Home
Posted By: steve4102 The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/05/22
Actually it’s been “Here” since 2016,

It’s a Lever Gun chambered in the worlds best, most accurate, most awesome cartridge ever designed, you guessed it, The 6.5 Creedmoor

Yes ladies and gentleman you can now have your cake and eat it too with the Henry Long Ranger chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor Equipped with a detachable box magazine and free floated barrel it puts tube feed lever Guns to shame in both function and accuracy, it’s also one handsome sumbitch.

Oh, and for those that want/need even more awesomeness, the Long Ranger is also available in 7.62 Creedmoor.

Check it out today.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/the-long-ranger/

PS, my apologies to you ladies and gentleman if I offended you by referring to you as “ladies” and “gentleman”.
Be aware that if you order it in 6.5 Creed, it's known as the Gay Ranger.
What about the 7.62 Creedmore, same or no?
interesting i may order one in 6.5cm be an ideal woods rifle for hunitng eastern whitetails
Ladies and Gentlemen is fine for most.

But, we do have a few "Menstruating Persons" here!
Anybody have a range report to share for one of these?
Nice looking rifle IMO. It obviously looks a lot like the Browning BLR.
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Rump Ranger.
Posted By: Osky Re: The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/05/22
It’s ok, for some reason it just doesn’t have the Henry look. Just my goofy eyes I suppose.

Osky
It was already made over 100 years ago. The Winchester 1894 in 30 30.
Got to fondle one in .308 last summer at the local gun emporium. I was impressed, and almost bought it on the spot.
I have been watching this rifle for some time..... But, I want somthing with a little bigger punch... like a 338 federal or 358 Winchester. If Henry can make that happen. I would be a buyer.
I have not been able to find one in 308 yet only 223 for some reason.
Looks to be a pretty nice offering. I’m gonna get one in my hands next chance I get. The stock grip and forearm look a little boxy, but it’s hard to tell from the pics and video.
A half cock on the hammer would be a nice feature for my mind. At least it doesn’t have that ratty looking cross bolt that Winchester went with.

The guys in the last video working the action are brutal on the lever. It makes me cringe every time they cycle it. I hope that’s not what it takes to cycle it normally.
Nice looking rifle for sure but a lever action with a smooth barrel looks out of place. Its nice that they give you a choice. Not crazy about the extra thick butt pad though.
The lines and appearance " flow" of the Henry's is just mehhh to me.
I suppose it is their niche appearance factor.
Have handled the long rangers in LGS,s around here out of curiosity.

They just feel strange ergo wise also.

Wnchester, Marlin, Savage got it right.
Browning BLR,s also feel strange to me.
But thats just me...

I dont see the 6.5 creedmoor drawing alot of the neckbeard, manbun, or flat bill crowd to a lever rifle if that is Henry's subliminal intent or hope....

Now for actual lever rifle guys it is probably gonna generate sales for those who are interested in 6.5 creedmoor also.
Steve: Fine Rifle.... probably?
Best Rifle ever..... not even close.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Don’t think using offensive language as in (man)bun is allowed.
Do you think Sean H. has one?
Originally Posted by Raeford

The Creedmoor is to manly for Sean
Originally Posted by steve4102

But he was a brick mason
and a dishwasher
and a dock worker
.and a house painter
I ain’t got no man bun so I will pass.
Don’t think using offensive language as in (man)bun is allowed.

Sorry..

Didn't realize you might sport a manbun.
🤷‍♂️😆😆😁😁

But he was a brick mason
and a dishwasher
and a dock worker
.and a house painter

Pistol marksman since age 11!
Screw the 6.5 Manbun, but one chambered in 556 is more interesting to me than anything Henry has offered to date.

I still think I'll stick with my 99 Savages though.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/05/22
Wow, that is one hideous son of a bitch. Does it come with eye bleach?
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/05/22

PS, my apologies to you ladies and gentleman if I offended you by referring to you as “ladies” and “gentleman”.

I am deeply offended. My pronoun here on the 'fire is 'bastid'.....
Originally Posted by DeadHead

But he was a brick mason
and a dishwasher
and a dock worker
.and a house painter

Pistol marksman since age 11!

