Home
Posted By: papat Just got propane - 10/27/22
Eddie, my propane guy just left. Filled tank for my shop. $2.35 a gallon today. He said it is looking to reach $5 later. Mentioned heating oil in the NE is or will be at insane levels. What is it where you are?
Posted By: Raeford Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Just paid $2.50gl
Delivered
Only 72gl[3-#100 tanks].
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
This is our "locked in rate" for this season;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FJT !

Used to be 0.58 per liter, coupla years ago.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
I don’t know, we don’t on a trailer.

lol
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
I don’t know, we don’t on a trailer.

lol
Casa de double wide uses propane...
2 dolla a gal this June. We have enough tank to get us through the winter here.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
$2.59 from Farmers Supply Corp. Up over double from last year.
Either do we, but we are miles from anywhere !

Posted By: joken2 Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Kentucky Residential Propane Price
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
1.95 in Aug. We buy once a year in July/ Aug
Posted By: VernAK Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Sure beats $5.50 all to hell.
Posted By: JLWilson Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
We contacted it for 1.92 here.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Posted By: Windfall Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
$2.15 pre paid for 800 gallons in July. $1.19 in 2019. Just wait until we start sending our gas to Ukraine to get them through their winter. Stand by for a ram.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
NG here.......

$95/month
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
I haven't noticed. Our kitchen stove is all we use it for so it's an insignificant cost. Our winters supply of heating fuel cost us about a hundred bucks. That includes gas, bar oil and a new chain.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
We are ballpark $4/gallon here in the swamps.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
$2.15
Originally Posted by tikkanut
NG here.......

$95/month

You [bleep] town guys !

grin
Posted By: AKduck Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
$3.94 here😏
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
$2.54 awhile back. Wife unit turned on the furnace the other day!

Saw in Arkansas #2 truck diesel at $2.30/gallon ABOVE unleaded. Largest split I've seen. FJB
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
IIRC it was $1.19 when Mr Trump was allowing the economy to operate on its own.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
FJB and the rest of the commies
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Canada allows installation of propane tanks right up against the side of a dwelling, right next to a window, and underneath an eve with an attic vent?

Phil
Posted By: 79S Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Posted By: Redneck Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Woof..... Geez. I'm so lucky - it costs me less tha $1K to heat this place for the entire year (about 2250 ft sq+).. 90% wood, 10% fuel oil..

I feel for everyone who has to pay these kinds of prices for fuel/LP etc., now... eek
Posted By: Raeford Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Canada allows installation of propane tanks right up against the side of a dwelling, right next to a window, and underneath an eve with an attic vent?

Phil

99's doesn't live in Cali.........
Please, just stay there as you are fully programmed.
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Indoor heat is over rated. Just a notch below indoor plumbing IMHO.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by Raeford

Phil

You can install a less than 120 gallon tank adjacent to the home here. I think it has to be 10ft from any ignition source or intake for heater.
Posted By: JGray Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
I just filled the 30 lb bottles for our 5th wheel last Sunday at $1/lb. If my math is correct, that should be $4.13/gal. I suppose buying in larger quantities as described above would result in lower prices...
Posted By: Teal Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by Redneck
Woof..... Geez. I'm so lucky - it costs me less tha $1K to heat this place for the entire year (about 2250 ft sq+).. 90% wood, 10% fuel oil..

I feel for everyone who has to pay these kinds of prices for fuel/LP etc., now... eek

I'm on city gas - summer is usually about 70 a month, winter it jumps to 110 or so. No special plan, just "whatever".
Posted By: Terryk Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
We burn wood pellets in 2 stoves. about 4 1/2 ton a year. I got last batch at 280/ton, they went up the next day to 310.
I got 5 ton at the house, so we should be good for the year.
I had pellets for over 20 years, and usually a ton is about the same as a gallon of gas. So gas at 1.80 a gallon, pellets would be about 180 a ton. Anyway it was always close. So pellets we kinda cheap this season.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
I burn propane in my furnace. But I've cut a pretty good stack of firewood this year. The man who built this house was serious about insulation.

I got the firebox in my double sided fireplace hot a few nights ago and turned the furnace off after the house hit 66 degrees. With the fans blowing, the fireplace took it up to 72 degrees and held it there. It was actually warmer than I prefer,..so I let the fire burn down a couple of hours before going to bed.

It was still 70 degrees in the house when we went to bed.

Typically, we'll burn 1200 gallons of propane through a winter. I'm going to seriously work the firebox this year and see if I can get it down to 900 gallons, or so.

