.-1983.-despecialized.-720p.x-264.-ac-3.5.1
In no particular order:

A Clockwork Orange

A Boy and His Dog

Heavy Metal

Blade Runner

The Road Warrior

Blade Runner
Steel Dawn with Patrick Swayzee is a hidden gym
No one said Tremors?

And

Tremors 2
Tremors 3
Tremors 4.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Planet of the Apes
Pandorum
The Black Hole 1979 version if there was a remake.
I’ll tell ya a Sci Fi that doesn’t get a lot of love is Spielberg’s War of the Worlds.

It’s on Netflix right now and I gotta say it’s aging just fine.
© 24hourcampfire