Don’t forget Ninja

Henry is the worst company to attempt building a lever action rifle. It’s like they had 3 people in different parts of the world build the stock, action and barrel assembly without knowing what the other 2 were doing.
When it comes together, it is so hideous, only a mutant would consider buying that morphadite mess…
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Henry is the worst company to attempt building a lever action rifle. It’s like they had 3 people in different parts of the world build the stock, action and barrel assembly without knowing what the other 2 were doing.
When it comes together, it is so hideous, only a mutant would consider buying that morphadite mess…

Did you not read the OP.

It comes in Creedmoor, what else do you want for f sake.
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/05/22

Gotta agree with Shrapnel on this one. The rifle is butt ugly, Henry quality remains a question, and in a 6.5 Creed to appeal to the man-bun latte sipping Subaru driving crowd. Its a solid no from me....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: OGB Re: The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/05/22
Originally Posted by mikieb
I have been watching this rifle for some time..... But, I want somthing with a little bigger punch... like a 338 federal or 358 Winchester. If Henry can make that happen. I would be a buyer.

JES can make it happen.
Originally Posted by ingwe

I am deeply offended. My pronoun here on the 'fire is 'OLD bastid'.....

FIXT
I've fondled a couple and really liked them. Light and lively in the hand. As a lefty they are tempting for sure. One in 308 would answer a lot of hunting questions.
Looks like a model Browning used to offer.
GMAAB!!

Whenever I hear hannahdee pushing a rifle brand

I'm not impressed.......

Why would such a martial arts whizz bang ever need a gun?
Henry’s got a manbun now?
They need to offer one with a plastic stock for the lever action tacticool crowd.
i think Jack O`Connors said it best : Winchester Model 70 ,the riflesman rifle .
Ugly as homemade soap.
Why pussyfoot around with a 6.5 creedmoor in a lever action, when you can get the same gun in .308 winchester and shoot 7.6 creedmoor rounds through it so you can be one with the gun and identify as nonbinary?

Kind of surprised Henry didn't put threads on the end of this queer contraption for flash or sound suppression.
Originally Posted by pete53
i think Jack O`Connors said it best : Winchester Model 70 ,the riflesman rifle .

You do realize that a crescent wrench, even if its made by snap-on isn't the only tool in the box don't you?
After watching the site scroll through the close up pictures at the bottom of the page it is just as I thought- just another typical POS Henry rifle. Painted receiver, barrel looks like it was turned down with a dull screwdriver and the wood/metal fits are pretty poor.... but, if you like that sort of thing go grab one... somebody has to keep these gun manufacturers in business..
When I saw the "Best RIfle Ever" I thought it was about the Benelli Lupus.
Whats the chance the mag box dimensions suck?
Posted By: las Re: The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/05/22
Best rifle ever came out in about 1898. Guy by the name of Mauser got it right on his (second?) try....

YMMV. smile
And the winner is...

Originally Posted by las
Best rifle ever came out in about 1898. Guy by the name of Mauser got it right on his (second?) try....

YMMV. smile

Henry's are uglier than Savage Axises.
Originally Posted by GAGoober
I ain’t got no man bun so I will pass.

A solution for no man bun can be found here: Clip On Man Bun <affordable!>

the rump ranger is more accurate
To each his own. I'm pretty sure I'll never see one.
Henry is the worst company to attempt building a lever action rifle. It’s like they had 3 people in different parts of the world build the stock, action and barrel assembly without knowing what the other 2 were doing. When it comes together, it is so hideous, only a mutant would consider buying that morphadite mess…

There it is.
I don't mind them.

Only a dill-rod would get upset about a firearm being for sale.
Originally Posted by centershot
They need to offer one with a plastic stock for the lever action tacticool crowd.

Like that mossberg abortion???? IIRC..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤢🤢🤢
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I don't mind them.

Only a dill-rod would get upset about a firearm being for sale.

^^^The Voice of reason^^^
Originally Posted by OGB

You do realize that a crescent wrench, even if its made by snap-on isn't the only tool in the box don't you?

so i guess you never have owned or used a model 70 pre64 ?? > get back to me when you have been on a real hunt in the mountains ride`n a horse or mule with one simple rifle in a 30-06 or 270 Winchester Model 70 pre64 in the cold snow elk season in bear country ,that`s when you need a rifle you can have faith with and that rifle will still get the job done when your life may depend on. that`s no place for 6.5 Creedmoor Henry lever rifle.
Originally Posted by OGB

so i guess you never have owned or used a model 70 pre64 ?? > get back to me when you have been on a real hunt in the mountains ride`n a horse or mule with one simple rifle in a 30-06 or 270 Winchester Model 70 pre64 in the cold snow elk season in bear country ,that`s when you need a rifle you can have faith with and that rifle will still get the job done when your life may depend on. that`s no place for 6.5 Creedmoor Henry lever rifle.