If push comes to shove regarding fuel prices, I'll bite the bullet and have a proper insert installed. But for now, this big, double sided fireplace urged on by a pair of Vortex fans will keep the house as warm as I want it as long as I pump enough wood to it. But wood is everywhere around here if you want to go to the trouble of processing it.

Phil

Looks like it, doesn't it !

All certified too !

smile

Oh, go eat a bag of dicks, ya poof !
Originally Posted by Raeford

Phil

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha !

& Phil, I forgot to tell you to [bleep] off, above !
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Heating oil is $5.89/go.

Not sure it is an insane level or not.

Yesterday the news said it could go up 25%.
Wasn't sure if that meant from an old price or the current.
Today I hear of an impending diesel shortage,
If that happens heating oil may well increase 25% above current.
$7/gal might just be insane.

You shouldn't burn anything that expensive!
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Heating oil is $5.89/go.

There is heating oil shortages already and it’s not even cold yet.
Posted By: Plumdog Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22

Phil
But it is heavier than air.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by Plumdog

Phil
But it is heavier than air.

Minor detail, lol
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

That looks cold !!!!!!

We'll get a few days of real winter here....sun comes out & melts driveway & streets by noon

Having the house facing south & lots of windows......well insulated & it's easy to heat

The NG bill currently runs $95/month...then re adjusted in June to cover the cold months...jumps to $115 ish (equal pay)

NG Radiant tube heat for the garage is wonderful !

The 110V mini split system really works so well to save main furnace from running..heat or AC

pic.......occasional winter day....mountains get the brunt of the storms

Posted By: KEVIN_JAY Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
last delivery 10/5 2.42
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
No skin of my back (prick), I can see what size they are. And I'm also pretty sure that in Ontario, Canada the regs are pretty much the same as they are here. Or another words there is no specified specs for distance for a 125-gallon tank or less. But you have 4 right next to each other which means the distance requirements for the total capacity of the 4 tanks combined. Or another words 10 feet from the building and 3 feet spacing between the individual tanks. Doesn't matter if they are hooked up in parallel, or just one hooked up and the other just sitting in storage. As I say, no skin off my back. Also, while propane is a heavy gas, when there is a leak, during the process of disconnecting, and while bleeding, it can go anywhere and usually does.

Phil
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22
No skin of my back (prick), I can see what size they are. And I'm also pretty sure that in Ontario, Canada the regs are pretty much the same as they are here. Or another words there is no specified specs for distance for a 125-gallon tank or less. But you have 4 right next to each other which means the distance requirements for the total capacity of the 4 tanks combined. Or another words 10 feet from the building and 3 feet spacing between the individual tanks. Doesn't matter if they are hooked up in parallel, or just one hooked up and the other just sitting in storage. As I say, no skin off my back. Also, while propane is a heavy gas, when there is a leak, during the process of disconnecting, and while bleeding, it can go anywhere and usually does.

Phil
It's "in other words" Dumb Fuqk
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Just got propane - 10/27/22

Damn. Wish I was miles from anywhere. It's noisy as f*ck in the Metroplex (Big D).
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Just got propane - 10/28/22
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Heating oil is $5.89/go.

There is heating oil shortages already and it’s not even cold yet.

Family is employed by an oil company that delivers HO, and LP,
along with c-stores. I used to haul for them.
They have been having sparrodic trouble getting diesel for months.
No issues with HO, kero is just unavailable through the Buckeye Pipeline,
They now have to pay to have it hauled in from near Pittsburgh.

They are aware of the impending issue, but their storage is limited to
transfer capacity. Over 10,000 customers, and they can only store about 2 days worth of product.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Just got propane - 10/28/22

Phil

Hey Phil,

Did you not read that "the tank array" is certified !!

It was right there, not even in fine print !

That usually means that the professional, who writes the certification, knows that all laws have been followed & is thus safe, both for the residents & the company employees filling the system.

For a dickhead, with no skin in the game, you seem overly invested.

You really are, a retarded little man.

Here's hoping, your weekend, lives up to your expectations.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Just got propane - 10/28/22

Phil

Hey Phil,

Did you not read that "the tank array" is certified !!

It was right there, not even in fine print !

That usually means that the professional, who writes the certification, knows that all laws have been followed & is thus safe, both for the residents & the company employees filling the system.

For a dickhead, with no skin in the game, you seem overly invested.

You really are, a retarded little man.

Here's hoping, your weekend, lives up to your expectations.

I'm calling the HOA Nanny on you!
Wait, where is it that you live?
Nevermind!
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Just got propane - 10/28/22
Just called Amerigas. 200 gal at $3.49.
© 24hourcampfire