Home
Evening everyone. A buddy of mine has a place in Fort Walton Beach, FL and we are looking for an outfitter/lodge to go to near that area (I’m guessing Southern Alabama) for deer and hogs. Any help/input would be great.
I’ve lived and hunted my entire life in Alabama. There’s very few pay properties around that offer even good hunting much less great. Alabama is not a destination hunt. Don’t get me have solid deer but it takes a lot of land and a lot of trigger control. Finding large tracts of that are VERY hard to find.

Destin/ Ft Walton is a hell of a jumping off point for offshore fishing.
Mississippi, texas better choices
Maybe look at Pa-Ko Plantation. Just west of Eufaula,Al
Soggy Bottom Lodge is owned by a great guy that immigrated (legally) to the U.S. He is an upstanding person and citizen. The kind of guy we all want to come here and become a citizen. He has more than paid his dues and done well.

The facility is Top Notch:

https://soggybottomlodge.com/
Originally Posted by Joshm28
I’ve lived and hunted my entire life in Alabama. There’s very few pay properties around that offer even good hunting much less great. Alabama is not a destination hunt. Don’t get me have solid deer but it takes a lot of land and a lot of trigger control. Finding large tracts of that are VERY hard to find.

Destin/ Ft Walton is a hell of a jumping off point for offshore fishing.

Truth
Not good hunting in Alabama. I would seriously consider going to Texas or farther😎
I get a case O the s hits just seeing the word Florida!!
We are looking at public land at this point.
© 24hourcampfire