I like Mauser actions and Model 70’s too but for a long hike off trail it’d be hard to beat what’s probably the most cloned action in use today some sort of Remington 700 variant.
There's no way that I'd trade my Winchester 94 7/30 Waters for one.
Daisy Red Ryder.

Next question.

🦫
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
It was already made over 100 years ago. The Winchester 1894 in 30 30.

Yes, or the model 1910 in 401 Win SL

I lol'd

Also, it's bullshit like this that's going-to make serious leverguners and serious LR Bench shooters question Henry's motives and integrity.
Originally Posted by SCRooster

I lol'd

Also, it's bullshit like this that's going-to make serious leverguners and serious LR Bench shooters question Henry's motives and integrity.
Like they did Brownings when they chambered that hideous BLR in 6.5 Creed ?
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Ugly as homemade soap.

Much better looking than Kilery or Piglosi or Michael.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Ugly as homemade soap.

Much better looking than Kilery or Piglosi or Michael.

…or McConnell, or McCarthy, or Romney-McDaniel, or Graham, or Cruz, or ……….
looks like a toy!
A lever rifle looks like a lever rifle shooting lever action rifle rounds.
Not for me. I 'll take a tube under my barrel, I'm fine with its limitations, it has the look.
Son of the Gael: NO... you are absolutely wrong - savages are way, way, way more ugly than any of the Henry line-up!
Never owned a savage bolt action centerfire - never will.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I can't get past the ugly buttstock.
I’ve said it before about Henry’s, and I’ll say it again. They just don’t look “right”. The proportions always look funny. Angles where there should be a curve/radius. Forearms that are too “blocky”, or an inch or two “too short”. They always seem to look like something in the “prototype” phase, that need that extra bit of work to be ready for prime time.

It’s a real shame. They always seem to use nice walnut, in all but their lowest-end models. They also seem very committed to keeping production in the US, as well. I just wish they’d hire 1 or 2 guys who would get the cosmetics “right”.
Originally Posted by fburgtx
I’ve said it before about Henry’s, and I’ll say it again. They just don’t look “right”. The proportions always look funny. Angles where there should be a curve/radius. Forearms that are too “blocky”, or an inch or two “too short”. They always seem to look like something in the “prototype” phase, that need that extra bit of work to be ready for prime time.

It’s a real shame. They always seem to use nice walnut, in all but their lowest-end models. They also seem very committed to keeping production in the US, as well. I just wish they’d hire 1 or 2 guys who would get the cosmetics “right”.
Pretty sure they hired Savages stock designer.

Butt only gay rangers know that. It's that old it takes one to know one thing I read.
Posted By: OGB Re: The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/06/22
Originally Posted by OGB

Wasn't denigrating the M70 (if you read my post objectively)
Just saying there is more than one tool.
The default "best ever rifle" is often the "legendary", "vaunted", "venerable" (or whatever other overused magazine article article adjective you prefer) M70. Make it a pre 64 too.

Meh

Better stuff out there now. Don't like the Henry? OK.
Lots of people just shoot deer in the back 40.
Posted By: DBT Re: The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/06/22
A friend owned something similar back in the nineties, A Miroku I think. It had a box magazine and shot quite well. I regret not buying it when he was downsizing his collection.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by OGB

I like Mauser actions and Model 70’s too but for a long hike off trail it’d be hard to beat what’s probably the most cloned action in use today some sort of Remington 700 variant.

i took 2 - 338 Win. mags up in the mountains its cold 4 inches of snow on the ground and snowed and rained 4 days, leaving a tent camp with grizzly bear warning signs riding up on mule, 1st day in the saddle on that mule the Remington S.S. 338 Win. mag. in the scrabbard top was open raining and snowing nasty weather got up on top of that mountain , momma grizzly - 2 cubs run out 60 ft. from me , mule is screaming ,i pull the Rem.700 out of scabbard just in case , good bears they run away , i check rifle after taking ammo out , the firing pin in bolt is froze up solid by moisture other 2 laugh until they check their Rem. 700`s their rifles are froze up too. so we get a fire going and unthraw these rifle bolts . next day a bring the old Wnchester model 70 pre64 338 in the scabbard with open scabbard again same nasty weather, the other 2 guys using only their Rem. 700`s froze up again until they put a garbage bag over those 700`s but the Win. model 70 pre 64 never did the rest of that week in a open scabbard.that`s why i use a Winchester model 70 pre 64 or a Ruger #1 these 2 actions have not failed me in any weather conditions so far. but the Model 70 is my work horse in the mountains always or maybe a Weatherby Mark 5 action would be another type action rifle i would take in a scabbard ? never again for me a Rem. 700 in the scabbard in the mountains.
Posted By: richj Re: The Best Rifle Ever, is Here - 05/06/22
I'd like to see a range report on any caliber of these rifles. Wish all calibers came with irons.

When I was in Vegas lat year went into a local gun store, they had one that was returned. I didn't ask why.
Originally Posted by OGB

i took 2 - 338 Win. mags up in the mountains its cold 4 inches of snow on the ground and snowed and rained 4 days, leaving a tent camp with grizzly bear warning signs riding up on mule, 1st day in the saddle on that mule the Remington S.S. 338 Win. mag. in the scrabbard top was open raining and snowing nasty weather got up on top of that mountain , momma grizzly - 2 cubs run out 60 ft. from me , mule is screaming ,i pull the Rem.700 out of scabbard just in case , good bears they run away , i check rifle after taking ammo out , the firing pin in bolt is froze up solid by moisture other 2 laugh until they check their Rem. 700`s their rifles are froze up too. so we get a fire going and unthraw these rifle bolts . next day a bring the old Wnchester model 70 pre64 338 in the scabbard with open scabbard again same nasty weather, the other 2 guys using only their Rem. 700`s froze up again until they put a garbage bag over those 700`s but the Win. model 70 pre 64 never did the rest of that week in a open scabbard.that`s why i use a Winchester model 70 pre 64 or a Ruger #1 these 2 actions have not failed me in any weather conditions so far. but the Model 70 is my work horse in the mountains always or maybe a Weatherby Mark 5 action would be another type action rifle i would take in a scabbard ? never again for me a Rem. 700 in the scabbard in the mountains.

On the "nothing is perfect" side of this subject- I was hunting with a buddy and he spots a nice buck. Pulls his Pre 64 Model 70 and pulls the trigger, nothing happens and the buck walks away. I find him later and he is saying some not-so-nice words about his rifle and we head back to camp. Once in camp we take his bolt apart to check what happened and the firing pin spring is rusted solid to the firing pin and can't move the fp forward when the sear is released. It took us a few minutes to oil everything up and clean the rust off the firing pin spring and get it working again and put it back together but it worked fine the rest of the time he owned it...

Bob
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by OGB

On the "nothing is perfect" side of this subject- I was hunting with a buddy and he spots a nice buck. Pulls his Pre 64 Model 70 and pulls the trigger, nothing happens and the buck walks away. I find him later and he is saying some not-so-nice words about his rifle and we head back to camp. Once in camp we take his bolt apart to check what happened and the firing pin spring is rusted solid to the firing pin and can't move the fp forward when the sear is released. It took us a few minutes to oil everything up and clean the rust off the firing pin spring and get it working again and put it back together but it worked fine the rest of the time he owned it...

Bob

I hope yoos guys didn’t blame that in the rifle
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by OGB

Bob

your friend needs to learn about gun maintenance that`s not the rifles fault that was his foolish fault .
Not everyone likes the same thing. If levers are your thing by all means and carry what you like. Same with cartridge selection. I will say that the BLR was a decent lever gun. The Henry probably is as well for bottle neck cartridges.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Not everyone likes the same thing. If levers are your thing by all means and carry what you like. Same with cartridge selection. I will say that the BLR was a decent lever gun. The Henry probably is as well for bottle neck cartridges.

What are you, a "T" Ball coach?

In real life there are winners and losers, the Henry is a loser!
© 24hourcampfire